Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Francis Thompson and the Jack the Ripper Pattern Murder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Francis Thompson and the Jack the Ripper Pattern Murder.

When people look at solving a crime they try to find a pattern of murder. Over the years people have looked at maps of where the murders occurred and have tried to see a pattern in it. Some people have connected the dots and seen anything from a pentagon shape to a cross. Here’s yet another pattern for the Jack the Ripper murders.

After the murder of Nichols the killer turned west with the murder of Chapman. He then went southeast and killed Stride, before again making his way west to slay Eddowes. Finally the killer returned to the northeast with Kelly's murder. If a line is drawn, following these directions, given that they are true and equidistant, they make a figure eight pattern.

This pattern is more commonly called the ‘Vesica Pisces’ or Vessel of the Fish and is a paramount image of sacred geometry and central symbol to Christian religion. Thompson was obsessed with this symbol. This figure eight pattern was printed on the cover of Thompson’s 1913 three volume complete works. Engraved upon Francis Thompson’s tomb is the same symbol carved as linked crowns, one of laurels, and the other of thorns:

A central part of Thompson longest poem ‘Sister Songs’ depicts Dryads, which are mythical winged spirits. These spirits trace two circles in a linked figure eight pattern in the air.

‘Sister Songs’ records:
    Gyre in gyre their treading was,...
    Wheeling with an adverse flight,
    In twi-circle o'er the grass,
    All the band linked by each other's hand;’

The figure eight Vesica Pisces as shown in the cardinal compass directions the Ripper headed after each murders, is in the form of two triangles that meet at a point so that one is upright and the other is reversed. Thompson held this shape to be of utmost importance. Here is given just a small section of his on the topic, which is contained in his notebooks, stored in the Burns Library in Boston. It is given as he wrote it to highlight the depth of observations,

‘Antipodal Triangle 1= first progeny of any given triangle in its evolution towards perfection. (i.e. towards equilateral triangle). Tendency of successive progenies to oscillate twist plus and minus; difference of half each time, as measured by angle of equilateral ∆ = 60 degrees. Thus one progeny will equal (say) +70 degrees, the next =5.5 degrees; next +62 ½, next -58 ¾ (plus +minus). Thus progress in a regular 2 ratio till an equilateral ∆ is evolved. Reversing the process you pass through the “∆ of reference” (or starting-point ∆), & reach ultimately a point = degenerated triangle. But, in certain cases the triangles tend to degenerate into an oscillating straight line, the basic ends closing up simultaneously with the apex (apex point>) & thus coalescing in the point = the degenerated triangle. (Hegelian law)...the straight line only manifests the oscillation.’

This figure eight 'Vesica Pisces' pattern, shown in the murders and studied by Thompson, is more commonly called the Vessel of the Fish. It is a paramount image of sacred geometry and a central symbol to Christianity. Of this symbol Thompson professed,

Oh, I believe astrology,
    Tis destiny prevails,
    And my evil stars are the fishes, with
    The Virgin and the Scales!

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
    Author of

"Jack the Ripper, The Works of Francis Thompson"

http://www.francisjthompson.com/

And if there were more or less than 5 killings what shape/s do we get then?
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

they make a figure eight pattern.

This pattern is more commonly called the ‘Vesica Pisces’ or Vessel of the Fish
      No, it isn't.

Comment

With all due respect, Richard, I think your desperate attempts to peddle Thompson as the Ripper are actually undermining your own cause. Put aside this fluff, stick to the facts, and let people draw their own conclusions.

Comment

Over egging the pudding again.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Do Thompson's book cover and his tombstone have the full Vesica Pisces or just the mandorla or almond-shape?

The VP theory in Ripperology is what led to Tom Wescott to be the first in 70 years to identify the signature on the Lindbergh ransom note. http://www.casebook.org/ripper_media...l?printer=true

Even if you don't believe in the two rings at the Chapman scene, there were two pills, which I believe were probably round. The Son of Sam also had a similar symbol which seems to be endemic to certain types of criminals as trout to fresh water lakes, although I would differentiate between the 'Christian' fish symbol and the fish bladder.

Comment

Originally posted by MayBea View Post
              Do Thompson's book cover and his tombstone have the full Vesica Pisces or just the mandorla or almond-shape?

