Forgive a silly question but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgive a silly question but...

...I've just taken a Ripper Walk and due to the location being a little out of the way we didn't visit Henriques St. I've just looked it up to see how far away it is from Mitre Square and it seems to me to be a little out of then way if the killer was, as many suppose, residing in deepest Whitechapel.

If the killer of Stride and Eddowes is the same man, would he still have blood on his hands when he was still talking to Eddowes as witnessed by Lawende? Or did he clean himself up and head back out into the streets?

I suppose what I'm asking is, is there grounds for suspecting that he lived somewhere between Berners St and Mitre Square and headed in that direction to avoid the police investigating Stride's death as well as the Lipski witness, and did he drop Eddowes' apron in Goulsten St - the other side of Whitechapel and Commercial Rd, to lay a false scent.

Just a thought.

Where did you read the man seen by Lawende had blood on his hands?
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Sorry, poorly explained.

That's my point. Lawende didn't and Eddowes would have been a little bit suspicious if he did so I'm guessing that, if the same man killed both, he would have tidied himself up somewhere.

Comment

I think it has been commented on before that anyone slicing Stride's throat is unlikely to have much, if any, blood on their hands.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

For what it's worth, the two murders were about 40 minutes apart and when I was there doing a solo Ripper walk I covered the distance in less than 15 at a brisk walk. IF he had blood on his hands there was plenty of time for him to clean them somewhere, perhaps even in a puddle. (Wasn't it raining for a bit earlier in the night?)

Comment

Hmm, maybe.

Anyway, just a thought.

Comment

I'm a strong believer that the only silly question is the one you don't ask and then make a silly assumption.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                I'm a strong believer that the only silly question is the one you don't ask and then make a silly assumption.
                But then we just laugh at the silliness from behind our monitors... computer screens...not the lizards.

Mike
                huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                  But then we just laugh at the silliness from behind our monitors... computer screens...not the lizards.

Mike
                  Shh I was being nice.

The ones I have little time for are the ones who do no research and then want you to try and fill in the blanks.
                  '
                  Or "I like the idea, how dare you say there is nothing to support it."
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I'm from Liverpool and have heard the odd 'oh, he was a Scouser' whenever the subject comes up. Always stated as it's an undeniable fact.

I'm not a researcher but I've always been interested in the double event as it puts the murderer in three locations on the same night.

That's if he killed Stride, obviously.

Comment

I....Was actually surprised how close together Berner/Mitre were when I walked it.....All those books saying how 'off-centre' Berner was.........

Comment

The tour I did missed out Berners as apparently it's a bit of a hike with a large group of people. In the interest of this board I'll head into the East End next week and time it for you all.

Comment

I'll be doing this on Sunday. I'll time Henriques St to Mitre Square to Goulsten St.

Comment

Hello again,

I won't share pics as I'm sure you've all done this walk before.

Henriques St to Mitre Square took me 12 minutes today. I also visited Durward St but was denied access due to roadwork along with Batty St.

Popped into the Happy Days chip shop and was shown the graffito area (or at least their idea of where it was).

Again, nothing like real research but I was surprised how close Durward St and Berners St would have been. The trip to Mitre Square also passed Gunthorpe Street, which made me think. I'm almost certain our man lived pith of Commercial Street.

Comment

'South'

Comment

Working...
                              X