A butcher or an assassin !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A butcher or an assassin !?

We have to accept that the man who murdered those poor women that way, at the middle of the streets at a very short time in the darkness, had to be either a butcher or a man who used to kill before, the man who butchered Nichols that way had certainly killed before.

A butcher, or the torso's killer.

Rainbow°

Originally posted by Rainbow View Post
    We have to accept that the man who murdered those poor women that way, at the middle of the streets at a very short time in the darkness, had to be either a butcher or a man who used to kill before, the man who butchered Nichols that way had certainly killed before.

A butcher, or the torso's killer.

Rainbow°
    Well Bury was at one point supposedly a cat meat butcher so for once you may be right.

Comment

Bury ?! Isn't that the man who strangulated his wife with a rope ?! and then he tried desperately to insert his knife a little bit in her abdomen ?!

You must be kidding.

Rainbow°

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow View Post
        Bury ?! Isn't that the man who strangulated his wife with a rope ?! and then he tried desperately to insert his knife a little bit in her abdomen ?!

You must be kidding.

Rainbow°
        Strangulation followed by post mortem mutilation sounds like the Ripper to me. There is evidence to suggest the Ripper used a ligature as well.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
          Well Bury was at one point supposedly a cat meat butcher so for once you may be right.
          John,

In Wolverhampton, apparently? I've done a bit of research into the Wolves knackers, do you know which of them he worked for?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
            John,

In Wolverhampton, apparently? I've done a bit of research into the Wolves knackers, do you know which of them he worked for?

Gary
            I'm not sure who it was for Gary. It sounds like you've done some really good research though.

Cheers John

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
              I'm not sure who it was for Gary. It sounds like you've done some really good research though.

Cheers John
              Lies, all lies! :-)

My family were horse slaughterers who started in Whitechapel and moved to Wolverhampton, so I'm intrigued by it all.

They were friends with a man named Nick Shippey who seems to have followed them from London to the W. Midlands. He then moved to Manchester and at one time was lodging with Henry Tomkins, the Nichols inquest witness.

The prominent Wolverhampton knackers at the time were a family called Leach/Leech, although there were others.

I'm always on the look-out for any info re the 19thC horse slaughterers, which is why I asked.

Gary

Comment

Working...
              X