Swanson: The Life and Times of a Victorian Detective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swanson: The Life and Times of a Victorian Detective

Can anyone tell me if Adam Wood's book "Swanson: The Life and Times of a Victorian Detective" has been published yet.

Amazon lists the book as published on 31st December 2015, and is currently out of print.

Can I really have missed it, or has publication been put back?

It hasn't been released yet but I don't think we have too much longer to wait.

There's a Facebook page for the book to catch updates: https://www.facebook.com/donaldsutherlandswanson/home

JM

Comment

I'm sure Adam shall be along to confirm but I believe he is just finishing off the final few bits n bobs re the text.

It's on it's way.

Monty
      Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Should I buy new, or wait for second-hand and hope for something in the margin?

Comment

Monty and Jmenges, thanks for this.

I look forward to reading it.

Comment

Within the next couple of days Rippercast will be releasing Adam Wood's talk and accompanying slide show on Swanson from last Saturday's August meeting of The Whitechapel Society 1888, so keep your eyes open for that. It was an excellent presentation.

JM

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll keep an eye out for it.

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks very much for the interest in my forthcoming book on Swanson.

Although I'm close to finishing it, publication is delayed because the Swanson family - who have been incredibly supportive throughout the research and writing process - have found another batch of documents, letters and photographs and I've been sifting through these and incorporating the new information.

Hopefully not too much longer to wait!

Best wishes
                Adam

Comment

Does anyone have an estimated date of publication for Adam's forthcoming book on Donald Swanson?

Comment

Nope.
                    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Yes. Now. He had copies for sale over the weekend and more are coming from the printer soon, I believe. A terrific book, very detailed. I won't mention the foreword, but I just have...

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                        Yes. Now. He had copies for sale over the weekend and more are coming from the printer soon, I believe. A terrific book, very detailed. I won't mention the foreword, but I just have...
                        Thanks Paul, I've ordered mine from Waterstones, I'll need to chase them up on it.

Really looking forward to it...........and the foreword!

Comment

Ordered mine awhile back and it cost me deep in the purse, hopefully it will be arriving in the Antipodes soon.
                          dustymiller
                          aka drstrange

Comment

Originally posted by AdamNeilWood View Post
                            Thanks very much for the interest in my forthcoming book on Swanson.

Although I'm close to finishing it, publication is delayed because the Swanson family - who have been incredibly supportive throughout the research and writing process - have found another batch of documents, letters and photographs and I've been sifting through these and incorporating the new information.

Hopefully not too much longer to wait!

Best wishes
                            Adam
                            Actual new stuff? That sounds like a treat.
                            Michael Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

Actual new stuff? That sounds like a treat.
                              Yes, new stuff. But it's a very small book... Roughly 75 pages.

Sorry, my mistake. 750 pages. Police biographies are going to struggle to match the detail Adam has managed to get into those pages.

Comment

Working...
                              X