Robert Vaughn has passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Vaughn has passed away

Some of you may well remember Vaughn's title character ("Napoleon Solo"), paired with the ever-calm David McCallum as "Illya Kuryakin") in the one-time TV global hit, "The Man from U.N.C.L.E."

Alas, I recall them all very well, and am very sad today. The show and the books were very important to me when I was young.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Terribly sad news indeed... I was always a fan of his... especially in his amazing film roles.... Bullitt, The Magnificent Seven, The Young Philadelphians, or when he was mocking himself in movies like BASEketball, or Pootie Tang...his so many TV appearances, including a very memorable episode of Thriller called " The Ordeal of Dr. Cordell " (scared the hell out of me as a kid!!!) ....

Rest in peace Mr. Vaughn!!

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

I hadn't heard.

Loosing so many greats lately.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

The Man from Uncle was a big part of my youth. More recently I really enjoyed him in the Hustle tv series.
        dustymiller
        aka drstrange

Comment

It's a shame. I liked him as Solo, and I seem to remember him in Washington Behind Closed Doors.

Comment

He was a good looking man, with a restrained manner in many of his roles - his role in "The Young Philadelphians" enabled him to tear down the scenery a bit as a recovering alcoholic who was suspected of killing his uncle, and that role won him his only "Oscar" nomination for best supporting actor. He played Woodrow Wilson on an old television mini-series, "Backstairs at the White House". Also he was either the villain or a suspect in two episodes of "Columbo".

One more connection to our younger selves is gone.

Jeff

Comment

The last of The Magnificent Seven has fallen.

R.I.P.

Phil
              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
              Accountability? ....

Comment

"One more connection to our younger selves is gone."

You really hit the nail on the head there. It is almost like a steady stream of people that we were once connected to in one way or another passing away.

c.d.

Comment

He found the Johnson brothers.

Comment

Obituary from NBC.com:

Vaughn died Friday morning after a brief battle with acute leukemia, according to his manager, Matthew Sullivan.

Some nice photos and quotes from Mr. Vaughn.
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

Working...
                    X