Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why disguise the fact that JtR was educated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on how much intensive training they've had. And I believe one analyst believed the Dear Boss letter had been copied/written from an original. This would fit if he had first written the the letter, checked it as carefully as he could, and then written the final version.

Swedes are, I believe, quite advanced in dealing with dyslexia. My daughter had to undergo a whole day of tests at a hospital by a specially trained speech therapist who concluded that she had compensated very well for a quite big problem, as I believe many of the brightest dyslextics do. If he had been forced to learn to spell fairly well by repeated beatings (as was the custom then), he would probably be fairly confident writing letters.

Best wishes
    C4

Comment

^ It has been noticed that the King of Sweden, Carl Gustav, who is about 70 and is a dyslexic, (undiagnosed for much of his life, poor man) does apparently still repeat mistakes when he is writing speeches and in signing his signature, often writing Gustav without the 'a'.

Prince Harry, who reputedly has dyslexia (it's never been publicly confirmed and it's been said that he wasn't diagnosed with it until the age of 17) still sometimes signs notes Hary instead of Harry. The same thing then recurs over in these two men's writings. Through no fault of their own they just don't recognise they're doing it. Surely if Jack was dyslexic the same errors would occur in the same words over again not just in random words?

Comment

Random

My point us that the mistakes made were not random, but typical for a dyslectic. I am somewhat handicapped at the moment by not having my copy of Sigrid Madison's book (loaned to an ex-friend's husband who has disappeared into the wilds of Finland with it. To my mind, book-stealing should be punished in the same way horse-stealers were punished in the old Wild West).

However, if I can ask you to take the time to read my original post, easily found if you type JTR dyslectic in the search box, you will perhaps understand more fully what I mean.

Interesting that so many of the royal families are affected. Princess Victoria, Sweden is also affected it seems.

Best wishes
        C4

Comment

Originally posted by curious4 View Post
          My point us that the mistakes made were not random, but typical for a dyslectic. I am somewhat handicapped at the moment by not having my copy of Sigrid Madison's book (loaned to an ex-friend's husband who has disappeared into the wilds of Finland with it. To my mind, book-stealing should be punished in the same way horse-stealers were punished in the old Wild West).

However, if I can ask you to take the time to read my original post, easily found if you type JTR dyslectic in the search box, you will perhaps understand more fully what I mean.

Interesting that so many of the royal families are affected. Princess Victoria, Sweden is also affected it seems.

Best wishes
          C4
          Hangings to good for book takers.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Strongly suspect Jack the ripper was an Aspie.

Also born left handed.

A friend was Dyslexic as a child.

His father was a medical doctor who had a hobby in electronics.
            Especially radio and other communication equipment.
            The F111 aircraft that Australia purchased in the 1970s carried gear of his design.

True story which should be check able these days.

His name is similar to Capone.(Hi Dave,in case you read this).

Antibiotics were the answer.

Math was not our Jack's strong point.
            He had difficulty with inclusive dates.
            A lot of us did as children.

Spent many,many days reading posts on Wrong Planet.
            My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Originally posted by DJA View Post
              Strongly suspect Jack the ripper was an Aspie.

Also born left handed.

A friend was Dyslexic as a child.

His father was a medical doctor who had a hobby in electronics.
              Especially radio and other communication equipment.
              The F111 aircraft that Australia purchased in the 1970s carried gear of his design.

True story which should be check able these days.

His name is similar to Capone.(Hi Dave,in case you read this).

Antibiotics were the answer.

Math was not our Jack's strong point.
              He had difficulty with inclusive dates.
              A lot of us did as children.

Spent many,many days reading posts on Wrong Planet.
              Your making a lot of assumptions DJA which is never a good thing, what evidence have you based your assumptions on? Even your assumptions are poor. Considering most people with Aspergers Syndrome tend to be good at maths what makes you think Jack would have Aspergers Syndrome and maths not be a strong point?

Cheers John

Comment

To Curious 4

Considering it is widely believed that none of the letters purportedly by Jack were actually written by him why are you using certain letters to suggest Jack was dyslexic and also well educated?

Cheers John

Comment

Indeed GUT shame they abolished drawing and quartering!

Comment

Hello John,

Yes, exactly, "widely believed" not proved. The police certainly took them seriously at the time, it was only afterwards that the journalist idea was put forward. I don't agree with it, the murders were horrific enough in themselves, no need for hype.

Best wishes
                    C4

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
                      Your making a lot of assumptions DJA which is never a good thing, what evidence have you based your assumptions on? Even your assumptions are poor. Considering most people with Aspergers Syndrome tend to be good at maths what makes you think Jack would have Aspergers Syndrome and maths not be a strong point?

Cheers John
                      "Strongly suspect" based on reading his published Medical Papers and Medical Journals' Obituaries.

Most people with Aspergers tend to be good at maths?

