Warm & Fuzzy: Stray Dog Joins 430 mile Amazon Jungle Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warm & Fuzzy: Stray Dog Joins 430 mile Amazon Jungle Race

I'm so glad I read this story today! Thought i should share it.

Dogs are wonderful... and it's sure nice to have some good news for a change.

Done right, this story could become a terrific movie.

Cheers,
    Archaic

I can't imagine not having a dog.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      I can't imagine not having a dog.
      Hi GUT. Me neither.

I feel sorry for people who don't have a dog, so I try to share mine as a sort of public service.

Fortunately he's so big that 6-8 little kids can all pet him at once.

Archaic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
        Hi GUT. Me neither.

I feel sorry for people who don't have a dog, so I try to share mine as a sort of public service.

Fortunately he's so big that 6-8 little kids can all pet him at once.

Archaic

G'day

Archac

What is he.

I had a Dally that had an opperation on her ear and if you even touched ti, she'd get snappy, then this little kd about 18 months reached out of her pram and grabbed hold of t.

You can imagine I dove to get between the kid and the dog, the damn dog turned around and licked the littley, she just knew it was a kid, they are so smart.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi Gut.

Do you mean my dog? He's a 145 lb German Shepherd/Timber Wolf.

He's pretty and gets mobbed by people of all ages whenever we go anywhere. He's is so patient and gentle it's incredible.

A couple of days ago he gently kissed some baby rabbits, a week ago he kissed a darling newborn miniature goat so tiny it was being carried in a lady's arms and bottle-fed, and today he let two little boys ages 2 & 4 walk him on a leash, then did tricks for them.

Actually, it's time for me to bring the horses in and I promised the kids pony tricks too. My horses shake hands (hooves) just like my dog if you say "Shake" or "Give me five."

I'm glad your Dalmation knew it was a little child. I expect all my animals to be gentle and well-behaved around kids. Around everybody, other animals included, but especially around kids.

They get plenty of perks in exchange for being good. Which reminds me, I need to go find some carrots.

Take care,
          Bunny

Comment

G'day Archaic

Do you mean my dog? He's a 145 lb German Shepherd/Timber Wolf.
            I bet he's beautiful.

We were involved in breeding and showing dogs for years, indeed our daughter still is, we have had Dalmatians, Dobermans, and Chinese Cresteds some people used to absolutely freak when they would see one of our dobe's curled up on the bed with our daughter [then about 1] sound asleep.

The dal that licked the little girls hand would have died before she would hurt a kid.

We've also had cats, fish birds, rabbits guinea pigs pet sheep pony and calf, can't think of what else but we probably had it at some stage.

Oh almost forgot a magpie and a Kookaburra and my cousin had a pet Kangaroo, that slept in her bed.
            G U T

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
              G'day Archaic

Oh almost forgot a magpie and a Kookaburra and my cousin had a pet Kangaroo, that slept in her bed.
              Holy Toledo, a kangaroo that slept in a bed?? Was it a little baby one?

I picture the kangaroo turning on its side and using its powerful spring-loaded feet to push your cousin off the bed just for kicks.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                Holy Toledo, a kangaroo that slept in a bed?? Was it a little baby one?

I picture the kangaroo turning on its side and using its powerful spring-loaded feet to push your cousin off the bed just for kicks.
                It was a tiny Joey when she got it, but he was a big boy when he left home. I don't think she'd be allowed keep him nowadays, he was so gentle.
                G U T

Comment

Arthur Has Been Adopted & Is In Sweden With New Family

Arthur now has a family of his own, complete with a little girl to love and cuddle him. Yay!!

Good dogs finish first.

This is the moment an explorer who adopted a stray dog that befriended him during a race through the Ecuadorian jungle introduced his young daughter to the loyal animal.

Cheers,
                  Archaic

Comment

Thanks for that lovely story Bunny. It really cheered me up.

Comment

Hi Julie, I'm really glad it cheered you up.

It cheered me up too, which is why I posted it.

I wonder if the meatball the team member fed Arthur was a Swedish Meatball??
                      ( I'm trying to picture them eating Swedish Meatballs in the Amazon... What i visualize looks like a scene from The Simpsons.)

Maybe I'll try one on Buckwheat as an experiment. Except he already follows me everywhere.Guess I better find a fresh test subject, but my Menagerie is pretty darn full.

Cheers,
                      Archaic

PS: Glad to see you back posting

Comment

Working...
                      X