The VP theory in Ripperology is what led to Tom Wescott to be the first in 70 years to identify the signature on the Lindbergh ransom note. http://www.casebook.org/ripper_media...l?printer=true

Even if you don't believe in the two rings at the Chapman scene, there were two pills, which I believe were probably round. The Son of Sam also had a similar symbol which seems to be endemic to certain types of criminals as trout to fresh water lakes, although I would differentiate between the 'Christian' fish symbol and the fish bladder.
              Major Henry Smith, of the City Police, concurred with the "Daily Telegraph's" report that next to the body of Annie Chapman were found some brightly polished coins. (these I believe were reported to be lying against each other.)

Here are my photos MayBea, from my FaceBook book group, that show the Vesica Pisces on Thompson's grave and on his books. The symbol, as a figure eight, created by the murder pattern is the toppled Vesica.

Author of

Comment

Here is an image to illustrate how the Pattern of Murder is arrived at. A toppled Vesica Pisces.

Author of

Comment

Both images were from posthumous symbols and one of the copies of the volume of Works has the wreath and crown of thorns combined into one circle symbol.

The theory of a possible geometric pattern is valid, in my opinion, so I agree with the direction your taking us. I'm just pointing out that there are different interpretations and associations I can't agree with.

Antipodal triangles are part of spherical geometry. That's 3 dimensions, not 2. But it does show an interest in geometric concepts and sacred geometry.

Comment

Both images were from posthumous symbols and one of the copies of the volume of Works has the wreath and crown of thorns combined into one circle symbol.

The theory of a possible geometric pattern is valid, in my opinion, so I agree with the direction your taking us. I'm just pointing out that there are different interpretations and associations I can't agree with.

Antipodal triangles are part of spherical geometry. That's 3 dimensions, not 2. But it does show an interest in geometric concepts and sacred geometry.
                    Your right on all points. I don't think there was a book by Thompson published before his death in 1907 that show the Vesica Pisces. Antipodal triangles are to do with 3 dimensional geometry and not 2.
                    Author of

Comment

Antipodal triangles are to do with 3 dimensional geometry and not 2.
                      You'll probably like this link, Richard. It actually has a link to an article that quotes Thompson and shows an animated vesica pisces symbol in 3Dd!

https://urbanshakedowns.wordpress.co...ncis-thompson/

I'm liking your "isosceles" triangles united in a "figure 8" pattern. It's impossible not to be impressed at the almost precisely equal distances between murder scenes 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4.

Comment

You'll probably like this link, Richard. It actually has a link to an article that quotes Thompson and shows an animated vesica pisces symbol in 3Dd!

https://urbanshakedowns.wordpress.co...ncis-thompson/

I'm liking your "isosceles" triangles united in a "figure 8" pattern. It's impossible not to be impressed at the almost precisely equal distances between murder scenes 1-2, 2-3 and 3-4.
                        Thank you for the link. The little animation is instructive of the possibilities of the figure eight when brought into the 3rd dimension and I guess the 4th as a it revolves through time. As you know I account for the 5 murder locations as points in the make-up of the Vesica Pisces. The sacred-geometry of this symbol was attractive to Thompson. You may be interested in the great store he placed in the number 5 also, in relation to numerology. Here is a little he wrote on that number. I found this researching his notes in the Burns Library, Boston College.

‘five among the ancients was called the number of Justice as “justly” dividing the digits & for mathematical reasons...Also that they called it the conjugal number; because resolvable into 2 & 3, parity and imparity the active & passive digits, the material & formal principles “in generative Societies” five wise and foolish virgins, Romans allowed but five torches in their nuptial solemnities.. The most generative animals created on the fifth day. In kabala, the fifth letter of the Hebrew alphabet is the character of generation.’
                        Author of

Comment

I'm sorry. But the "figure 8" you've drawn that apparently depicts JtR's path (assuming he did indeed kill Stride) looks **nothing** like a vesica piscis. It's not even close.

And were the points you've includrd that other shape equidistant?

Comment

What I think Richard is trying to say, or should be saying, is that Jack took a figure 8 path to plot his "vesica piscis".

The points appear equidistant, except for the 5th murder. Mary Kelly lived at a fixed point and may not fit the geometry because of the different nature of the crime in his "master plan" and perhaps a different relationship to the victim.
                            Last edited by MayBea; 03-14-2015, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Math and geometry is one of the easiest ways to incorporate some type of science into your theory. In some ways, it's like adding advanced math to astrology.

I don't think Richard has narrowed the field down to one suspect, but perhaps a handful or two, who might exhibit some type of interest or skill, like geometric math, indicating or translating into navigational ability.

Doesn't his observation that Jack may have had some sort of inner GPS system, narrow the field down among men, at least?

Comment

Working...
                              X