No announcement yet.

What Are You Reading Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About 200 pages left to go in The Terror. It has everything: Villains, heroes, normal horror, supernatural horror, several mysteries, nautical and ship details... I can't wait to see what happens.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

• I'm just finishing Stone's Fall by Iain Pears, a novel about international finance set in London, Paris, and Venice between 1867 and 1909. Sound boring? Well, it isn't. It has interesting characters and an intricate plot created by a master wordsmith that held my interest through 594 pages. I even learned something about international finance. Entertainment and new info: what more can one ask from a novel?

Comment

• Robert Crais

Well I've got "Demolition Angel" on the go again...for about the fourth time...I don't know why but this one gets me...I've bought loads of his other books and let them go but this one really gets me (I feel I ought to add that my library amounted to in excess of 10,000 books, but my wife seriously objected and I've been purged down to just over 2,000...well...as far as she knows anyway)

Dave

Comment

• Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
          I even learned something about international finance. Entertainment and new info: what more can one ask from a novel?
          That might be the key: Learning something from a novel.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

• I just finished Goodbye Curate by Fred Secombe and just started My Silent War by Kim Philby.

Comment

• All non-fiction at the moment

Currently going are:

Cemetary John by Robert Zorn.

Mary's Mosaic by I forgot

Black Dahlia Avenger II by Steve Hodel (it's about 1,000 pages)

And I just received The Worst Street in London by Fiona Rule and Murder In the Gilded Age by I forgot about a torso murder in America in 1897.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• And I've just finished last month's exciting issue of Sunset Magazine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                  Currently going are:

Cemetary John by Robert Zorn.

Mary's Mosaic by I forgot

Black Dahlia Avenger II by Steve Hodel (it's about 1,000 pages)

And I just received The Worst Street in London by Fiona Rule and Murder In the Gilded Age by I forgot about a torso murder in America in 1897.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                  Well, I just finished reading Lovers Lane by Rick Geary, about the Hall-Mills murder. Brand new release and very inexpensive for anyone who wants to read about the murder but doesn't want to pay the high priced Fatal Tryst. It is done all in kind of adult comic book style but has all the details of the books on it.

Just starting Jack the Ripper and black magic. I'm sure it's interesting but unlikely. I'm sure they will mention the address of Miller's court being number 13. This is Friday the 13th and there is a thunderstorm going, I'm in.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Just finished The Deep Blue Good-By, a Travis McGee novel by John D. MacDonald and just started The Spanish Civil War by Hugh Thomas

Comment

• M. V. Hughes: "A London Child Of The 1870s".

Description of a girl's childhood 1870 - 1879. Not really my kind of literature, as it was a bit cheesy, but it added to my background knowledge.

As a girl, the author was not allowed to go out much - see the snippet about Lord Mayor's Show. "Needless to say, I never saw the show myself."

The second snippet mentions Sir W. Gull. ... And such a wise man is thought to be a serial killer!

The third snippet contains a hint that explains much, and a gem of Victorian pedagogics.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by K-453; 07-23-2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• What Are You Reading Now?

Murder and Crime - Whitechapel and District.

Helena
                        Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Working...
                        X