URGENT- Don Souden Has Had A Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gallstone Graffitto Club

Belinda, your t-shirt is awesome! Love the "Bilious Yellow" color.

Can you possibly send an X-Lg to Don? (via his brother's address)

I'd be happy to chip in for cost of shipping etc, as I'm sure others will. Please let us know. Don's sister said he could really use some more t-shirts.

Guess I'm not eligible for membership in the Gallstone Club myself yet, but I can live with that.

Thanks,
    Bunny

PS: Love your Anastasia shirt! Have studied Russian History, Literature, & the Romanovs since I was 13 and read 'Nicholas & Alexandra' from the first time. Have a big collection of books, including rare books written by émigré nobles and other eyewitnesses and of course Gleb Botkin's books. I agree with you.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
      Belinda, your t-shirt is awesome! Love the "Bilious Yellow" color.

Can you possibly send an X-Lg to Don? (via his brother's address)

I'd be happy to chip in for cost of shipping etc, as I'm sure others will. Please let us know. Don's sister said he could really use some more t-shirts.

Guess I'm not eligible for membership in the Gallstone Club myself yet, but I can live with that.

Thanks,
      Bunny

PS: Love your Anastasia shirt! Have studied Russian History, Literature, & the Romanovs since I was 13 and read 'Nicholas & Alexandra' from the first time. Have a big collection of books, including rare books written by émigré nobles and other eyewitnesses and of course Gleb Botkin's books. I agree with you.
      I'll be happy to Anybody who'd like contribute a couple of dollars I have a Paypal account PM me

I have both Gleb Botkins' books one is a signed copy of The Woman Who Rose Again!I started when I was 11 I've studied the history the culture the language I'll PM you

Comment

• Any update on Don?

Comment

• Has anybody heard from Bunny or Don?

Comment

• Originally posted by belinda View Post
            Has anybody heard from Bunny or Don?
            Hi Belinda,

I last heard about a month ago from Bunny. She's extremely busy with her business. She had no extra news about Don except to say that the doctors were pleased with his progress. So I think in this case 'No news is good news'!

I hope all is well with you.

Carol
            Last edited by Admin; 09-21-2014, 07:15 AM. Reason: Edited at posters request to remove personal information

Comment

• I think Don has a birthday next month.

Comment

• Hi Belinda, Carol & Robert. How are you guys? Sorry I've been out of touch. Life has been crazy.

I'm sorry Belinda, I've been so busy with work & health issues that I didn't see your post. Carol's answer is spot on.

I haven't spoken to Don in a few weeks. But he got a new phone, and I'm going to try to reach him this wkd.

Last time we spoke Don said he got the postcard of Seattle I sent him, and he announced that he wanted to add Washington State to his 'World Tour'.

Don said he'd like to go out for a nice Pacific NW Salmon dinner, his treat!

I suggested we go to the Space Needle restaurant. The Needle was created for the 1962 World's Fair and features a slowly revolving gourmet restaurant/observatory. It's really cool as it lets you see a 360 degree view of the Seattle. It moves very slowly. Don said that sounds perfect.

Health-wise, he had some troublesome leg pain again, and his doctors decided it could be another blood clot forming. They put him on Cumidin. (spelling?) It seems to have helped.

A few old friends have visited him, and he has gone outside more, which made his sister and myself very happy!

We are still trying to get his computer brought back to him... it's very frustrating. Hope it will happen soon.

Robert is correct, Don's birthday is October 21. It would be wonderful if his friends could send him cards and postcards. If anybody wants to send a gift please contact me and I'll give you an alternate address that is more secure.

Hope everybody is well. Very sorry, I've got to run, but I'll post again if I get to speak to Don or hear any news.

Take care,
                Bunny

Comment

• Glad to hear from you Maybe we could all donate a small amount and get Don the T Shirt for his birthday?

Comment

• Chipping In For Goulston St Graffito Shirt for Don's Birthday Oct 21

Originally posted by belinda View Post
                    Glad to hear from you Maybe we could all donate a small amount and get Don the T Shirt for his birthday?
                    Hi Belinda. I'd like to chip in. Can you please explain how we do it?

Do we pm you the amount we wish to contribute, then you send each of us a PayPal invoice for that amount?

I think we better do it soon, because his birthday is October 21. Shipping from Australia is VERY slow & shipping more rapidly is expensive.

Thanks,
                    Bunny
                    Last edited by Archaic; 09-24-2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

• Yes pm me for my Paypal details

Comment

• ** PLEASE SEND DON BIRTHDAY CARDS, OCT 21st **

Hi everybody. Talked to Don a few minutes, he's very interested in the shawl business and would like to hear from his friends.

It seems he hasn't been getting postcards lately. Could you please rectify that?

Add any kind of chatty info, places you've visited, books you've read, dishes you've cooked or eaten, research you're doing, he'll love it!

