Mad Men- Degrees of Separation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmmm

Hello Phil and Corey. Well, if ADHD students could become murderous, I doubt not but that my face might go ashen.

The best.
    LC

Comment

Kaminski

Hello Mike. Yes, Kaminski was quite a character. Quite violent.

I wonder if the poor devil had periods of lucidity? If not, he would need to work stealthily.

The best.
      LC

Comment

Confusion

Lynn,

ADHD isnt a mental disorder and usualy in most cases NEVER results in the patient in becoming murderous least likely at those middle ages. Lynn do you know of any good suspects that had a major change or tragidy in their life prior to the murder(and close to it too)??

yours truly
        Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

Rule

But overall I think we can rule out ADHD as a disorder the ripper would have.Do any of you agree?(or atleast agree to disargree?)
          Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

D/T

Hello Corey. Well, some would describe an event or two in Druitt's life as such. You might possibly try Roslyn D'Onston Stephenson.

I am very familiar with ADHD. I have had several of my students diagnosed with that.

The best.
            LC

Comment

Yes

I will look him up. I as you know am incrediably familiar with the disorder(probally because i was diagnosed with it) but off the topic,may I ask what grade/class you teach??
              Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

D & D

Hello Corey. I hope you have fun looking at the case of Druitt and D'Onston (Stephenson).

I teach ethics and logic--usually at the sophomore level--for a local university. I also teach humanities classes for a local community college.

I have some students who are diagnosed ADHD. Quite often, the main problem is just fidgeting and leaving the room and coming back. Since it is not a high school, I cannot censure those behaviours, nor are they a major problem. And I feel no particular danger.

The best.
                LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                  I teach ethics and logic--usually at the sophomore level--for a local university. I also teach humanities classes for a local community college.
                  Well, that answers why you and I seem to be on the same tracks at times Lynn......ethics and logic are "2 of my favourite things".......(the italicized part to be sung to the tune from Mary Poppins)

Although for me they are little more than concepts and aspirations.

All the best LC

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                    I teach ethics and logic
                    Hello Lynn,

Ditto Mike's words.

I believe in both logical positivism and positive logicalism.

best wishes

Phil
                    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                    Accountability? ....

Comment

thanks

Hello Mike. Bless your heart. You are altogether too kind!

Your ethical beliefs seem to pop through in your posts. I see no acrimony as in some quarters.

Keep reading those texts, much good in them.

The best.
                      LC

Comment

Logical Positivism

Hello Phil. Thanks. Likewise I'm sure.

Funny you should mention Logical Positivism. I believe the last big gun of that school was professor Gustav Bergmann. I learned ontology and epistemology from one of his disciples, Edwin Allaire. Another of Bergmann's students, Herb Hochberg, was on my dissertation committee. He was the ONLY chap to raise a red flag. He smiled at me and said, "I know this is nitpicking, but on page (whatever it was) you use the word 'expression' when clearly you mean 'sentence.'" I had conflated the syntax and the semantics. I promised to change it and I did. Of course, given I had written 395 pages, I was delighted to get off with so small a price to be paid.

Oops, there I go subverting another of Mike's threads. The question was about mental illness. I presume mine is obvious--philosophitis.

The best.
                        LC

Comment

info

Lynn,

Sorry for my absence, I was away for a short period.
                          I have found some things about those two.

1). Dr. Roslyn D'Onston- Described by INspector Roots, " An excessive drinker who always carried drugs to sober him and stave off delirium tremors'.
                          Possibally charged with assult in june of 87, and maybe indecent assult on 30th oct 88( the date of the double event).
                          In nov 88 he was a patient and shared a private ward in London hospital with Dr.Evens.

2). Montegue John Druitt-(1857-88)
                          Last seen alive: 3 dec 1888
                          Found by Henry Winslade on 31st december, 88.
                          Possibally bi-polar.
                          Was dismised from scholl on nov 30th 88.

also some cycological disorders that can be traced with schizophrenia include echoloalia.

yours truly
                          Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

D & D

Hello Corey. They are both quite interesting. Both have had a few books written on them. Personality wise, they seem to provide a good starting place for investigation.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

Yes

That they do, especially into the minds of these two individuals. I wish they had medical records on the suspects, that would help a great deal. Right now Im trying to find a good book on cycology(preferabally criminal cycology).

yours truly
                              Washington Irving:

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

writer

Hello Corey. If any one of the major suspects could have written any of the letters, in my mind, it was D'Onston.

The best.
                                LC

Comment

Working...
                                X