X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheers Debs

Comment

• Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      I found a news article some time ago that mentioned an east end boxer named George Hutchinson.
      Hi Pat, do you have a source for this? I've got an entry about this in my notes but not where it's from - possibly from you, if you've posted it before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
        Cheers Debs
        There's some more little tidbits I'd like to mention but I don't want to get told off for being off topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra A View Post
          There's some more little tidbits I'd like to mention but I don't want to get told off for being off topic.
          Hi Debs!!

please do. your never off topic. : )

Comment

• I don't know if this is off-topic, but I found a George Hutchinson.

On Thursday 30th August 1888, the day before Polly Nichols' murder, a book began weekly serialization in the Pall Mall Budget.

It ran for the next ten weeks, with the final installment appearing on Thursday 8th November 1888, the day before the Millers Court murder.

The book was "The Mystery of Cloomber" by Arthur Conan Doyle.

It was illustrated in part by George Hutchinson, who went on to illustrate some of the Sherlock Holmes stories.

Regards,

Simon
            Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Hi Simon.
              Wow, that is one coincidence , the dates are there, one of the main witnesses name is there.
              Trouble is,.. any significance ?
              Regards Richard.

Comment

• Hi Richard,

It may be something. It may be nothing.

But it sure provides a suitable name for Abberline's imaginary witness.

Regards,

Simon
                Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

I'm not sure that any researcher has ever linked a woman named Sarah Lewis to the actual address of 24 Great Pearl Street given by the witness Sarah Lewis in her police statements.
                  No researcher has linked a Gallagher/Keylor family to No.2 either.
                  Renters don't always leave a traceable record.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                    No researcher has linked a Gallagher/Keylor family to No.2 either.
                    Renters don't always leave a traceable record.
                    But I was just addressing your comment from your earlier post where you wrote-
                    "We also know from the research of Chris Scott, and her own statement that Sarah Lewis lived in Great Pearl Street. "
                    I thought this may give people the wrong impression, given that Chris did an ID of Sarah Lewis. He didn't link his Sarah Lewis to Great Pearl Street.

Comment

• There were Keylers living at 8 Diamond Court in 1871. This was a court leading off Great Pearl Street between numbers 22 and 24.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                        Hi Debs!!

please do. your never off topic. : )
                        On or off topic, I still seem to make people a bit cross!

Comment

But I was just addressing your comment from your earlier post where you wrote-
                          "We also know from the research of Chris Scott, and her own statement that Sarah Lewis lived in Great Pearl Street. "
                          I thought this may give people the wrong impression, given that Chris did an ID of Sarah Lewis. He didn't link his Sarah Lewis to Great Pearl Street.
                          Thanks Debs, I should have worded it different.
                          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

On or off topic, I still seem to make people a bit cross!
                            Anyone who would get cross with you has mental issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                              Morning Advertiser 13th Nov
                              "The court is being held in a small committee-room on the ground floor, a place altogether inadequate for so important an inquiry."

Echo 12th
                              "the Court was mainly occupied by the Jury and newspaper representatives.
                              Only a few of the public could be admitted, in consequence of the want of space, the larger hall in the building not being placed at the Coroners' disposal, for some reason not explained."

I can't find it now but I believe another report gives the reason that the rather spacious main hall was unavailable, which was that it was being refurbished, or repaired.
                              Thanks Joshua, yes I seem to recall a figure like 6 or 7 members of the public in attendance. It was a small number, regardless.
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Top find Simon - or should that be Toppy find?

Comment

Working...
                                X