No announcement yet.

Slowly whittled away..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wednesday used to be a cricket team...much as the 11 we sent over to The Antipodes for the world cup..used to be

Comment

Originally posted by PC2267 View Post
      After weeks of planning I finally visited Whitechapel only to discover that Durwood Street is a building site... I fear that Nichols's murder location will be harder to locate in the future. Mitre Square isn't a square anymore... but you can still see where Eddowes met her end, but only just. I knew all the other locations are long gone. But I did find Swallow Gardens , you can't actually get to it mind (like a little time capsule in there I imagine). I think I'm right in saying that Mitre Square will be only place still in existence that you can actually stand on... Interestingly there's no plaque or anything. Thought they'd have marked it somehow for the tourists.......?
      G,day PC ,

I would say the west side of Hanbury st is one of the last standing witnesses to that Autumn .. If them old bricks opposite 29 could talk eh we also have ye old board school & wall which still leads us down to Polly's site , along with the Ten Bells , Mary's corner and surrounding streets not to forget the Glorious Christchurch and all her majesty . Goulston street and the mysterious GSG can still be summoned up in the memory , particularly on a rainy night .

moonbegger

Comment

Originally posted by andy1867 View Post
        Wednesday used to be a cricket team...much as the 11 we sent over to The Antipodes for the world cup..used to be
        Yep the bloke who introduced me to them played cricket for SW a looooong time back probably in 30s and 40s.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          Yep the bloke who introduced me to them played cricket for SW a looooong time back probably in 30s and 40s.
          It would have had to have been a little earlier than the 30's or 40's GUT

Comment

It would have had to have been a little earlier than the 30's or 40's GUT
            It may have been, I know he was with the cricket club in it's last season [think it hard parted from the football club by then].
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
              It may have been, I know he was with the cricket club in it's last season [think it hard parted from the football club by then].
              Passing strange his low opinion of his football club then GUT
              League champions twice in a row..F.A cup and Charity shield winners..and among the top clubs in the country for most of the time...He must have been concentrating on the cricket eh

Comment

Passing strange his low opinion of his football club then GUT
                League champions twice in a row..F.A cup and Charity shield winners..and among the top clubs in the country for most of the time...He must have been concentrating on the cricket eh
                He followed them till the day he died, even after relegation.
                G U T

Comment

R.I.P fellow Owl....
                  He must have followed them more than once after relegation GUT..Its become a bit of a pastime for Owls fans

Comment

Good news, it would seem, although these corporate monsters rarely take no for an answer.

Comment

Talking of monsters :

Artist, who has spoken of importance of Spitalfields’ heritage, draws fierce criticism over plan for five-floor Sir David Chipperfield-designed home

Comment

The set design on 'From Hell' is pretty breathtaking and though the film isn't much cop, the first generation DVD is worth a punt for the directors, the Hughes brothers, DVD extra touring the (not exactly topographically accurate but aesthetically as near as dammit) sets designed by David Baxa.

Comment

Working...
                        X