No announcement yet.

The Highgate Vampire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes..I think we have established that David Farrent is an Occultist..

I Not quite sure if this will come as a surprise to most posters on casebook.

But love the Pic's. Truely fab.

Pirate

Comment

"I don't see any reason to discount his evidence [sic]." Read on ...

Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
      I beleive that this this photo is a reconstruction by a TV company..taken after Farrents arrest..However I was aware that Farrent is an Ocultists..what ever that means. As I personally dont believe in such things..I dont see any reason to discount his evidence on those grounds...
      I have already stated that the photograph is taken from a television reconstruction (made with Farrant's collaboration) of what he was doing on the night of his arrest in August 1970. Farrant is a pseudo-occultist. Please note the difference. When you say "his evidence" ... what evidence? He has not provided a single witness who can actually be identified or who has given a corroborative interview. We are merely asked to take his word and that, I'm afraid, is just not good enough given his track record for compulisve lying.

“As to the question of whether a vampire still exists at Highgate Cemetery - well - I can only say yes it does.”

~ David Farrant, In Search of the Highgate Vampire video made by Dave Milner with Farrant's full collaboration (1998)

"Just to be factual, as far as this is possible; I do not - and never have - accepted the existence of 'vampires'."

~ David Farrant (Message #482 - 9 May 2007)
      James Randi Educational Foundation Forum

Join the International Skeptics Forum to discuss and promote critical thinking across the planet.

"I do NOT believe [in] vampires. I cannot say it more clearly than that."

~ David Farrant (Message #934)
      James Randi Educational Foundation Forum

Join the International Skeptics Forum to discuss and promote critical thinking across the planet.

A handwritten note sent by David Farrant to the investigating team in August 1970.
      "This place where we are now is really a battlefield between the powers of good and the forces of darkness." - Seán Manchester (speaking at Highgate Cemetery on BBC television's 24 Hours, 15 October 1970)

Comment

Originally posted by HighgateVampireArchivist View Post
        Some might feel your comment that Farrant "always comes across as an honest man" requires the balance I have provided which is sourced in fact, not mere opinion.
        Others might think that 'opinion' requires no other source, as unlike 'fact' 'opinion' - whether mere opinion or otherwise -is purely personal and subjective. And furthermore, 'opinion' remains something to which everyone is entitled.
        Last edited by Ravenstone; 08-18-2008, 08:29 PM. Reason: tiding up the quote marks
        Once is happenstance; twice is coincidence. The third time, it's enemy action.

Comment

Perhaps Ravenstone would care to expand on what he/she means by "genuine in his belief"? What belief exactly? This is what Farrant posted on the James Randi Educational Foundation Forum:
          No, I wouldn't. I think it's pretty obvious to anyone what I meant by what I said. I don't feel the need to explain myself to anyone.

Comment

Gosh this is a very young looking Farrent..Not the man I interveiwed..

Dabid Farrent gave me his story. All i have said is that the story he gave seemed credible based on the research I had done at the time into such phenomina..

Clearly he was not discribing a Vampire with fangs and a red cape who slept in a coffin..

So I'm not certain what type of vampire you beleive in but I am interested in the phenomina of Sleep Paralysis...the old Hag

Pirate

Comment

I'd recommend The Siren Call of Hungry Ghosts by Joe Fisher. That describes some very strange things indeed. Mediums drained, emotionally, physically, and spiritually, by the 'spirits' they channel.

As for Night Hag, it's not something I've ever experienced, and I hope I never do.

Comment

Highgate Vampire

Fisher's book is excellent. I would also refer the serious, in reference to incubi and succubi and other semiphysical beings, to Graham Hancock's book Supernatural.

The events we refer to now as Highgate Vampire, events from fortyish years ago, seem to have been the biggest things that happened in some lives. That they still cling so emotionally to picayune details of something that has obviously not mattered to anyone else is rather sad.

It would make a fascinating mature discussion but one doubts such a thing is possible here.

When you're dead you don't have to remember other people's birthdays, either.

--FraterLibre, risen from the grave
                totus exitus ut mysteria

Comment

I told you we would get n*****s re this subject!

I happen to be the son of Aleister Crowley and Sheffield Wednesday will win the Championship! The striker is "Do - what thou Want" he is the whole of the (Denis) Law replacement!

Highgate Vampire is a lot of crap and nonsense.

Regards,

Comment

Hi casebook

Just a quick note to comment that I intent to continue with my interest in the case and shall publish more of my research. Sadly much I seem to have lost.

However the direction was going towards my findings in 'Hypnopompic Hallucination' and Hypnogogia.

However some claims have been made about 'child abuse'. Needless to say that my experience on casebook, over a long time is that NO poster, I have encountered here, would be comfortable with any real proof that such, occurances had taken place..casebook is a place of freedom of speech, yes, but not approval of child abuse..