Everything outside the walls of his care facility is of interest to him, don't think it has to be anything stupendous to be worth mentioning in a card!

Don's birthday is October 21.

Please send your postcards & birthday cards to:

Fairview of Fairfield
                        930 Mill Hill Terrace
                        ATTN: Donald Souden
                        Southport, CT
                        O6890

Thanks so much everyone. Don really needs our support, he's in a lot of pain and still bedridden. It helps him cope to know his friends and Ripperology in general haven't forgotten him.

It doesn't matter if you've never formally "met" him; everyone in Ripperology has benefited from Don's long years of dedication and scholarship.

Thanks everyone,
                        Bunny

PS: We need more people to chip in to get Don 'The Gallstone Street Graffitto Club' t-shirt that Belinda made. Shipping from Australia to US isn't cheap. If you can spare even a couple of dollars please contact Belinda immediately; we need to get it in the mail asap. Thanks,
                        Archaic

IMPORTANT: IF ANYONE HAS A PAKG TO SEND DON PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR AN ALTERNATE ADDRESS. PARCELS TEND TO GO MISSING AT THE NURSING HOME. thanks again

Comment

• Don's Birthday Oct 21

BUMP for Don's friends to mail him postcards for his birthday October 21st!

Comment

• Don's Birthday is Tues Oct 21 - Get Cards In the Mail!!

BUMP!

Just a reminder, if you mail Don a postcard now he can still get it by Tuesday the 21st... at least US & Canadian Mail.

If you live farther away please send a card anyway, he will enjoy it just as much and be touched that you thought of him.

I got an update last night, Don's sister talked to him and said he sounded good. He is starting to be able to get himself out of bed alone (with the nurses standing by), so that's great news. Because he has shown some "progress" he's getting another round of Physical Therapy.

Unfortunately his new phone got wet, so has to be replaced or something. I offer to buy a military-grade water-resistant case for it that can also survive wind, rain and being dropped 4 feet on cement.

I have protective military-rated case like that I bought on eBay, and boy, am I glad! My smartphone just survived a big old lick from my goofy horse, right across the entire screen. I was horrified, & frantically dried the screen on my clothes, but it was fine. Hm... maybe I could rent her out to torture-test phone cases?

In other news, Don's sister said that Don is plotting a Pizza Party for his birthday.
                            Sure hope he pulls it off. That place needs some livening up.

Thanks everybody for sending Don postcards & birthday cards; his address is above about 2 posts.

Cheers,
                            Archaic
                            Last edited by Archaic; 10-16-2014, 09:04 PM.

Comment

• Don's Birthday Today & Messages From Him

Hi guys.

Just talked to on and he sounds great. Very clear and with it.

He's about to have a Birthday Pizza Party & he also requested birthday cupcakes to share with the staff.

He just said to me. ''I tried to give cupcakes to all the good-looking gals, but they're all diabetic." I laughed & suggested he give out cupcakes to everyone, and he said that's what he's going to do.

I sent Don homemade chocolate chip cookies by Priority Mail so they'd be nice & fresh, plus some cookies for his brother I also smuggled him a Trader Joe's milk chocolate bar inside his birthday card. It's thin so it won't be too much sugar, but is very good quality chocolate with intense flavor. (I think he has already stashed it.)

Don asked for news about "the so-called Eddowes shawl", so I told him about Casebook members pointing out the error in the mitochondrial dna results.
                              Don's very excited about it and sends his congratulations to everybody involved.

Don said he wants Chris Phillips to "write another article for him".

He also said he was thinking of asking Adam to "take him back", meaning at Ripperologist Magazine, "because I really enjoyed my time there." I promised to pass the word.

Don added that he's pleased that he's named in the A-Z as "Editor of Ripperologist", I think he said for 12 years, so I promised to tell Paul.

Don said he's looking forward to visiting Seattle and having a Pacific North West salmon dinner in the Space Needle's revolving restaurant.

He said he got my last postcard of the huge new Tacoma Narrows Bridge, which is the newest replacement of the famous "Galloping Gertie" suspension bridge that collapsed in high winds in 1940.
                              (Most of you will have seen the dramatic film clip; it's been featured in many documentaries and is on YouTube.) Don remembered the bridge's nickname & everything; I was impressed.

He suggested I post the bridge collapse clip for those who haven't seen it, so here it is... you can watch concrete and steel turn to jello: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XE5qU0c5qU

Then he had to go because it was time for the pizza!

Don asked me to send his love to everybody at Casebook and his thanks for all the birthday good wishes.

I'm so glad he's in good spirits on his birthday.

Best regards,
                              Bunny

Comment

• The T Shirt has arrived. Does anybody know Don's favourite colour so I can wrap it for him. I will include a card with everybodys names on it

Comment

Working...
                                X