No announcement yet.

The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In regards to Kate using the piece of apron as a sanitary napkin and then dropping it next to the graffito, do we have any clue if Kate would/could have passed by Goulston street once released from the drunk tank? I.e. Is there a reasonable guess as to the route Kate traveled to Mitre Square?

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

The apron piece was described as being wet no mention of wet with, blood PC Longs signed official inquest testimony

It was described as being spotted with blood and traces of fecal matter, all of the stains were on one side, all consistent with being between her legs, another description is that it was smeared on one side, again consistent with the aforementioned theory.

As to the blood spots a modern day consultant gynecologist states that due to her perhaps being malnourished when menstruating her body may have only produced spots of blood. In victorian days street women when menstruating wore pieces of rag as sanitary devices.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
      Hi Trevor

The quote I have seen from the inquest testimony, and checked the record on this site too, is:

[Coroner] Which did you notice first - the piece of apron or the writing on the wall?

[Long} The piece of apron, one corner of which was wet with blood.

This makes more sense to me, as otherwise why would the rag have drawn Long's attention. Are you suggesting this is not the right description?

Last edited by etenguy; 07-06-2019, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by APerno View Post
        In regards to Kate using the piece of apron as a sanitary napkin and then dropping it next to the graffito, do we have any clue if Kate would/could have passed by Goulston street once released from the drunk tank? I.e. Is there a reasonable guess as to the route Kate traveled to Mitre Square?
        I think all we know is that she turned left out of Bishopsgate police station and was seen (probably) 35 minutes later in Duke Street. She certainly had time to visit Goulston Street. But then, she had time to visit anywhere in a 3/4mile radius and still get to Mitre Square in time to be murdered.

My guess would be that she headed down Houndsditch to St Botolph's church to try and earn some doss money.
        ​​​​​​
        Last edited by Joshua Rogan; 07-06-2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

The large white blood stained handkerchief was in her possessions, not around her neck so it wasn't the remnants of an apron it was a handkerchief
          I'm talking about the item listed after "1 piece of red gauze silk".
          It is a "1 large White Handkerchief", blood stained.

If it was among her possessions why would it be blood stained?
          Next are listed two "pockets", then her possessions begin with "1 white cotton pocket handkerchief, red and white birds eye border".

I am sure they knew the difference between an apron piece and a handkerchief.
          I'm not. Due to the diagonal cut the piece remaining is pretty nonedescript in both size & shape, what else could he call it, a piece of scrap cloth? - that's a handkerchief.

This lists stand alone as prime evidence they were written at the time, it was produced by an Inspector who was present when the list was made, you cant get better evidence than that. You can huff and puff till the cows come home that evidence isnt going to change.
          If it was written at the time, why isn't it written on several small pocketbook pages?
          The standard issue for police taking notes in the field is their pocketbook, yet these notes have been transcribed on something close to Letter size. And, the whole list is very neat, but many items are underlined. If this was an original list of evidence no-one would be marking it up with lines here and there.
          So I'm saying it is a transcribed copy made back at the station, taken from an original list of possessions in Collards? pocketbook.

Or, handn't you really thought about why the list is so neat if it was done on the fly at Golden Lane mortuary?

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• That is not accurate- you need to use the original.
            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by APerno View Post
              In regards to Kate using the piece of apron as a sanitary napkin and then dropping it next to the graffito, do we have any clue if Kate would/could have passed by Goulston street once released from the drunk tank? I.e. Is there a reasonable guess as to the route Kate traveled to Mitre Square?
              Huh! Kate wrote the graffiti blaming Jews for her periods????
              I hadn't realized that was part of Trevor's theory..

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by etenguy View Post

Hi Trevor

The quote I have seen from the inquest testimony, and checked the record on this site too, is:

[Coroner] Which did you notice first - the piece of apron or the writing on the wall?

This makes more sense to me, as otherwise why would the rag have drawn Long's attention. Are you suggesting this is not the right description?
                Trevor knows what is written, he's just got his cherry picker out thats all.
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Why wasn't one of the "12 pieces of white rag some slightly blood-stained" Eddowes was carrying, taken away? Why go to the bother of cutting off a piece of Eddowes' apron, only to dump it in Goulston Street?

Probably because the 12 pieces of white rag were anonymous. Only the piece of apron could be traced back to Eddowes. As Doctor Brown told the inquest, "I fitted that portion which was spotted with blood to the remaining portion, which was still attached by the strings to the body."

The Star, 2nd October 1888, knew the answer—

“That he [dropped the bloodstained rag] in Goulston Street does not occasion any surprise. The police have never doubted that this midnight murderer lived in the midst of the community he has been terrorising.”

The piece of apron provided the police with a rationale for conducting an extensive house-to-house search amongst the Jews of the East End, details of which were included in Chief Inspector Swanson's 19th October report.

That's why the apron piece was planted in Goulston Street.
                  Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post

The piece of apron provided the police with a rationale for conducting an extensive house-to-house search amongst the Jews of the East End, details of which were included in Chief Inspector Swanson's 19th October report.

That's why the apron piece was planted in Goulston Street.
                    Hi Simon. So who do you think planted it?

What did the police gain from conducting a search amongst the Jews of the East End, in your opinion?

Comment

• Halse did the planting, Long made the discovery.

The police were interested in something or someone that was far more important than a Jewish Jack the Ripper.

However, Sir Robert Anderson would have us believe differently.

Comment

Halse did the planting, Long made the discovery.

The police were interested in something or someone that was far more important than a Jewish Jack the Ripper.

However, Sir Robert Anderson would have us believe differently.
                        When you say "the police" do you mean the City police, Met police, or both?

Comment

Halse did the planting, Long made the discovery.
                          Hi Simon. Thanks. How did Halse get the apron piece, do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post

When you say "the police" do you mean the City police, Met police, or both?
                            I would assume Simon is talking about a conspiracy at the Home Office.
                            Both the City police (Halse) and the Met. (Long) answered to the Home Office.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by etenguy View Post

Hi Trevor

There are several descriptions, it goes from being stained with blood, to being spotted with blood, to being smeared with blood

Pc Longs quote you refer to does not appear in his inquest evidence in chief, which was signed by him at court after he gave his evidence, any other quotes purportedly made thereafter may or may not be accurate. Dr Brown does not corroborate the fact that a corner was wet with blood.

Does it matter though spots, stains, smears?

Comment

• Hi Jon,

Jack the Ripper was the conspiracy.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Working...
                                X