I think I can speek for the majority of casebook posters when I say, child abuse is a no go area...full stop.

We don't approve or make light of such alligations..

So if you intend to make them you better be sure of what you are saying..very sure..

Or casebook will come down on you like a collective ton of bricks.. and I believe for once I can state this without consulting my fellow posters..we speek as ONE.

Casebook has no room for discussion about child abuse..it is WRONG, TOTALLY NON EXCEPTABLE.

We would expect some sort of proof, preferably PM..before entertaining any such accusations..alligations..casebook posters can in no way entertain any sugestion of child abuse real , fantisised or anything else..

This is serious stuff and we take it very seriously

Be sure off what you say here with these regards..

I'm not, for once, joking

Yours Jeff Leahy

Comment

I think I speak for all of Casebook when I say, don't speak for us. No one accused anyone of child abuse until you brought it up, which is in essence going out of your way to accuse someone of child abuse by pretending to do the opposite. The "Highgate Vampire Archivist" said an associate of Farrants was convicted of sexual assault which is a statement that can be checked for accuracy by anyone interested. Saying someone has been convicted of something is not anywhere in the same category as a nebulous accusation without evidence. A conviction is matter of public record. If it is not factual, then that can be easily proven.

It is clear to me that both Farrant and Sean Manchester are both mental defects and are overly impressed by their own delusions of importance. Grown ups who play around with hoodoo and voodoo are to be mocked, ridiculed and used as a source of comedic entertainment. Much like this thread.

Let all Oz be agreed;
                      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenstone View Post
                        Others might think that 'opinion' requires no other source, as unlike 'fact' 'opinion' - whether mere opinion or otherwise -is purely personal and subjective. And furthermore, 'opinion' remains something to which everyone is entitled.
                        You are stating the obvious, save for the fact that what is recorded on public record by the subject himself carries rather more weight than someone expressing an opinion about him years later concerning a history they were not remotely involved in.

Where have I suggested that opinion is not something to which everyone is entitled? Don't put words into my mouth. Am I not also expressing my opinion here and now?
                        "This place where we are now is really a battlefield between the powers of good and the forces of darkness." - Seán Manchester (speaking at Highgate Cemetery on BBC television's 24 Hours, 15 October 1970)

Comment

Threats to police witnesses in a separate case where his black magic associate, John Russell Pope, was subsequently found guilty of indecent sexual assault on a young boy named Blackwell. Pope, on his current website “London Horror Tours,” describes himself as a “master of the black arts.” These black magic threats resulted in Farrant being found guilty of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

No Ally, I was going out of my way to suggest such alligations would be taken very seriously if they did come up...which they sometimes do when topics like Black Magic are discussed..

Please read the small print

Jeff

Comment

Black magic threats and sexual assault convictions

John Russell Pope, was subsequently found guilty of indecent sexual assault on a young boy named Blackwell. Pope, on his current website “London Horror Tours,” describes himself as a “master of the black arts.” These black magic threats resulted in Farrant being found guilty of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

I was going out of my way to suggest such alligations would be taken very seriously if they did come up...which they sometimes do when topics like Black Magic are discussed..

Eight paragraphs down, discussing Farrant being convicted of making black magic threats, you will find:

"In his final trial he was said to have sent clay effigies to Detective Constable Michael Westmore and Detective Constable David Reid to stop them giving evidence against a member of his coven, John Russell Pope, who faced a sex charge."

John Pope was subsequently convicted of indecent sexual assault on a minor, which any research into the archive for 1974 will confirm. It is not even denied by Pope himself.

Comment

Eight paragraphs down, discussing Farrant being convicted of making black magic threats, you will find:

"In his final trial he was said to have sent clay effigies to Detective Constable Michael Westmore and Detective Constable David Reid to stop them giving evidence against a member of his coven, John Russell Pope, who faced a sex charge."

John Pope was subsequently convicted of indecent sexual assault on a minor, which any research into the archive for 1974 will confirm. It is not even denied by Pope himself.
                              It hardly links David Farrent of any connection to child abuse, and I don't believe that people who believe in Black Magic per se have any such practices sa part of their religion..

I am however aware that mental trauma suggestion have been link to the phenomina of Hypnogogia and Hypnopompic hallucination.

Unless you have anything more tangable to add, then I have nothing more to add on the subject

Comment

Pope - not Farrant

It hardly links David Farrent of any connection to child abuse, and I don't believe that people who believe in Black Magic per se have any such practices sa part of their religion..
                                It has not been suggested by me or anyone else that it does link David Farrant to child abuse. It links John Russell Pope who at the time was the only known member of Farrant's "coven" and was often referred to in the media as Farrant's lieutenant. Guilt by association is not something I am trying to establish or even subscribe to myself. I merely archive the facts as they are recorded in the public annals.

Comment

Working...
                                X