X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infirmary records?

Cause of Ailment - Indigetion..

Comment

I'm afraid I have been out of the Dr Who loop for some time. Have the Ice Warriors got rid of their sinus trouble yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        A third eye? Bit of a downer if you're a Silurian optician.

I remember Pertwee holding out his hand and saying "Hallo. Are you a Silurian?" But the sea devils....what can one say? Talk about fashion victims!
        Poor chaps were green around the gills that day.
        There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

I still think the best monsters were the daleks. You never quite knew what was inside the pepperpot, and you never knew when that ray gun would go off. It's true that every time they killed a couple of people, the dead bodies blocked the way and the daleks had to turn round and go back round by the long route - but you can't have everything.

Comment

But the sea devils....what can one say? Talk about fashion victims!
            They started out wearing prehistoric string vests, didn't they?

And in one of the Peter Davison serials they were accompanied by something that looked suspiciously like a reptilian pantomime horse:
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Myrka.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	662320

Comment

Well it's my theory that the string vest incarnation was Rab C Nesbitt, but that later he was literally pushed to the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                ...Jack the Ripper was eaten by a Silurian in 1888.
                Thank God that's settled.

Okay, what does everybody wanna do now?

Comment

Well, if we could trace the hungry Silurian, maybe he could tell us who the Ripper was.

Back to the 1891 census.

Comment

Well, if we could trace the hungry Silurian, maybe he could tell us who the Ripper was.

Back to the 1891 census.
                    Sorry, I should have said. It was a female Silurian who ate the doctor. All this time you've probably been specifying "Sex: M."

In fact, the Silurian is believed to have been a lesbian, but I understand there was no column for that in the 1891 census because Queen Victoria refused to believe in its existence.

Comment

In fact, the Silurian is believed to have been a lesbian, but I understand there was no column for that in the 1891 census because Queen Victoria refused to believe in its existence.
                      I believe that this was popularly known in the 19th century as "tipping the snakeskin."

Comment

Canada is one week behind the UK in seeing the Dr Who episodes. If I understand this thread correctly, the next one involves the Doctor, JtR, and lesbian alien reptiles. Sounds like a perfect evening. Roll on June 11, I say.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                          Canada is one week behind the UK in seeing the Dr Who episodes. If I understand this thread correctly, the next one involves the Doctor, JtR, and lesbian alien reptiles. Sounds like a perfect evening. Roll on June 11, I say.
                          Unfortunately the JTR part is over very quickly, which is why we're so stuck for clues. The lesbian Silurian does have quite a large part, though.

Comment

I think it should be a gay Silurian - that would make sense of the "pantomime horse" pic.

On the other hand, a lesbian Silurian eating a woman-killer makes psychological sense. Perhaps the Tardis could nip forward 100 years and find the same lesbian Silurian protesting about the Ripper centenary. Indeed, perhaps Evans, Begg, Fido et al could make brief guest appearances before meeting horrible and munchy deaths.

Comment

They started out wearing prehistoric string vests, didn't they?

And in one of the Peter Davison serials they were accompanied by something that looked suspiciously like a reptilian pantomime horse:
                              [ATTACH]12056[/ATTACH]
                              Ah, the infamous Myrka... funny you should say, apparently the guys inside were the same that occupied Dobbin the Horse in Rentaghost!

Comment

Did the Silurian eat him before or after he ejaculated into Dr Who's scarf?
                                dustymiller
                                aka drstrange

Comment

Working...
                                X