New Independent Review No. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Independent Review No. 2

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']The next issue of the New Independent Review is coming soon. Those smart enough to have a subscription will find it in their mailbox this week, while those without a subscription will have to act quickly or be disappointed.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']This issue features a bit of historical detective work by Joe Chetcuti as he clears up one mystery in the career of Dr. Tumblety. Meanwhile, Michael Hawley suggests a fresh look at the veracity of Col. Dunham is in order and Don Souden takes a (PC) Long look at the apron controversy. Added to the mix are some book reviews, the regular Adam Went column and more than a few surprises.[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Subscription information is available at http://newindependentreview.com/ and other inquiries should be sent to newindyreview@aol.com[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Don Souden,[/FONT]
    [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Executive editor.[/FONT]
    "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

future looking

Hello Don. I look forward to it!

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Issue 2 of the New Independent Review is now out. if you are a subscriber and do not find the issue in your email box check your -- sigh! -- spam folder. If it is not there either please direct your inquiry to: newindyreview@aol.com

If you already have the issue, enjoy!

Don Souden,
      Executive Editor.
      "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

My copy arrived this afternoon and I had a quick glance at it. I liked the editorial, and the articles look very interesting. I'll spend part of this evening curled up with my laptop. Well done, Don.

Comment

kudos

Hello Don. Just finished my copy. Thanks.

Kudos to all.

I enjoyed your piece on the apron. I appreciate your examining different angles. If only the bloke had thrown it down around the end of St. James passage we could all relax now.

Cheers.
          LC

Comment

Hello Lynn.
            Will need to ask you what exactly you mean by the St. James passage, as I don't have any London maps here in Chicago. Are you talking police jurisdictions?
            And by the by, I'm good to go if you feel like sending over the AFs (printouts, not digital). I can even ask Morris how “Schwartz“ is spelled, but I'd rather trust Dr. Turtletaub.

With apologies for the short highjack, Don, congrats again for the second issue, and thanks for your mail.
            Last edited by mariab; 01-14-2012, 12:53 AM.
            Best regards,
            Maria

Comment

explanation

Hello Maria. That's the third way in/out of Mitre sq. The others were Church passage and Mitre st.

Many theorise that Kate's assailant left via that route.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

Oh, OK. Now I get what you meant, Lynn.
                I hope to go to London (for research) in May and re-walk the murder sites, cuz the first time I tried to do this last October, on that specific day I was ill with bad stomach aches and not at 100%. (Was walking around doing a bad impersonation of Annie Chapman. ;-))
                Best regards,
                Maria

Comment

ripper walk

Hello Maria. Well, better luck this time.

Say, that might be a good topic for a future article--"My personal Ripper walk."

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Hopefully, Lynn.
                    As for articles, I have a couple ones planned out, but not before late February, as my research is long not done and my first priority is my (second) book on Rossini, of which I was just scheduling the work and it appears that I could finish Part 1 (of 7) in early February. But we'll see if any of this materializes as planned. ;-)

Exiting the thread now and leaving the discussion (back) to The NIR#2, which I won't be able to read before the end of the month.
                    Best regards,
                    Maria

Comment

Hi all,

I just wanted to recommend to anyone who is thinking about publishing their research, regardless of how extensive it is, to take the next step and contact the editors. They are so helpful. It is a painless and enjoyable experience.

Sincerely,

Mike
                      Last edited by mklhawley; 01-15-2012, 12:05 AM.
                      The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                      http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

We do appreciate what Mike wrote and let me add that ir was also a pleasant experience working with him.

As we said in our fiirst issue, we recognize the prime importance of magazine articles to those who study the events of the fall of 1888 and we at New Independent Review consider our primary mission to afford both new and established writers an opportunity to get their ideas published. If you are interested in writing or reviewing for us please write to: newindyreview@aol.com .

Don Souden
                        Executive Editor.

Comment

good job

Hello Mike. Well, if we all wrote as well as you it would be painless indeed.

Nice article.

Cheers.
                          LC

Comment

I'm biased of course but I think the second issue looks even better than the first. Excellent work and congratulations to all involved.

Cheers,
                            Adam.

Comment

Website

An invitation to everyone to come visit our new and improved website at http://newindependentreview.com/
                              and learn more about our efforts to promote the non-Ripper books of Ripperologists.

Don Souden,
                              Executive Editor.

Comment

Working...
                              X