Most convincing, then forgotten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most convincing, then forgotten

Do you remember having read something (article, book, essay...) about a suspect that you found definitely convincing ?
    Before being disappointed, after a while...

Hi David

I suppose I found the Farson book in 1973 convincing. In those days of course there was no internet, and if there were magazines then I didn't know of them. The next I heard of JTR was Knight's book, and that seemed to me interesting but I could see flaws.

Comment

Hi Robert.
      I haven't read Farson but have always felt something...(I lack words)...about Druitt. Let's say I know he's not Ripper, but I wish he was.

I remember having been very impressed by the Sun articles on Cutbush. I then started reading AP...enjoyed it...but it was the beginning of the end (of my initial enthusiasm).

However, to this day, I can't think of anything more convincing than these Sun articles - except my own Fleming posts.

Comment

Very much so, I think the problem is there has been so many false alarms that when one day if somebody actually nails the killer none of us will believe it! I think the word is cynical because there is so much money to be made out of this business.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
          Hi Robert.
          I haven't read Farson but have always felt something...(I lack words)...about Druitt. Let's say I know he's not Ripper, but I wish he was.

I remember having been very impressed by the Sun articles on Cutbush. I then started reading AP...enjoyed it...but it was the beginning of the end (of my initial enthusiasm).

However, to this day, I can't think of anything more convincing than these Sun articles - except my own Fleming posts.
          Hi could I be rude and ask why Druitt couldn't be our killer.
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Of course you can.
            Because he can't be Fleming, if he's Druitt.

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
              Of course you can.
              Because he can't be Fleming, if he's Druitt.
              Why not??

Fleming was Hutch after all!
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                Why not??

Fleming was Hutch after all!
                Wrong, my friend.
                Hutch was Fleming, catch the difference.
                But that's off-thread.

Comment

Originally posted by eighty-eighter View Post
                  Very much so, I think the problem is there has been so many false alarms that when one day if somebody actually nails the killer none of us will believe it! I think the word is cynical because there is so much money to be made out of this business.
                  Money? Where?

Comment

Money?? Ah! I have a suspect, and a jolly good one he is too. Much better than all the other suspects! I will give you chapter and verse if you'll only wate a whil longer.

Comment

well, first time I read about JtR was in a Reader's Digest book. They said he was a Canadian doctor whose body was found in the Thames some weeks after the MJK murder. Prostitutes killed him as a revenge murder.

So I thought that was it.

Of course that same book was saying that prehistoric men were taller than we are.
                      So I started to have doubts.
                      Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
                      - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Originally posted by PaulB View Post
                        Money? Where?
                        You mean Jack the Ripper doesn't pay the bills?

Comment

Working...
                        X