Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You Could Have a Beer with Anyone in History Who Would It Be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Could Have a Beer with Anyone in History Who Would It Be?

I thought this might be an interesting idea for a thread. Of course you are free to choose anyone you wish but I would try to keep in mind the beer aspect of it. There are people in history that I admire but they might not be my first choice for a pub companion.

With that in mind, my choice would be Mark Twain.

c.d.

It would be Jon Smyth and Ben Holm. Maybe add David Orsam to round everything out.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
      I thought this might be an interesting idea for a thread. Of course you are free to choose anyone you wish but I would try to keep in mind the beer aspect of it. There are people in history that I admire but they might not be my first choice for a pub companion.

c.d.
      I 'm simply not a beer drinker, but would love a glass of wine with Mark Twain, Walt Whitman, c.d, and Caz.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

With all those quotes? I wouldn't want to be saying "Heard it!" all night

Two of my great passions are science and music, and I really like the idea of getting two people together from the same field, but of two widely different eras, just to see what would happen. From the world of music, I think I'd pick Mozart and Frank Zappa; from the world of science, Isaac Newton and Richard Feynman.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I would share a pot of tea with Oliver Hardy, and I would have Mozart playing pub piano.

Comment

You always end up missing someone out!

For me there's a few:

Arthur Conan Doyle - obviously I'm a massive Holmes fan
            Jeremy Brett - finest Holmes ever.
            Laurel & Hardy - sorry I'd be greedy and want both.
            Muhammad Ali - sporting hero.
            Donald Trump - because he'd be within punching range.
            Billy Connolly - genius.
            Churchill - not perfect but a remarkable man.
            My grandad - because I miss him.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Easy my best mate who we lost 39 years ago.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                Billy Connolly - genius.
                Billy Connolly is probably my favourite comedian, but he's the only one I know who literally makes my ribs ache with laughter. I wouldn't want to spend an evening in pain
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                  Billy Connolly is probably my favourite comedian, but he's the only one I know who literally makes my ribs ache with laughter. I wouldn't want to spend an evening in pain
                  That's a good point Sam. You'd probably spend the entire meal choking and spitting food everywhere!
                  I have to say that I also love Eric Morecambe. Have done since I was a kid.
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                    I 'm simply not a beer drinker, but would love a glass of wine with Mark Twain, Walt Whitman, c.d, and Caz.
                    Hello Pat,

Well I have to say that I am flattered. I am going to assume that you...uh...would be buying?

c.d.

Comment

Hello Pat,

Well I have to say that I am flattered. I am going to assume that you...uh...would be buying?

c.d.
                      Separate tickets, I think. I'm an independent woman. Or we could alternate buying rounds, though I think Twain would wiggle out of it, the old rascal.
                      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                      ---------------
                      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                      ---------------

Comment

Why certainly. And Wolfgang could play "In The Good Old Summertime."

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post

Why certainly. And Wolfgang could play "In The Good Old Summertime."
                          ...theme and 32 variations on it. Improvised, of course.

Come to think of it, In the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia would make a great subject for a set of piano variations.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

I was thinking that maybe we could call in Aaron too and have a concerto for three hands.

Comment

Alan Watts.

Comment

Working...
                              X