No announcement yet.

RIP Carrie Fisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayerling View Post
      My sympathies are especially sharp for Ms Reynolds, who has had the sad misfortune of surviving her well-known daughter. It is not an easy blow for any parent.

Jeff
      Now I feel a little bad for being unwittingly prescient here. I liked Debbie Reynolds in many films, like "Tammy", "Singin' in the Rain", "The Mating Season", and "The Unsinkable Molly Brown". Ironically, the actress who created the role of "Molly Brown" on Broadway before the film was made, Tammy Grimes died only two months back.

R.I.P. Debbie, Carrie, and Tammy.

Jeff

Comment

I saw "Rogue One" last night, the final scene is so poignant now.

I will have to go and see it again as every time "Peter Cushing" appeared on screen my following of the story had a hard reset...great to have him back even if the voice was a little funny and it was for only one night.
        My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
          I saw "Rogue One" last night, the final scene is so poignant now.

I will have to go and see it again as every time "Peter Cushing" appeared on screen my following of the story had a hard reset...great to have him back even if the voice was a little funny and it was for only one night.
          Strange to think that an actor who did appear in mostly horror and science fiction films (he was the first movie "Dr. Who") should end up being "resuscitated" two decades after his death for a reappearance in a new motion picture, reprising his "Star Wars" role from the initial film. When Peter Sellers appeared in two posthumous films as "Inspector Clouseau", he was shown in outtakes from the previous five films.

I wonder if Sir Christopher Lee will be brought back next, or Vincent Price? Who knows, maybe Lionel Atwill.

Jeff

Comment

I wonder if Sir Christopher Lee will be brought back next, or Vincent Price? Who knows, maybe Lionel Atwill.
            I hope so...I was left feeling all the effort to bring back PC was wasted on silly stuff like Star Wars when we could be making more Hammer films!

Coincidentally I stack-watched all the Pink Panther films in the run-up to Christmas...I had forgotten how funny they were classic stuff...and who knows (in a Tom Baker voice) who knows we might get more of Sellers's Clouseau.

It's great living in the future.
            My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

I enjoyed a repeat of "An Audience With..." the other night, featuring a holographic reconstruction of the great British comedian, Les Dawson - of whom I'm a big fan. The whole show is on YouTube (recommended), but here's a news clip to whet the appetite:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                I enjoyed a repeat of "An Audience With..." the other night, featuring a holographic reconstruction of the great British comedian, Les Dawson - of whom I'm a big fan. The whole show is on YouTube (recommended), but here's a news clip to whet the appetite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdYt_8h6Ahg
                It is not the same thing, exactly, but since the 1990s there have been several commercials that used clips (highly selected) of various dead actors, actresses, and entertainers, to sell products. Most notably Myrna Loy did such in a series for a paint company, using scenes she did (with a quietly patient Emory Parnell) from the movie, "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House". Cary Grant (who played Blandings) also was used (with Groucho Marx and Gene Kelly (the latter from "On the Town", and Grant pouring a bottle of champagne in "Indiscreet")) for a commercial for Pepsi Cola (Grant's bottle had been computerized into a Pepsi bottle). Marilyn Monroe has appeared in two commercials (done with more imagination - in one over a decade ago she was metamorphized from another woman in a theater, and more recently she was shown doing the "subway grate" sequence from "Seven Year Itch" (she becomes "herself" as a pleasant Marilyn when given a candy bar, which was the product). Eugene Levy is in the second commercial as a camera technician who thnks the sequence will never make the final cut.

Jeff

Comment

Two more :

Comment

Working...
                  X