Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post
    Jon thinks they're two different people
    I think , although I never used to , that they are one and the same .Kennedy her press name and Lewis the official one but I question the drastic alterations from one statement to the next
    We also know from the research of Chris Scott, and her own statement that Sarah Lewis lived in Great Pearl Street.
    While the Gallagher's(Keylors?) who lived at No.2 Millers Court told a reporter that their married daughter, a Mrs Kennedy, came home at a very early hour that Friday morning.

Same woman, how does that work?
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Can we please get back to Stephen Sensise, Hutchinson and Jewbaiter/False Flag? I see little or no relevance in the Lewis/Kennedy saga to this thread, and I'm pretty sure that Lewis/Kennedy have threads of their own.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Lewis & Kennedy are inextricably linked to Hutchinson's veracity.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Hi Sam,

The Lewis/Kennedy saga is a test of the Hutchinson story, and vice-versa.

Here's a piece of incidental intelligence.

In 1891, Nos. 24 and 24½ Great Pearl Street, Spitalfields E., Sarah Lewis's 1888 abode, became the address of the registered offices of the "Jewish Social Working Men's Club."

Regards,

Simon
          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
            Hi Sam,

The Lewis/Kennedy saga is a test of the Hutchinson story, and vice-versa.
            Certainly Lewis' evidence does, Simon. She's a witness whose existence isn't in any way controversial, and her evidence is close enough to the Kennedy story that I suggest we ignore the latter for the purpose of this discussion. Kennedy is little more than a distraction in this context.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Hi Sam,

Kennedy's story appeared in eleven newspapers.

If she saw MJK outside Ringers at 3.00 am, Hutchinson could not possibly place MJK in Room 13 with Mr. Astrakhan at 3.00 am.

Somebody's not telling the truth.

Regards,

Simon
              Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Simon

Getting embroiled in a ping-pong match about Kennedy/Lewis is an off-topic distraction from Stephen Senise's appearance on Rippercast to discuss his book and George Hutchinson, which is what this thread is about. If anyone wants to have an angels-on-a-pinhead debate about the existence of Mrs Kennedy that's fine, but please take it to a more appropriate thread.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Gareth, no-one is going to talk about Mr Senise's book, until someone starts to talk about it. If you want to talk about it, just start talking about it.
                  Don't wait for an invitation.
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                    Gareth, no-one is going to talk about Mr Senise's book, until someone starts to talk about it. If you want to talk about it, just start talking about it.
                    Don't wait for an invitation.
                    Ok. I’ll go first.

It’s great.

Comment

Hi Sam,

Kennedy's story appeared in eleven newspapers.

If she saw MJK outside Ringers at 3.00 am, Hutchinson could not possibly place MJK in Room 13 with Mr. Astrakhan at 3.00 am.

Regards,

Simon
                      Hi Simon.
                      Neither are

Comment

It's always a problem when a police statement does not agree with a press statement. There's no mention of "3:00" in his police statement.

Most of the Kennedy accounts state "about 3:00", not "at 3:00". Five past three is still 'about three o'clock'.

If we choose to be precise, at a time when no-one in this instance wore a watch, then we can easily call anyone a liar for the sake of five minutes either way. Is that what we are doing here?

If Kennedy was a pseudonym for Lewis, when talking to the press, then we are now branding Lewis a lair because the story told by Kennedy is different to that told by Lewis.
                        Lewis is a witness who has been regarded as reliable by most if not all researchers.
                        Women did use an alternate name, no problem with that. But, they do not change their story while using that different name.
                        In the Chapman case, Mrs Long told the same story as Mrs Durrell, the names were different, but the stories remained the same.

We can accept Kennedy being an alternate for Lewis, if the stories remained the same, but they don't.
                        And, given the two women had different home addresses, then we can dismiss the notion of the alternate name. We are dealing with two women, and both could easily have been telling the truth. And, in Lewis's case, her story helps to support the veracity of Hutchinson.
                        While Kennedy's story clears both Astrachan & Hutchinson from being the killer.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

We also know from the research of Chris Scott, and her own statement that Sarah Lewis lived in Great Pearl Street.
                          While the Gallagher's(Keylors?) who lived at No.2 Millers Court told a reporter that their married daughter, a Mrs Kennedy, came home at a very early hour that Friday morning.

Same woman, how does that work?
                          I'm not sure that any researcher has ever linked a woman named Sarah Lewis to the actual address of 24 Great Pearl Street given by the witness Sarah Lewis in her police statements.

Comment

Right in front of Abberline?

The inquest was held in what was basically the living room of a house, not a football stadium.
                            Morning Advertiser 13th Nov
                            "The court is being held in a small committee-room on the ground floor, a place altogether inadequate for so important an inquiry."

Echo 12th
                            "the Court was mainly occupied by the Jury and newspaper representatives.
                            Only a few of the public could be admitted, in consequence of the want of space, the larger hall in the building not being placed at the Coroners' disposal, for some reason not explained."

I can't find it now but I believe another report gives the reason that the rather spacious main hall was unavailable, which was that it was being refurbished, or repaired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Debra A View Post
                              I'm not sure that any researcher has ever linked a woman named Sarah Lewis to the actual address of 24 Great Pearl Street given by the witness Sarah Lewis in her police statements.
                              What about no. 34, as some reports have it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                                What about no. 34, as some reports have it?

Or 34 from what I can gather. Unless I've missed it. I think there's a Sarah Lewis at another number altogether on Great Pearl Street in 1881 and mentioned before on Casebook by Sally and others.
                                The woman that Chris Scott identified as the witness, Sarah Lewis , based on the family's handed down story, was never actually documented as living at Great Pearl Street. I just wanted to clarify as Jon mentioned Chris's research as showing Sarah Lewis at Great Pearl Street.
                                Last edited by Debra A; 06-07-2018, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X