No announcement yet.

new info on the diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, this is my first post on the boards and I'm glad to be here.
    I'm wondering if there is any news of Keith Skinner's own research into the diary, and if it will be made public?
    Last I heard he said the diary unquestionably came from Battlecrease. Sounds promising but I can't remember where I read it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mibrac View Post
      Hi, this is my first post on the boards and I'm glad to be here.
      I'm wondering if there is any news of Keith Skinner's own research into the diary, and if it will be made public?
      Last I heard he said the diary unquestionably came from Battlecrease. Sounds promising but I can't remember where I read it though.
      Truth and diary of jack the ripper do not go together after all the lies we have been told over the years to be presented with the truth would make us think "here we go again" this will not do.
      Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
        ...on a positive note I have bumped into Mr Barrett a couple of times of the past few weeks I was quite pleased to see he is now sober but I honestly believe he will never tell the truth he did say he will make sure the truth comes out after his death.
        That's great news about Michael Barrett.

Since you know him and don't believe he wrote the diary, then you must agree that Michael's discovery of the Crashaw quote was not what they call sarcastically "a library miracle" but the result of good, honest, diligent research, which performs miracles. That's something we could use in the provenance search.

I wonder how long it took him to find the quote in the library. I'll bet it was hours, and not a 10-minute Google search that some people use to make up their minds... for the rest of time.

Comment

• Originally posted by MayBea View Post
          That's great news about Michael Barrett.

Since you know him and don't believe he wrote the diary, then you must agree that Michael's discovery of the Crashaw quote was not what they call sarcastically "a library miracle" but the result of good, honest, diligent research, which performs miracles. That's something we could use in the provenance search.

I wonder how long it took him to find the quote in the library. I'll bet it was hours, and not a 10-minute Google search that some people use to make up their minds... for the rest of time.
          I firmly believe that the diary at some time resided in battlecrease in what form I do not know and I think it was removed at the same time the electricians carried out work and it found its way to Mike Barrett soon after.
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

• Originally posted by James_J View Post
            If you are inclined to doubt Mrs. Graham, you must also consider the possibility that the electricians who were contracted to Battlecrease Mansion, may not be honest either.
            I think he's on to something.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjpalmer View Post

I think he's on to something.
              You got Chris Jones's book yet RJ?
              Author of 'Jack the Ripper: Threads' out now on Amazon > UK | USA | CA | AUS
              JayHartley.com

Comment

• Originally posted by erobitha View Post

You got Chris Jones's book yet RJ?
                Do you? What do you think of it?

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by jmenges View Post

Do you? What do you think of it?

JM
                  From what I understand, it is just being printed, so hard to make any judgements.

Just thought RJ might have been given an advance copy.
                  JayHartley.com

Comment

• I can’t speak for RJ but I’m on my second read through.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                      I can’t speak for RJ but I’m on my second read through.

JM
                      That good eh?
                      JayHartley.com

Comment

Working...
                      X