Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Supe View Post
    Mitch,

Who said anything about Martha stealing money? You seem to have made an assumption and now wonder why the photo doesn't match your assumption.

In any case, if what we were told by Perly Poll has any basis in fact, she had been drinking immoderately that night. Further, she had one serious sub-cranial head injury that may have rendered her semi-concious if not fully unconscious so a lack of a struggle or defensive wounds may well be understandable.

Don.
    I dont know anything about cranial wounds could you please inform me?

The stealing money was an assumption made by others. If Marthas body falls some-one heard it. If she was hit on the head then it was probably a soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch Rowe View Post
      I dont know anything about cranial wounds could you please inform me?
      Killeen's inquest deposition, cited by Sugden: "Upon opening the head he [Killeen] had found an effusion of blood between the scalp and the bone. The brain was pale, but healthy...".
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Thanks Chris for doing that! Her tongue is swollen and protruding slightly between her teeth. Strangled first? There isn't a mark on her face or neck that I could see.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
          Superb work, as usual, Chris.

Can we discuss something here? I'm in two minds. I have a feeling it's possible we view this image the wrong way and she's actually flat on a board, not upright.

PHILIP
          Hello Philip

We are probably misled because we have in mind the image of Catherine Eddowes pinned up against the wall (apparently) and think of the other mortuary photographs the same way. Although it makes sense for the bodies to be laying flat. The other aspect though is that you would presumably the photograph upright to give some semblence of how the women looked in life.

Chris
          Christopher T. George
          Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
          just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
          For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
          RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

That looks like a board to me behind Tabram's head, given the creases in the ( what looks like a blanket) cloth it looks as she is placed lying down, had she been upright there wouldn't be any creases in the cloth.

Comment

Excellent job Chris,

Are those some of the stab wounds on her right cheek?

Regards,
              Justin
              They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
              X