Time after Time (TV Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time after Time (TV Series)

ABC are launching a TV series based on the 1979 film...due out in March 2017.

Trailer here...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSOdegKhRbw

Looks promising...the film is great fun and well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.
    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

I'm definitely looking forward to it! Loved the movie, and the little I've seen of the series is very stylish. Hope they end up chasing Jack thru different eras.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

The pilot episode is streaming on Hulu currently.
      I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

The first two episodes aired on ABC last night (Sunday, 3-5-17), but we're going to watch it later. We were finishing up "Victoria", which ran against it.
        ---------------
        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
        ---------------

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the series.
          I don't know how many episodes this will be but from experience with other films turned into TV I would hope a season at most. Past a season and the story gets so convoluted to the point of ridiculous that I stop watching them.
          I find the same usually goes for games and films with multiple sequels.

edit
          There are 3 pages of reviews and none of them good on the 1st page. Didn't read the other 2 pages. Strange that there's a 7.2 score at the top. Maybe the other 2 pages are good reviews.
          Last edited by Ozzy; 03-08-2017, 01:15 PM.
          These are not clues, Fred.
          It is not yarn leading us to the dark heart of this place.
          They are half-glimpsed imaginings, tangle of shadows.
          And you and I floundering at them in the ever vainer hope that we might corral them into meaning when we will not.
          We will not.

Comment

Well two episodes in and I'm still torn....I want so very much to like it....but....well, why must TV cast young well built men who seem to go topless more than Putin on every show....sure not a big deal but does anyone really think these toffs would have gym rat bodies???...and I love the strong independent female who judges men by how "cute" they are.....like she is in Jr. High school......and well the "today I'm an amateur" scene which is so chilling in the film...even after multiple viewings....seemed to be a filler throw away scene.....maybe the film wasn't that good and we were all just blinded by Mcdowell and Warner (can't blame us) and we see now...that with....well ...less talented actors it's just ok..

I'll give it a few more episodes and hope for the best....am also a little tired of the "does every American have guns" joke....and a I am a pro gun control guy (not ban...control, calm down folks)

Steadmund Brand
            "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

I got the first three sitting here but holding it off mainly due to the horrendous reviews. Apparently acting is good, plot if awful. Of course I prefer to make up my own mind but I think I'll leave this one till it's 'complete' and watch an episode an night in one go.
              You can't please everyone..... I think the new Lethal Weapon is great but it's got some horrible reviews also...

Comment

I got caught up on this series yesterday, and then watched the newest episode. I think Bowman is a tad too young for H.G. Wells, especially after he shaved his mousthace. The other dude playing the Ripper is handsome enough, but doesn't seem to have Warner's menace. Jane is all right. I'm not sure where they're going with the supposed descendant of Wells and her husband the Senator. And as for the mysterious red-haired woman who has tied down the Ripper in her basement-- well, that's a twist!

The Time Machine is great, very steam-punky, but if they keep needing to fix it as a plot device, in order to keep it out of service, that could get old very quickly. Also telling Herbert George that "you haven't written that book yet"... sigh. However, props to a televison show for even mentioning books!
                ---------------
                ---------------

Comment

ok I am three episodes in now... and I will admit... I am kinda sucked in.....Still haven't changed my views on anything I said before, but just curious where they want to take this...seems a bit.. convoluted to say the least

Steadmund Brand
                  "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Steadmund:

I've gotten sucked in, too, if only to see how these convoluted story lines resolve. It kind of has the appeal of a soap opera but with blood, violence, and time travel.

PS. I think Jane was badly miscast. Mary Steenburgen was so believable in the role, but he new Jane just irritates me.

Comment

After the latest episode, this show is starting to get good! The Time Machine has made a recovery and has visited different timelines, and now Wells is off after Jack to visit the Edwardian era-- all right!
                      The violence seen in the latest episode was also a bit shocking. But let's lose the exposition and soap-opera story-lines and get into more time travel.

Anyone notice their Jack is broad-shouldered, but definitely not short? Hmm...
                      ---------------
                      ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by DrummondStreet View Post
                        Steadmund:

I've gotten sucked in, too, if only to see how these convoluted story lines resolve. It kind of has the appeal of a soap opera but with blood, violence, and time travel.

PS. I think Jane was badly miscast. Mary Steenburgen was so believable in the role, but he new Jane just irritates me.
                        I agree 100% on Jane.. for a strong independent woman I knew the character was not written well after the 1st episode when she wanted to compare how "cute" the guys were... so professional" and she doesn't seem to depth....not sure I blame the actress more the writing

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Well, folks, ABC has cancelled "Time After Time" after five episodes, and is not showing the rest of the already-filmed eps. Apparently it was a dismal performer among younger adults.

Audiences just didn’t connect with a story that tried to make Jack the Ripper sympathetic and hot.

Break out the 1979 film and savor the original (and much better) version!

How many more JtR projects will fail between now and 2018, I wonder?
                          ---------------
                          ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                            Well, folks, ABC has cancelled "Time After Time" after five episodes, and is not showing the rest of the already-filmed eps. Apparently it was a dismal performer among younger adults.

Audiences just didn’t connect with a story that tried to make Jack the Ripper sympathetic and hot.

Break out the 1979 film and savor the original (and much better) version!

How many more JtR projects will fail between now and 2018, I wonder?
                            I agree, it was not a good show, I did watch, and would have continued (until the 1st season ended anyway... once invested this far into the story) but not surprised..... what does get me is how fast they pull the plug on shows now.. everything has to be instant....how many shows bombed in their 1st season, then caught on when the season was repeated waiting for the next....sometimes the audience has to find it, and will once their shows 1st run has ended....probably not in this case I will admit....but....

I wonder if anyone will show the other filmed episodes...Netflix or Hulu or Amazon... seems a waste not to try and sell them off

Steadmund Brand

Comment

how many shows bombed in their 1st season, then caught on when the season was repeated waiting for the next
                              I believe Only Fools and Horses was one such.
                              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
                              X