Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

Hi Abby,

He would have had to have dropped it accidentally though which would have been, shall we say, a bit careless?
    he was fiddling with getting his key out?
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

Yes, I have suggested that the dolt dropped it on his way into the building.
      Perhaps, after having a quick clean up before he entered his lodgings. His mind would be racing, he`d have a knife and possibly body parts to think about as he jogged up the stairs
      possibly while getting his key out of his pocket?

jon-you think the writer was jewish no? wouldn't the ripper living there bolster your claim?
      Last edited by Abby Normal; 06-25-2019, 01:09 PM.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post

In which case, he didn't write the graffito?
        either or. why isn't this possibility discussed more. he did it accidently and didn't right the graffiti or he did on purpose and wrote the grafitti. if the latter this would bolster the claims of those who think it was written by a jew as the building was predominantly jewish.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post

possibly while getting his key out of his pocket?

jon-you think the writer was jewish no? wouldn't the ripper living there bolster your claim?
          It`s the possibility I favour.
          But, even as deranged as our boy was, I can`t see him writing on his own doorway.
          It would be interesting if there was a list of the residents, but I have asked and I don`t think anything exists

I`m sure Scott Nelson believes the GSG was written by a Jewish boy who lived in the building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

It`s the possibility I favour.
            But, even as deranged as our boy was, I can`t see him writing on his own doorway.
            It would be interesting if there was a list of the residents, but I have asked and I don`t think anything exists

I`m sure Scott Nelson believes the GSG was written by a Jewish boy who lived in the building.
            From (a sometimes illusive and frail) memory, I think I have seen such a list of residents, Jon. I´ll see if I can find it. Or my memory.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

From (a sometimes illusive and frail) memory, I think I have seen such a list of residents, Jon. I´ll see if I can find it. Or my memory.
              Oooh yes, thanks Christer. Nice one.

Comment

• If Jack really was pissed with the Jews that night (or in general) you would have thought the graffito would've been more expletive. Implying that the Jews don't take responsibility for their actions is fairly tame, considering.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post

Hi Fisherman, I believe when you do find that, if you do...I recall seeing one as well, you will find a brother of a visible member of the Berner St Mens Club on it. that's one reason why I believe that location was chosen.
                  Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

Hi Fisherman, I believe when you do find that, if you do...I recall seeing one as well, you will find a brother of a visible member of the Berner St Mens Club on it. that's one reason why I believe that location was chosen.
                    Berner Street is for a different thread.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                      Berner Street is for a different thread.
                      Technically Sam the post concerned the GSG and who lived at that address, the fact it cross referenced Berner Street is just a by product. It might explain the location choice. If you want something strictly specific to the thread, then the unknown killer referred to as Jack the Ripper likely wrote the message, if he is the man that killed Kate...because the killer of Kate left the cloth there, and there is no evidence that the message preceded the arrival of the cloth.
                      Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post

there is no evidence that the message preceded the arrival of the cloth.
                        There is no evidence to the contrary, either.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                          If Jack really was pissed with the Jews that night (or in general) you would have thought the graffito would've been more expletive. Implying that the Jews don't take responsibility for their actions is fairly tame, considering.
                          hi Harry
                          yes Ive seen this kind of post before. but why would anyone write graffiti so "tame" and or ambiguous in any case? If its not connected to the ripper then you would think it would be the more like- Levy is a crook, don't buy meat from Cohen, Jews are pigs-that sort of thing, no?

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

hi Harry
                            yes Ive seen this kind of post before. but why would anyone write graffiti so "tame" and or ambiguous in any case? If its not connected to the ripper then you would think it would be the more like- Levy is a crook, don't buy meat from Cohen, Jews are pigs-that sort of thing, no?
                            Interesting point.

Comment

If its not connected to the ripper then you would think it would be the more like- Levy is a crook, don't buy meat from Cohen, Jews are pigs-that sort of thing, no?
                              "Jews won't take the blame for anything" is on a par with "Jews do whatever they like", "Jews get away with [metaphorical] murder", or "You just can't win with the Jews". It strikes me as a fairly standard kind of grumble/grudge aimed at a disliked ethnic group.
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

"Jews won't take the blame for anything" is on a par with "Jews do whatever they like", "Jews get away with [metaphorical] murder", or "You just can't win with the Jews". It strikes me as a fairly standard kind of grumble/grudge aimed at a disliked ethnic group.
                                I don't know, Sam - it is very polite for a 'hate' message. I would expect something more visceral. I don't remember seeing such polite graffitti in the east end, especially when insulting an ethnic group.

Comment

Working...
                                X