An idea for a book ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea for a book ...

My apologies if someone has already thought of this BUT I've been reading a fictional book called The Hidden Diary of Marie Antoinette and thought this would be a neat idea for JTR ie "The Hidden Diary of Jack the Ripper". I would be fictional but could draw on known facts from the case. Just a thought. I think there would be much interest even if it was fiction. I'd be tempted to write the thing myself but do not consider myself knowlegeable enough to try it!

Any budding authors out there?

Hi Sasha

At the risk of being controversial - there is already a fictional Diary of JTR!

Coral

Comment

Indeed, you're right. There is a diary of Jack the Ripper. And although it is a fake, and thus fiction, it was purported to be fact. It sounds like this would be advertised as a work of fiction, and therefore wouldn't incur the wrath the other diary did. I'd be interested in reading it. I'd be interested in writing it. Maybe it could be an anthology of different authors each writing a JtR diary from different theorys as a launchpad. What do you think?
      "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." Winston Churchill

Comment

Check out Brian L Porter's "A Study in Red- The Secret Journal of Jack the Ripper", it's available on Amazon and several book stores can order the title.
        Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by BillyE View Post
          Indeed, you're right. There is a diary of Jack the Ripper. And although it is a fake, and thus fiction, it was purported to be fact. It sounds like this would be advertised as a work of fiction, and therefore wouldn't incur the wrath the other diary did. I'd be interested in reading it. I'd be interested in writing it. Maybe it could be an anthology of different authors each writing a JtR diary from different theorys as a launchpad. What do you think?
          And I'd be interested in reading it. I never heard of the book Mike referred to but perhaps it's worth another look. Perhaps from someone who know this stuff. Perhaps someone from these boards?

Comment

Hi Sasha, Brian L Porter is a member of the boards and posts under the username "Rescuedog". He is a really nice bloke and his book his fantastic.
            The only way I can describe it, is to say it is like a rollercoaster!
            Regards Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike. Look forward to reading it!

Sasha

Comment

A better idea would Mary Kellys diary. You could cover all the murders that way. As told to her by Barnett. It could include her thoughts. History or whatever. The diary could be found hidden in the wall of 13 Millers Court. Maybe by a later tenant. Maybe Kitty Ronan could find it somehow. She reads it on the same night she is killed.The diary is then lost again.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Rowe View Post
                  A better idea would Mary Kellys diary.
                  Been there, done that .... still working on the T-shirt

http://www.marykelly.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                  X