"Blutiger Herbst" A german Jack the Ripper novel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Blutiger Herbst" A german Jack the Ripper novel

Hey guys, I just published a ebook-serial about Jack the Ripper and I wanted to let you know about that.
    My story is not quite as dark as one may expect, but it is thrilling anyway or so I hope. It is a mixture of a love story, a historical novel and a thriller. Love story may sound odd for a Ripper-story, but as the Ripper is not the only person important in that story, it is not so odd altogether:
    The story is about a young woman, who elopes from her hometown Deal in Kent to get married to her fiancé. But her fiancé is not quite as nice or as trustworthy as she hoped and so the young woman Rebecca has to fend for herself or go home again. She wants to become a seamstress and searches for a bed and a job in Whitechapel. There she meets Polly (Mary Ann Nichols) and when Polly gets killed, she decides to catch the murderer. She doesn't know yet that the killer just started killing and she doesn't suspect that meeting Inspector Joseph Chandler and working with him will have much impact on her personal life as well...
    So that's the summary, feel free to take a look at it here. It's a serial, so every now and then there will be a new part: http://www.thalia.de/shop/tha_homest...jumpId=8881751
    Sadly for some of you, it is in German and so I guess many will not be able to read it. But I am German as well and my English is okay, but much too bad to write a novel in English.

Well, and as I got this far finally I want to thank all of you who answered in one thread or the other when I had questions about the murders, likely suspects and so on. It was very helpful, but please keep in mind, when you read my story, that it is only a fictional story and although I tried to stick to the main facts, I may have changed some bits.

Hi Tresschen,

It's an interesting idea for a novel. I hope it does well.

Regards, Bridewell.
    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

I hope so, too. It is my first book ever, not my first story at novel-lenght, but the first which gets published. So I keep my fingers crossed for it.

Comment

Now Part 2 is available on Amazon as well: http://www.amazon.com/Blutiger-Herbs...lutiger+Herbst
        And every month, there will be a new part. Have fun, all you German-speaking people around here.

Comment

Good luck with this Tresschen!

Dave

Comment

Thanks Dave! I hope so, too. From now on there will be a new part every month.

Comment

Good luck with your book.

Comment

Thank you very much, Esther!

Comment

Working...
                X