Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

39 years old, 39 stabs. Coincidence or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
    Throw in a middle initial and there you have it.

c.d.
    or perhaps Kelly should really have been spelled Kelley -- as it often is here in the States

curious

Comment

Richard...

Anyway, true or false it`s a good theory.
      Barnett [ Kellys ex] left on the 30th, Mary dead on the 9th, it`s very difficult to join this two things, but it`s okay.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
        Its not a theory , just an observation, its only numerology of course, but it is not within the realms of possibility that number 39 meant something to the killer.
        The Barnett leaving point, was again just an observation, however he first moved in with kelly on the 9th, and left on the 30th, and she died on the 9th[ the 9th being april 1887].
        I am fully aware that I am using the term Long Liz, but pray tell me who called her stride on the streets.?
        If you dont accept the surnames, how about.
        Martha,
        Polly.
        Dark Annie.
        Long liz
        Kate
        Mary Jane.
        Again =39 letters
        But of course its all a massive coincidence isnt it?
        Regards Richard.

Comment

Hi.
          Just one more point to add, before this theory lays to rest for another five years or so.
          Its intresting that several well known suspects have 13 letters in their name, but of course many names, for instance in ones own families proberly do just that.
          Suspects like Walter Sickett.George Chapman,Michael Ostrog, but none of those are strong fancies for obvious reasons.
          But two others are strong candidates, and guess what they both have thirteen letters in their names,
          Joseph Barnett,
          Joseph Fleming.
          We know that both of these have intimate connection to the last victim , both would be rivals for her affections, and hearsay has at least Fleming showing jealousy.
          So here we have a strong motive for either one of them to feel angry, and by the way the person they were both intrested in was Mary Jane Kelly, aka Marie Jeanette, both of these names add up to 13, which makes a triangle of three people each with thirteen letters in their names, which total the mysterious 39, that are coonected.
          What does it mean, proberly that numerology is intresting, but it could also hold the key to these murders..just possibly.
          Regards Richard.

Comment

Hi Richard, all....

To be blunt Richard but without intending offense, looking to apply numerology in the Ripper crimes is akin to assuming there was some connection in the shooting of both JFK and Lincoln, because of all the surname similarities in both mens immediate circles.

Thats not to say that I look the other way anytime a coincidental factoid emerges as I realize some "coincidences" may be clues rather than answers, but when a theory hinges on a frenzied killers ability or desire to inflict a specific number of wounds on a victim, I think thats too huge a leap to warrant strong consideration.

My best regards Richard

Comment

I think it's strange that;

Jack the Ripper,
              Billy the Kid,
              Muffin the Mule

all have the same middle name and are each responsible for horrific acts against their chosen generation!
              Regards Mike

Comment

Ok...I went looking for some numerology in this and found that the date of Mary Ann's murder and the date of the next victim Annie's murder adds up to 39, and the date of the Double event when added to Mary Jane's murder date equals 39.

Unless that has been pointed out already and I missed it?

Im fairly sure if we were to take any number found in the lives of any of the victims in any shape or form...address, birthday, murder date, those kinds of stats...we could find a way to have that same number show up in a letter count of a name, or a friends address, or a coincidental birthday.

For example...the number 6 and Mary Kelly.

-MKelly is 6 letters.
                -6 is the second number of the house she lived in.
                -6 is the Dorset St address Kate gives the pawnbroker
                -Joseph is 6 letters, the name of 2 of Marys known boyfriends at the time
                -Harvey is 6 letters, and is the surname of one of Marys closest friends at the time
                -Bowyer finds her...6 letters.
                -Ripper....6 letters
                -It is alleged she was 20 and 6 years old.
                -If he killed Martha Tabram as well.....Mary is the 6th victim.
                -It is probable that she was murdered before 6am

Im sure theres a bunch more we could find as well.

All the best

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                  I think it's strange that;

Jack the Ripper,
                  Billy the Kid,
                  Muffin the Mule

all have the same middle name and are each responsible for horrific acts against their chosen generation!
                  That may be true, Mike but Smokey the Bear used his powers for good not evil and thus would be an exception to the rule. Makes you think though.

c.d.

Comment

Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
                    Donner
                    Blitzen

No more calls we have a winner at 39

Roy
                    Sink the Bismark

Comment

eerie

Hello. I just noticed something. If we add the total characters in Polly Nichols’ name, we get 12. The same is true of Annie Chapman. Now we know that 12 + 12 = 24.

We also know that Leather Apron’s friend was Mickledy Joe. “Joe” contains 3 letters. If we subtract that from our former sum, we have a remainder of 21.

2. Next, there are exactly 6 characters in “Stride.” Given 8 characters for “Dutfield,” their addition yields 14.

3. “K Eddowes” contains 8 characters, whilst “Mitre Square” has 11. 8 + 11 = 19.

4. We know that Eddowes had another name—Kate Kelly. That name contains 9 letters.

5. Kelly was the cognomen of the girl killed at 13 Miller’s Court. Her name contains 5 letters. Now, Hutchinson described a man wearing an astrakhan coat as going with her. “Astrakhan” contains 9 letters. 5 + 9 = 14.

6. Finally, “Alice MacKenzie” contains exactly 14 characters.

This gives us, 21, 14, 19, 9, 14, 14. If these correspond with the letters of the English alphabet, we have:

U-N-S-I-N-N.

It looks very like a German word. Now, being an old person, my language skills have become rusty, but I’d wager that a translation into English might help with the numerological dimensions of the ripper case.

Eerie coincidence?

LC

Comment

Hi Lynn,

It would be so nice if you could "unsinn" but alas, it can not be so. You can sin and ask forgiveness but you can't unsinn. Feel bad. Do penance. Yes, that is as it should be, but to unsinn? Could Adam and Eve put the apple back on the tree and try to hide the bite marks? Oh, if only it were so. If only it were so.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                          5. Kelly was the cognomen of the girl killed at 13 Miller’s Court. Her name contains 5 letters. Now, Hutchinson described a man wearing an astrakhan coat as going with her. “Astrakhan” contains 9 letters. 5 + 9 = 14.
                          Yeah, Lynn, but how many buttons were on his coat???

-See, that changes everything.

Archaic

Comment

Hi Guys.
                            Now you know why I very rarely bring up the numerology theory, simply because everyone tries to be clever.
                            For goodness sake I am not suggesting that our killer was a mathamatician, with an obsession with a number, although be fair good people, there have been murderers in the past that have been obsessive with, all sorts of compulsions.
                            Redheads, blondes, brunettes, the signs of the zodiac. etc, etc, so who knows.
                            Its all a massive coincidence, we all know that, and its for that reason I sincerley hope its never raised again on Casebook.
                            Regards Richard.

Comment

Odds

But the odds at this happening are not that great. If you assume that a woman begins prostituting herself at about 14 and carries on to about 55 that means she has 41 years to ply her trade. Therefore to guess a prostitutes age without seeing her the odds are about 41-1. The number of stabs wounds in a frenzied attack can easily exceed 14 yet unlikely to exceed 60 (for various reasons, physical tiredness, risk of discovery etc) so for these two numbers to coincide would not be such a stretch of the odds. Richard I believe you were a bookmaker, work them out!

Comment

absolution

Hello CD. Agreed. This approximates the mediaeval question about God's ability to restore lost virginity. The consensus? No.

Hence, I heartily crave absolution. Granted?

The best.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X