Did Jack the Ripper write the GSG? Poll
    YES
    38.54%
    NO
    61.46%
    Best regards,
    Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Goddamn you for not making a 'maybe' option, but after a bit of consideration, I voted yes.

I don't think Jack was Jewish, against Jewish people or was motivated in that way, but (assuming the PC who stumbled upon it didn't just miss it being there the first time round) it's a major coincidence that it then turns up at the same point as Eddowes' apron, shortly after Jack (assuming the man Lawende saw was the Ripper with Eddowes) had been witnessed by three Jews and apparently murdered another prostitute outside a Jewish club an hour or so before (I can't remember exact timing).

It's more likely than not his handiwork but I'm not totally convinced.

Comment

I think he may or may not have written it. If he didnt, then you have to wonder if it was coincidence that he left part of Eddowe's apron in front of it. Perhaps as he was fleeing back to Whitechapel he saw it, and since it mentioned Jews, and since there was a climate of antisemitism at the time, he left the apron in front of it to cast further suspicion on them. If he wrote it himself, he probably had the same intention, unless of course he was Kosminski.
      Just like Jack the Ripper
      Just like Mojo Hand
      Just like Billy Sunday
      In a shotgun ragtime band

- Robert Hunter

Comment

Testimony from various witnesses indicates that the apron may not have been found infront of the writing.

Monty
        Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

i voted no

i used to think yes, but have changed my mind since joining here.

I don't believe Jack left a single clue to who he was. I don't think he was playing any mind games or anything. He was just doing his thing, murder and mutilation, and then disappearing from whence he came (wherever that was).
          babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

A likely no from me
            This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

I would like to think yes,but deep down it's a no..

Comment

Originally posted by Mascara & Paranoia View Post
                1. I don't think Jack was Jewish, against Jewish people or was motivated in that way, but (assuming the PC who stumbled upon it didn't just miss it being there the first time round) 2. it's a major coincidence that it then turns up at the same point as Eddowes' apron, shortly after Jack 3. (assuming the man Lawende saw was the Ripper with Eddowes) had been witnessed by three Jews 4. and apparently murdered another prostitute outside a Jewish club an hour or so before (I can't remember exact timing).

It's more likely than not his handiwork but I'm not totally convinced.
                Hi M & P,

I agree with a lot you said,.....Point 1, the only evidence that Jack was Jewish are police remarks, and Point 2, a very suggestive co-incidence considering the use of "Blame" and "Jews" in the message, ...Point 3, if the time was right given by Lawende, and we know he did identify Kate's clothing, its almost inconceivable that the man she is with isnt her killer if only based on the time before she is found murdered and mutilated, and on Point 4, it was approx 44 minutes from the time Diemshutz finds Liz to the time Watkins finds Kate....the distance between the sites is about a 10 minute walk,....makes you wonder what he did for the other 20-25 minutes.

And what Kate was doing during that time.

All the best.

Comment

I think no, he didn't write it, but it was his just the same.

Mike
                  huh?

Comment

No, don't think so. Makes good theater though.
                    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

I voted no, on the basis that the killer did not take advantage of doing the same in Millers Court, when he seemingly had ample time to write on walls, and had a surplus of body parts to take with him to post to all and sundry. In fact, if he had nothing to do with the Lusk kidney and the GSG, he wasn`t even inspired by the headlines that followed the double event.

Comment

I think he did. Maybe that's my naivety talking, but I tend to see connections, rather than coincidences. I think JTR writing the graffito is the simplest connection here. Jane x

Comment

I think it unlikely and voted NO, The graffiti always over shadows the important evidence in my mind..

i.e. the piece of apron, the direction of the killer and why he felt safe pausing there....probably heading down Wentworth St and then back across the Whitechapel Rd.

Pirate

Comment

Originally posted by Jane Welland View Post
                            I think he did. Maybe that's my naivety talking, but I tend to see connections, rather than coincidences. I think JTR writing the graffito is the simplest connection here.

Jane x
                            I think it is a simple answer too Jane. I think I can also see literal meaning that relates to The International Mens Club and the murder there.

I dont think the apron was there until almost 3am....and thats really why I see contrived vs coincidence.

Cheers Jane.

Comment

Blimmey Michael thats confusing..

are you saying 'whoever wrote the Graffiti' killed Stride and Eddowes?

Which your last post would seem to imply

Pirate

Comment

Working...
                              X