No announcement yet.

The Ripper's Haunts- An interview with author Michael Hawley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope it will be... Can't say the play owes that much to history... but we are use to that aren't we all....I'll give more details about it at a later date.....scary when people are "excited" to meet (in their words) an actual Ripperologist!! hahaha usually we just get looked at like freaks

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
      I hope it will be... Can't say the play owes that much to history... but we are use to that aren't we all....I'll give more details about it at a later date.....scary when people are "excited" to meet (in their words) an actual Ripperologist!! hahaha usually we just get looked at like freaks

Steadmund Brand
      I get looked at as a freak before I even mention dear old Jacky boy.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I am planning a trip to the grave site of Tumblety soon... actually, going to the Grave of Louise Brooks.. but same cemetery....will be my first trip there, odd, since I live so close...only 1 hour away....I am not sure exactly when, but I will take some pictures and post them when I do

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Where's the evidence to suggest that Tumblety was JTR? Because I can't find any.

Comment

To me, the evidence is that Scotland Yard thought him guilty of something (something serious enough to want to follow him to the states)....that doesn't mean he was the Ripper....but that they thought him guilty of something.....And I think that is the point Mike makes in his book, brilliantly I may add, in fact, we have had many discussions on the topic, where I am in the camp that does NOT think Tumblety was Jack....but I do know think at least some in Scotland Yard did think so....If you haven't read the book John Wheat, I think you should, it is a great read, as most have attested to, many people, who disagree with Mike, have called it the best suspect book in years.

Steadmund Brand

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
              To me, the evidence is that Scotland Yard thought him guilty of something (something serious enough to want to follow him to the states)....that doesn't mean he was the Ripper....but that they thought him guilty of something.....And I think that is the point Mike makes in his book, brilliantly I may add, in fact, we have had many discussions on the topic, where I am in the camp that does NOT think Tumblety was Jack....but I do know think at least some in Scotland Yard did think so....If you haven't read the book John Wheat, I think you should, it is a great read, as most have attested to, many people, who disagree with Mike, have called it the best suspect book in years.

Steadmund Brand
              Yep, I don't think he was Jack, (may have been) but the police sure took an interest in him, and not a nice bloke either way, and a great book.
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Considering how closely Tumblety was looked at at the time surely if he was JTR he would have at the very least been charged with some or all the C5.

Comment

Working...
                X