Heavily bloodied clothing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heavily bloodied clothing?

How heavily bloodied would have JTR been when he committed the murders-if so where did he clean his clothes? esp as i guess he would have needed to do it in some privacy?
    Or was there so much muck and squalor in Victorian London that such stained clothing would not have aroused any suspicion ?
    We're standing alone inside the night
    listen the wind is calling
    to the dangerzone beyond the light
    and suddenly we are falling
    But there ain't no stopping us now
    I don't know if I'll be back tonight
    It's just a machine inside of my head
    and now all the wheels are turning
    I'll think of the words we never said
    and deep in my heart it's burning
    But there is no stopping it now
    we're gonna make it somehow
    you wait tonight
    and we're waiting for the light
    Into the fire we will run
    into the sound of distant drums
    when you're walking alone in a dream
    on a highway to nowhere
    nowhere tonight

blood

Hello Octav. The coroners seem to have indicated that there was not a good deal of blood. Jack seems to have taken steps to avoid that. That's why the carotid opposite him was slit first--the forceful arterial blood would spurt away from him.

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Its high plausible he strangled his victims prior to cutting them. Chapman showed signs of strangulation, Strides fists were clinched, indicators of possible throttling.

If this was indeed the case, and they were strangled to death, the heart would stop and blood flow would result in 'oozing' rather than 'spurting'.

What I find interesting is the blood patterning reported (or rather not reported in some cases) at the scenes. We have the splattering reported upon the fence in Hanbury Street, which to me is the movement of the knife opposed to arterial spurt.

Not a confortable topic but interesting nevertheless.

Monty
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

I'll be repeating myself here because I always say the same things whenever this topic comes up, but I have some strrong feelings about it. I've always thought that the explanations of how Jack avoided blood spatter sound good in theory but might not be quite so perfect in actual practicality, especially once he started actually sticking his hands into the body cavities. I like to use an analogy- try changing a tire on your car wearing all white clothes. How clean would you still look when you were done? It is way too easy to forget and scratch an itch with your bloody hands, or touch yourself for whatever reason. Especially if you're in a hurry. Jack of course was not wearing white clothes, but dark ones, and that would have been what made it safe for him in making his retreat, as bloodstains on dark clothes in poor lighting would hardly show to passers by.

Comment

You are making it up as you go along!!

Comment

I would just like to point out that my remark above does not refer to Kensei's excellent post above but to a rather less lucid individual whose posts have been removed.

Comment

Working...
            X