Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing myself

Hi all

I've been following Casebook irregularly (with yearlong intervals) since about 2000, when I got my hands on a used copy of Sugden's work.

I've since lost the book, it seems, but the interest in the case has stayed.

I'm working in a Danish archive, so I like to read up on Danish aspects of the case - reportings in the Danish press, or persons with a relation to Denmark.
    For instance the Danish farmhand in the Carrie Brown-murder - I naturally hope to identify him eventually!

Now I just need my kids to grow up and I'll have more time to spend on that endeavour

Hi Kattrup,
    I hope you enjoy reading and posting here and can track down some more Danish elements in the Whitechapel murders and elsewhere. I'm afraid I don't know much about the murder of Carrie, alias 'Old Shakespeare', beyond the basics. It's odd isn't it that the farmer didn't report his farmhand's bloodstained shirt and key at the time of the Brown murder? Waiting a decade before saying anything is a bit too long, IMO!

Comment

Hi Kattrup

Welcome to the boards.

Cheers John

Comment

Welcome to the friendliest boards on earth Kattrup.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi Kattrup and welcome.

Given your location, you'll probably be interested in Charles Le Grand aka Christian Neilson. Debra Arif has done a lot of work on him.

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes.

Re: Carrie Brown and the ten-year wait, another interessino (to me) Danish aspect is the fact that the evidence and pressure for reexamining the case was brought forward in part by Jacob Riis, danishborn muckraker and social journalist extraordinaire. A semirecent biography of Riis ("The other Half") unfortunately does not include the case.

Re: le Grande, yes, he's very interesting, as I understand it his real name is still uncertain as are his whereabouts after supposed deportation 1917.
            Would be interesting to find out more!

Comment

Working...
            X