Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Kosminski still the best suspect we have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rainbow View Post
    But who was this Kosminski who died shortly after being locked in an asylum ?!

Aaron was not Anderson's man.. end of the story.

Building a movie in which a confusion had taken place that made Anderson thinks the prime suspect was died, is way heavy to my taste..

No way the Ripper was well identified and no one hear about it... keeping such thing a secret is too heavy to my taste...

He was a jew, saying that the one who wrote "jewes are the men that will not be blamed for nothing" was also a jew, is to heavy to my taste..

This whole story about Aaron Kosminski being the Ripper is realy salty...

But I admit it, better than Bury of course...

Rainbow°
    How is a harmless man a better suspect than Bury. A proven wife murderer?

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
      There was a doctor's report who ivestigated the murder of Ellen saying it was a suicide.

Rainbow°

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
        Location, location, location. Plus, contemporary policemen thought Kosminski a better suspect than Bury. These policemen knew more detailed information about the case than most of this board combined. This of course doesn't make them correct, but it means their suspicions should be taken seriously.

Comment

There was a doctor's report who ivestigated the murder of Ellen saying it was a suicide.

Rainbow°
          And this scenario was considered "highly improbable", hence why the jury returned the guilty verdict. So what's your point?

Comment

• The point is, Bury's guilt is not proven beyond a shadow of doubt.

I choose to believe the report that suggested it was a suicide.

Rainbow°

Comment

• Kosminski NOT the "best" suspect in Ripper murders.

The fact that he resided with his brother only a block away makes Kosminski the best suspect as the broad-shouldered man who threw Stride to the ground, and the man that witness Schwartz later refused to identify as the Ripper "because the suspect was also a Jew." There is no evidence directly connecting Kosminski with the murder of Stride, any more than there is linking him to the Mitre Square murder or any other Ripper killings, IMHO.

Dr. John
              "We reach. We grasp. And what is left at the end? A shadow."
              Sherlock Holmes, The Retired Colourman

Comment

The point is, Bury's guilt is not proven beyond a shadow of doubt.

I choose to believe the report that suggested it was a suicide.

Rainbow°
                If you really believe the suicide report then you are a total buffoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_c View Post
                  Location, location, location. Plus, contemporary policemen thought Kosminski a better suspect than Bury. These policemen knew more detailed information about the case than most of this board combined. This of course doesn't make them correct, but it means their suspicions should be taken seriously.
                  What a load of bullshit.

Comment

• Andersons suspect.

Anderson wrote that the police went around knocking on houses and questioning people. (see below) It would seem this was when his suspect first appeared because of the Stains? I can only think this may have been the Batty street laundry incident. That story could fit with Kosminski and one of his kin being a west end tailor.
                    Pat,....

Following found in the New York Times 1910 : The Truth at last about Jack the Ripper. London Police had him in their net but could not convict - Problems of the Criminal Insane.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Paddy; 02-12-2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• Anderson article

If this article is the one I'm thinking of, Anderson states that the Ripper suspect was ordered held in a mental institution for life, not by a Court order, but by a writ signed by the Home Secretary acting for the Crown. He doesn't identify the man, nor does he explain why the police were so certain he was guilty of the Ripper crimes, but it certainly sounds like he was describing Kosminski.

Comment

• Anderson article

After reviewing the 1910 article, I stand corrected. The suspect described by Anderson in the article could not be Kosminski. In the 1910 New York Times article, which is based on letters from Anderson to the London Times, he is quoted as stating that the suspect was committed to Broadmoor "5 or 6 years ago." We know that after Colney Hatch, Kosminski was transferred to Leavesden Asylum where he spent the remainder of his life. There is no evidence he spent any time at Broadmoor.

Dr. John

Comment

• Anderson's Kosminski is not necessary Aaron Kosminski, take that in consideration.

Maybe someone should search Broadmoor's records for another Kosminski.

Rainbow°
                          Last edited by Rainbow; 02-13-2017, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. John Watson View Post
                            The fact that he resided with his brother only a block away makes Kosminski the best suspect as the broad-shouldered man who threw Stride to the ground, and the man that witness Schwartz later refused to identify as the Ripper "because the suspect was also a Jew." There is no evidence directly connecting Kosminski with the murder of Stride, any more than there is linking him to the Mitre Square murder or any other Ripper killings, IMHO.

Dr. John
                            I doubt Koz was BS man because I doubt a jew would yell a racial slur at another jew. there is evidence connecting him to Mitre square in the form of eye witness testimony from Lawende and the possible positive ID.
                            "Is all that we see or seem
                            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Anderson's Kosminski is not necessary Aaron Kosminski, take that in consideration.

Maybe someone should search Broadmoor's records for another Kosminski.

Rainbow°

Im of the opinion Anderson was being deliberately misleading in his description of Kosminski. Anderson was ensuring his suspect could not be identified by the press. As long as Kosminski was safely under lock and key his exact whereabouts were of little importance in the greater scheme of things.

edit: I believe Martin Fido looked at the records at Broadmoor, or perhaps it was Colney Hatch?
                              Last edited by jason_c; 02-13-2017, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jason_c View Post
                                edit: I believe Martin Fido looked at the records at Broadmoor, or perhaps it was Colney Hatch?
                                The latter, IIRC.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Working...
                                X