Tell that to the people on "Wrong Planet".
                      Some members get a laugh from arrogant fools.
                      Most of them will just find you offensive though.

This guy has a problem with maths to the degree that most people have his year of birth wrong.

Comment

Hello DJA

I don't agree that Jack had Aspbergers. He would have needed top social skills to persuade any woman to go to a lonely spot with him, particularly in the prevailing climate of fear and those with Aspbergers aren't known for this. I have been told I have leanings in this direction myself and have innocently been rubbing people up the wrong way unintentionally all my life. (I am now guided by my daughter but still believe in my heart of hearts that people just don't get the joke).

As to dyslexia, I think you are falling into the trap that many people do and associating it with low intelligence. This is as wrong and old-fashioned as believing that epilepsi is a mental illness. In Ingrid Madison's exellent book "Hoppande Bokstäver" (roughly translated, Jumping Letters), which is, to my mind the best book ever written on dyslexia, she interviews, among others, a doctor and an author who coped with dyslexia and managed to have successful careers. It is just that the more intelligent sufferers are able to overcome it more easily. All testify to suffering agonies at school with teachers who had no idea about this and who called them lazy and stupid. If I am right, this may have shaped his character. To me the letters are almost gloating: "you called me stupid but look how much cleverer I am than all of you".

You will have to read my original post to see what I am talking about regarding certain mistakes indicating dyslexia (at least until I can get a new copy of the book). Don't somehow think antibiotics would help - but spell check certainly does!

Best wishes
                        C4

Comment

To DJA

I think you'll find most people with Aspergers Syndrome are good at maths my experience would suggest this. Many people with Aspergers Syndrome have a fascination with numbers. A fascination with numbers is used in some preliminary tests to suggest a person may be on the Autistic Spectrum. I think you'll find that by suggesting Jack had Aspergers Syndrome with no evidence that you are in fact an arrogant fool.

Comment

Hello DJA

I don't agree that Jack had Aspbergers. He would have needed top social skills to persuade any woman to go to a lonely spot with him, particularly in the prevailing climate of fear and those with Aspbergers aren't known for this. I have been told I have leanings in this direction myself and have innocently been rubbing people up the wrong way unintentionally all my life. (I am now guided by my daughter but still believe in my heart of hearts that people just don't get the joke).

As to dyslexia, I think you are falling into the trap that many people do and associating it with low intelligence. This is as wrong and old-fashioned as believing that epilepsi is a mental illness. In Ingrid Madison's exellent book "Hoppande Bokstäver" (roughly translated, Jumping Letters), which is, to my mind the best book ever written on dyslexia, she interviews, among others, a doctor and an author who coped with dyslexia and managed to have successful careers. It is just that the more intelligent sufferers are able to overcome it more easily. All testify to suffering agonies at school with teachers who had no idea about this and who called them lazy and stupid. If I am right, this may have shaped his character. To me the letters are almost gloating: "you called me stupid but look how much cleverer I am than all of you".

You will have to read my original post to see what I am talking about regarding certain mistakes indicating dyslexia (at least until I can get a new copy of the book). Don't somehow think antibiotics would help - but spell check certainly does!

Best wishes
                            C4
                            Your spelling is somewhat challenged.

Did get Dyslexia correct this time around.

Prolly even know,unlike John Wheat,that a wether is a castrated goat or sheep.

Where did I suggest Dyslexics are of low intelligence?

My friend Dave C is an exceptionally smart man like his late father.
                            Runs his own consultancy.

I have been a guest teacher at one of Australia's top schools.
                            One topic of discussion between classes was coping with the world while having an IQ in the top half percentile

I'm chronically ill,so it's been easier the past 32,almost 33 years
                            You will notice when my spelling/typos and syntax are out.

Crikey,I need an interpreter not a screenwriter

Incidentally,are you aware that some Schizophrenics respond favorably to a pesticide?
                            Infers that some have Toxoplasma gondi.

Incidentally,I have worked with Professors of Psychology.
                            One,Jim Drysdale,was also a Criminologist who went to London at Scotland Yards request for his help.

Comment

Hello DJA

No offence to your friend intended, in fact I was trying to say that he must have been bright.

My spelling does waver between Swedish and English after almost fifty years here. Could you point out where I have failed? Although it was never considered good form to point out typos etc on these boards.

You are not alone in going from a top job to chronic illness. The trick is not to let it make you bitter.

Best wishes
                              C4

P.S. Don't bother - it was dyslextics, wasn't it? Typo, I assure you, x and c being close on my phone.
                              Last edited by curious4; 08-26-2015, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Hello DJA

My spelling does waver between Swedish and English after almost fifty years here. Could you point out where I have failed?

Best wishes
                                C4

P.S. Don't bother - it was dyslextics, wasn't it? Typo, I assure you.
                                Dislexia Rules....KO!

Thought I was pointing out similarities.

You seem to prefer to look for differences.

Viva the differences

Comment

Working...
                                X