Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Mary Kelly killed in daylight hours.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
    "Wood really seems to think that Quinn and Owen formed part of a Scotland Yard assassination squad, although he does not quite say this is so many words."
    Exactly!

Thus showing you got it wrong when you said:

"By the way, for the record I never suggested that Pigott was the victim of a Scotland Yard assassination squad.

That was a conclusion you leapt to all by yourself in one of your many diatribes."

The quote of mine that you have posted expressly states that you do not suggest that Quinn and Owen were part of an assassination squad. It states that you really seem to think it.

I am sure you really did think it, hence your reference to the "alleged suicide" and your comment that Quinn and Owen were in Spain at the time of the suicide.

You wanted to believe they were there at the time - you didn't check it - so that's what ended up in your book.

I assume you don't now believe they were part of an assassination squad because I have proved that they were both in London at the time of Pigott's death.

Are you now finally prepared to admit that you were wrong in your book in saying Pigott shot himself in the head "as two detectives from Scotland Yard arrived to arrest him"?

Comment

I simply swallowed everything they said.
      That's exactly what I thought Simon. Thanks for confirming.

Comment

• Hi David,

Personally I find this hard to believe, but someone just PM'd me, stating on good authority that you and Pierre are one and the same person.

Regards,

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Personally I find this hard to believe, but someone just PM'd me, stating on good authority that you and Pierre are one and the same person.
          Well if someone tells you that Simon, and it's something that you would like to believe, then I imagine you will happily believe it without requiring any verification.

Just like you swallowed that cobblers about Millers Court having the hallmarks of a Special Branch operation without any verification.

Comment

• Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
            Hi,
            It was recently mentioned, that we never really have had a thread, that was dedicated to this .
            So I have started one.
            I have always believed Mrs Maxwell , and to a point other witnesses, that claimed to have seen the woman Kelly that morning.
            How about you?
            Regards Richard.
            I agree Richard.

Comment

Hi,
              It was recently mentioned, that we never really have had a thread, that was dedicated to this .
              So I have started one.
              I have always believed Mrs Maxwell , and to a point other witnesses, that claimed to have seen the woman Kelly that morning.
              How about you?
              Regards Richard.
              i too think it unlikely that Maxwell and Lewis deliberately lied about seeing MJK. It is of course possible that they were mistaken. Given this did not happen with any other victim though, we perhaps should start with the premise that they are telling the truth. Especially as two independent witnesses say they saw her mid morning.

That would leave us with the options
              both were mistaken
              there was a similar looking woman who was mistaken for MJK
              the time of death was wrongly stated
              or It was not MJK who was murdered.

MJK was identified by her eyes and her ear by Barnett - which seems an odd form of identification, but McCarthy also identified her - not sure on what basis. It is possible it was they who were wrong.

Comment

• If we begin with the premise that Kelly was seen alive by Maxwell and Lewis,and that a woman other than Kelly was murdered in Kelly's room,there is still the question of when the victim was killed,and the heading appears to suggest the killing took place in daylight hours.

Comment

• Hi,
                  The most likely explanation is Maxwell was mistaken , and she got confused with that of Lizzie Albrook, who was a court resident, and worked in a Dorset street lodging house.
                  At the inquest , Maxwell states, she saw the dead woman in the lodging house,, which could suggest wrong identification.
                  Another more sinister theory, could develop from the letter police receive a week earlier, penned from Mrs Maxwell's address..a coincidence,?
                  Regards Richard.
                  Last edited by richardnunweek; 09-07-2017, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Hi,
                    The most likely explanation is Maxwell was mistaken , and she got confused with that of Lizzie Albrook, who was a court resident, and worked in a Dorset street lodging house.
                    At the inquest , Maxwell states, she saw the dead woman in the lodging house,, which could suggest wrong identification.
                    Another more sinister theory, could develop from the letter police receive a week earlier, penned from Mrs Maxwell's address..a coincidence,?
                    Regards Richard.
                    Hmmm... Even if Maxwell had made a mistake about which woman was dead, by the time of the inquest the identity of the victim had been established as MJK - and it was MJK that Maxwell was adamant she had seen. Not sure how she could be mistaken about the identity.

Comment

• Hi Karl.
                      Absolutely.
                      Mrs M, had plenty of time before the inquest to have realised her error, if indeed she had done.?
                      So either she saw Mary Kelly. in which case, T.O.D was out.?
                      Or she deliberately lied , for five minutes of fame, or to protect someone.?
                      Regards Richard.

Comment

• What are the sources for Mary's height, anyway? We know she was very tall for a woman, and the height given is even taller than that of the average male at the time. The autopsy report doesn't mention it, and it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the inquest at first glance either. If the hypothesis that the victim was not MJK is correct, then it would be highly unlikely that the corpse would be as tall as Mary - unless one supposes Mary (and Joe) actively searched for a lookalike and were indeed the actual murderers of this particular victim. But that crosses the border into conspiracy territory. So how tall was Mary Jane Kelly, and how do we know? And how tall was the body, and how do we know?

Comment

Hi Karl.
                          Absolutely.
                          Mrs M, had plenty of time before the inquest to have realised her error, if indeed she had done.?
                          So either she saw Mary Kelly. in which case, T.O.D was out.?
                          Or she deliberately lied , for five minutes of fame, or to protect someone.?
                          Regards Richard.
                          Or Maxwell didn't know Mary Kelly as well as she thought and the girl she saw was someone else. She hadn't "known" her very long anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by MysterySinger View Post
                            Or Maxwell didn't know Mary Kelly as well as she thought and the girl she saw was someone else. She hadn't "known" her very long anyway.
                            She knew her well enough to be on speaking terms with her, which suggests she ought to know her name. Alternatively, if she was one of those acquaintances we all have whose names we are supposed to know but their names just hasn't stuck (at least I hope I'm not the only one with such acquaintances), she would not have been adamant that it was Mary she saw - as she would then question her own limited knowledge. "I thought she was Mary Jane Kelly." I've had such experiences myself (with different names, mind), but then I had the good sense to simply take in the new knowledge in silence and keep my mouth shut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Karl View Post
                              She knew her well enough to be on speaking terms with her, which suggests she ought to know her name. Alternatively, if she was one of those acquaintances we all have whose names we are supposed to know but their names just hasn't stuck (at least I hope I'm not the only one with such acquaintances), she would not have been adamant that it was Mary she saw - as she would then question her own limited knowledge. "I thought she was Mary Jane Kelly." I've had such experiences myself (with different names, mind), but then I had the good sense to simply take in the new knowledge in silence and keep my mouth shut.
                              But you probably also know plenty of people who are adamant they are right, even when they're not.
                              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                                But you probably also know plenty of people who are adamant they are right, even when they're not.
                                No I do not!

Comment

Working...
                                X