Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
    Hi Natalie,

I believe Ellroy covers the case some in his non-fiction book about the unsolved murder of his mother, Geneva, entitled My Dark Places. Steve Hodel, in his book, claims that his father may have killed both Beth and Geneva as well as numerous other women. The only book I have on the case is Severed by John Gilmore. There must be some 10 books about the case by now plus half a dozen movies.
    again, thanks Stan.I will look out for this book,sounds interesting,Best Natalie

Comment

• This thread is fascinating I've got the Severed book too but I don't know how much of it to believe.
      It's very interesting all the connections between all these people.
      The only bit I can add is this

Christine Keeler is in this Bryan Ferry video from 1988

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Stan your Father actually knew Elizabeth Short?

Comment

• Hi Belinda,

No, he didn't know her but thought that he probably saw her and didn't know it because she worked at an exchange he frequented. Camp Cooke became Vandenberg Air Force Base after the war.
        Last edited by sdreid; 08-26-2008, 03:07 AM.
        This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Glad you enjoyed that, Natalie, here is part two, same document but carrying the reg. 67D:

'Blank advised that on the one occasion he did meet Christine Keeler that he found her to be a very charming, young lady, who appeared to have a good background.
          According to Blank Mandy Rice-Davies was only 18 years of age when he met her; however, she conversed like a woman of 30 years of age. He found her cultured, refined, and a pleasure to be with. It was his opinion that Mandy Rice-Davies could never have engaged in prostitution.
          Blank does not know and has never met John Profumo. He claimed that he never met any of the associates, friends, or acquaintances of Mandy Rice-Davies, of Christine Keeler, or of Dr Stephen Ward. He recalled that in November, 1962, Mandy had been going with a well-to-do Britisher who was a real estate man, and who died in November, 1962.
          Blank recalled that Mandy Rice-Davies told him that she had made a visit to the United States with a girl friend, name not indicated, in the early part of 1962, and that she and her girl friend stayed in New York City for about a week or ten days. Mandy indicated that she had tried to obtain a modeling job in New York and, being unable to do so, had returned to London.
          Blank has not had any contact with Mandy Rice-Davies since November, 1962, except for a cable which he received from her in January, 1963, in which she indicated that she was planning to come to the United States. He never answered the cablegram.
          In conclusion Blank stated that on the six instances that he was with Mandy Rice-Davies that they were always alone in restaurants, and that he never accompanied her to any parties and he does not know the name of any individuals, either in this country, or abroad, who are acquainted in any way with Mandy Rice-Davies, Christine Keeler, or John Profumo.'

Comment

• [QUOTE=Cap'n Jack;37321]Natalie, for your amusement I have tracked down the FBI interview with Fairbanks Junior. I have to transcribe it as the FBI do not take any prisoners when it comes to copying their files.

Hi, How on earth do you get hold of FBI files? I don't suppose you have access to Criminal records as well ( UK )?
            Vincent

Comment

• [QUOTE=vincent;37382]
              Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
              Natalie, for your amusement I have tracked down the FBI interview with Fairbanks Junior. I have to transcribe it as the FBI do not take any prisoners when it comes to copying their files.

Hi, How on earth do you get hold of FBI files? I don't suppose you have access to Criminal records as well ( UK )?
              Vincent
              I don't know how he does it...I spoke to someone who was surprised at the speed AP sifts through records, what search engine do you use Cap'in?

and I need some help tracing an Eliza White (Hutton 1891) could you help? I will post in full on kent thread.

Pirate

Comment

• It's all done with smoke and mirrors, folks.
                Truth is I 'ave a telescopic memory and me own macroscrote, and 'ave you seen the divil alooking with his slide all caked up?
                Of course the 'Freedom of Information' act does help.

Comment

• Smoke and mirrors eh? Well, I have a mirror and I smoke but I still can't get the info I want! Now, a time machine... don't suppose....

Comment

• Lay off the mirror Vincent, an expensive habbit

Comment

• What is interesting in the Fairbanks Junior interview is how he shoots himself in the foot, very nicely too, by denying that he was ever aware that Mandy was a prostitute, more than that, he is horrified at suggestions that such a cultured and refined young lady would have entertained men sexually for money.
                      But then he admits to seeing her in November 1962, six times, at the same time Mandy was 'going out' with a real estate man.
                      This is Peter Rachman.
                      Enter stage left, Michael X, Lucky Gordon, the 'Edge', Yeates and Dr Stephen Ward.
                      He fell for the honey trap; and I think his entire involvement with young prostitutes in the UK and USA does need further investigation.

Comment

• Well thanks again Ap for a very interesting sortie.Blanketty Blank seems to have been partying madly all over the place -and if he thought Randy Mice Davies was just a cultured young woman who liked to eat in expensive restaurants he must have been very wet behind the ears.Unlikely! Possibly he is worth further investigation.
                        Cheers Ap.

Comment

• Hammersmith nudes murders

Hi all. Just received the following from star of stage and screen Peter Karrie.-
                          Every Mother's Nightmare by Neil Milkins- Foreword. (To be included in reprint of the book)
                          There are books written that have the instant effect of having been picked up, one is then unable to put it down until they have been read through to the very last page. This is just such a book.
                          Having read this all-consuming account of 'Every Mother's Nightmare', I was immediately struck by the incredible amount of fact and photographic detail supplied by its author. The painstaking research that must have been employed by Neil Milkins serves us the reader well in this vivid picture of Abertillery life in 1921.
                          I found the tragic facts of this callous, murderous case greatly disturbing. For possibly the first time in my life I found myself believing that there can be no humane answer for somebody born with the evil ability to kill, instantly, for sadistic pleasure with no remorse. Equally the ability of the author to lead us down such a complex path to where we find the inevitable conclusion that Harold Jones was born a true Psychopath, was that of an exceptional crime writer.
                          Harold Jones was born cursed with an evil gene in his brain and probably died, still with that gene in attendance. What transpired in between those two dates can, presently, only be surmised. Which then begs the question... Were there other 'Incidents' attributable to Harold Jones? Where did he go, what did he do ...in those missing years, after his release from prison?
                          Many regards for a great read, Peter Karrie.

( The answer to Peter's question, will I believe be answered shortly when it will be proved that Jones was.... Jack The Stripper).

Take care Neil Milkins

Comment

• Hi Neil,

What efforts are being currently undertaken to prove that Jones was Stripper?

Stan Reid

Comment

• Hammersmith nudes murders

Stan, all I can say at the moment is that great strides have been taken since July 22nd 2008 to provide evidence that Jones was the killer. There are a lot of people now pretty sure that I am on the right trail. It would appear that Jones kept himself to himself in Fulham and Hammersmith. The Hounslow Chronicle, the London Informer and 5 London internet newspapers did quite a large story linking Jones to the Hammersmith murders. Help was sought from the public but although interest was shown, no-one seems to remember him or have any knowledge that he even lived in the Fulham or Hammersmith areas. I believe it will be down to Scotland Yard to seek info about Jones where I am unable to.

Regards Neil Milkins

Comment

• Thanks Neil, I'm looking forward to learning more.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X