No announcement yet.

Chris Scott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is very sad. Chris Scott was the ultimate Ripperologist. His research was far ranging and impeccable. You could trust all his discoveries knowing that he had complete integrity and detailed knowledge.

It would be a fitting tribute to him to have a Chris Scott thread, listing all his great discoveries in one place, referenced to where they could be found.

Miss Marple

Comment

Very sad to hear this news. A great contributor who will be sadly missed.

Comment

When I heard the other day that Chris Scott has passed away, I was so shocked and saddened that words utterly failed me.

Everything I want to say about Chris seems so inadequate to the magnitude of his loss.

He has left us all a remarkable legacy of scholarship and friendship.

I will always remember Chris for his inspirational devotion to the little human details that make the study of History so fascinating, and his unstinting generosity to the pool of shared knowledge.

I thanked him many times over the years, but can't help wishing I had thanked him more.

Now Chris finally knows 'the real Mary Kelly'... It's a knowledge he richly deserves.

Rest in peace, Chris.
        Bunny

Comment

Bunny, Don will have to know. Will you tell him?

Comment

Hi Robert.

Yes, I've been thinking about the fact that Don should know about Chris.

I will tell him the next time I'm able to speak to him. Haven't been able to get through lately, but as soon as I do I'll let him know.

Best regards,
            Archaic

Comment

For those of you who wish to send a card to Chris' family and do not have an address, please private message either myself or Admin and we will give it to you.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS FAMILY ADDRESS PUBLIC

If you would like to send flowers for the memorial service being held on April 8, please send them to the Margate Crematorium on Manston Road (google the address).

Thanks

JM

Comment

Hi,
                I have been away from Casebook for some time now, as I am now an irregular poster, however, I have just became aware of the tragic death of Chris Scott, and it has saddened me, I have been on Casebook since before the millennium,and Chris seems to always been there, at first a prolific poster, then a great researcher, and a really nice man .
                I would like to send my sincere condolences to his family, and I am so sorry this post is so late in arriving.
                Very best Wishes.
                Richard.

Comment

For those sending flowers : flowers should reach funeral directors by 10 AM Tuesday.

Funeral directors :

Twyman and Holmes
                  42 King St
                  Ramsgate
                  Kent
                  CT11 8NT

Comment

I didn't know Chris other than here and some PM's does anyone know how old he was. I thought from our discussions that we were a similar age which would only make it sadder.
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Flowers

Robert, thanks for the information about where to send flowers.

Chris Scott was the rare person that, at least for me, makes you want to send a tribute even if you only "spoke" to him a few times electronically.

As someone who has lost family recently, after the funerals it was sometimes overwhelming to deal with lots of gifts and flower arrangements from lots of different people (thank you cards, etc.)

That being said, I plan to send flowers. If anyone would like to combine their gift with mine, just send me a message.

Comment

Hi Soon and GUT

I knew him on the boards for 11 years. He was the first person who answered a question of mine, just after I joined.

Ally has found the link to Chris's one man play :

Comment

Only just heard the news re Chris.

Very sad.

Never met him but do feel, as others have said, that I knew him through his contributions here and wider.

God bless.
                          If I have seen further it is because I am standing on the shoulders of giants.

Comment

As time slowly slips away we must adjust to the idea that some very valued contributors here, .. and very valued people in their private lives by family and friends, will be lost. Im very sorry to hear about Chris, sincere condolences to his friends and family.
                            Michael Richards

Comment

So sad to read this news. RIP Chris.

Comment

I have been really hit by this sad news about dear Chris Scott ,a really great researcher, one of the very best , who was always willing to help me with my research and who I have had many a long telephone chat with .Chris was also a gifted writer bringing drama ,mystery and suspense to his writings. RIP Chris you will be remembered with great affection.
                                Sincere condolences to his family.

Comment

Working...
                                X