• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once again,another matchbox. Have a good look at the drawing on the side
    Attached Files
    You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewart P Evans View Post
      Apropos of the photographs I thought I should make the following observations, having seen and examined the originals of the main surviving images, including one of the Kelly scene which has never been made public.
      Pertinent question would be why is there still to this day a photo which has not been made public?
      What's in that photo to shock us.... Or does it contain something us mere minions might construe as evidence
      You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Regarding the left hand/right hand issue of MJK3, I think there are arguments for and against both (but naturally it has to be one of the two). Naturally, if it is the left hand, then her head is on our left. If it is the right, her head is on our right. In the attached image, I have highlighted seven points of note. They are as follows:

1) Light blue outline: If this is the left hand, this would be the abductor digiti quinti within the fleshy part. If the right hand, the opponens pollicis. Personally I find the shape more consistent with the former.
        2) Yellow arrow: If this is the left hand, this would be the joint between the proximal and middle phalanges of the pinky. If the right, it would be the joint between the proximal and distal phalanges of the thumb. In this case, I think it looks more like the latter. The distal phalanx of the thumb could easily be tucked at an angle, but where is the rest of the pinky?
        3) Green arrow: The styloid process, but which one? If this is the left hand, it must be the radial styloid process. If the right, it will be the ulna styloid process. To me (using my own left and right hands for comparison), it does look more like the latter.
        4) Pink circle: Here should be the knuckle before the proximal phalanx of either the pinky or the thumb. On first glance it looks more like the latter, but there should be a skin fold between the thumb and the index finger right above it here, and there isn't. Which brings me to...
        5) White arrow: This is the bottom of the crease between two fingers, whether thumb/index or pinky/ring. To me it doesn't look like it extends quite far enough for either, but certainly more consistent with this being the left hand.
        6) Red circle: There is no fold of skin here, consistent with this being the right hand. A hand bent at the wrist at this angle will lead to the skin being folded on the outer side, which does indeed seem to be visible in the MJK1 photo. But here the skin is as smooth as it will only be on the thumb side.
        7) Green wavy line: this space between the fleshy part of the hand (#1) and the knuckle (#2) is more consistent with this being the left hand, as the space should be larger on the outer side than the inner.

Now, I have no medical education myself, but to me the case may be made for it being either the left or the right hand. My fiancé, however, is a medical doctor, and when asking for a second opinion, she agreed that the case could be made either way - but added that it is an odd angle for it to be the right hand. At first I disagreed, but on looking at it more closely I see her point. If this is the right hand it would not only be comfortably bent at the wrist, but also twisted slightly counter-clockwise (from the owner's perspective), which would be a bit odd.

All in all, I am calling this in favour of the left hand, but it is certainly understandable how someone could see the right. I thought it a right hand myself when I saw the picture for the first time.
        Attached Files

Comment

• I wanted to post this as I've just re-uploaded some images I did on the subject of MJK's left/right hand.
          This is the link and there are a few images that compare a right hand and left hand against the photo of MJK's hand in MJK1.

LINK

I'd like to do some more work on this subject to create some better comparison images and 3Ds.

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Regarding the left hand/right hand issue of MJK3, I think there are arguments for and against both (but naturally it has to be one of the two). Naturally, if it is the left hand, then her head is on our left. If it is the right, her head is on our right. In the attached image, I have highlighted seven points of note. They are as follows:

1) Light blue outline: If this is the left hand, this would be the abductor digiti quinti within the fleshy part. If the right hand, the opponens pollicis. Personally I find the shape more consistent with the former.
          2) Yellow arrow: If this is the left hand, this would be the joint between the proximal and middle phalanges of the pinky. If the right, it would be the joint between the proximal and distal phalanges of the thumb. In this case, I think it looks more like the latter. The distal phalanx of the thumb could easily be tucked at an angle, but where is the rest of the pinky?
          3) Green arrow: The styloid process, but which one? If this is the left hand, it must be the radial styloid process. If the right, it will be the ulna styloid process. To me (using my own left and right hands for comparison), it does look more like the latter.
          4) Pink circle: Here should be the knuckle before the proximal phalanx of either the pinky or the thumb. On first glance it looks more like the latter, but there should be a skin fold between the thumb and the index finger right above it here, and there isn't. Which brings me to...
          5) White arrow: This is the bottom of the crease between two fingers, whether thumb/index or pinky/ring. To me it doesn't look like it extends quite far enough for either, but certainly more consistent with this being the left hand.
          6) Red circle: There is no fold of skin here, consistent with this being the right hand. A hand bent at the wrist at this angle will lead to the skin being folded on the outer side, which does indeed seem to be visible in the MJK1 photo. But here the skin is as smooth as it will only be on the thumb side.
          7) Green wavy line: this space between the fleshy part of the hand (#1) and the knuckle (#2) is more consistent with this being the left hand, as the space should be larger on the outer side than the inner.

Now, I have no medical education myself, but to me the case may be made for it being either the left or the right hand. My fiancé, however, is a medical doctor, and when asking for a second opinion, she agreed that the case could be made either way - but added that it is an odd angle for it to be the right hand. At first I disagreed, but on looking at it more closely I see her point. If this is the right hand it would not only be comfortably bent at the wrist, but also twisted slightly counter-clockwise (from the owner's perspective), which would be a bit odd.

All in all, I am calling this in favour of the left hand, but it is certainly understandable how someone could see the right. I thought it a right hand myself when I saw the picture for the first time.
          JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
          JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
          ---------------------------------------------------
          JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website
          ---------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Speaking of MJK photos, is it likely that photos were taken after she had been stitched up post-autopsy?

Comment

Working...
            X