one on the 27th

Jack the Ripper"

Monty
    Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Just read Rob and Neil's work here. Super stuff and not a foot put wrong.
      allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
        Jason,

It reads -
        "I am going to do one on the 27th
        Jac"
        A report found by Debra Arif shows the full text to be -"I am going to do
        one on the 27th
        Jack the Ripper"
        ie the right hand side of the photo was cropped.

Comment

Thank you Stephen,

There is one slight error, which Rob wishes to address when he returns later this evening. It doesn't effect the article much, if at all, but it does need to be clarified.

Yes, the photo was cropped and alongside a photo of Eddowes. It is obviously a copy.

The original? We do not know where that is.

I would like to say, at this stage, a massive thanks to all who helped however I feel one person requires a special mention. If it wasn't for Debs Arif we would not have had the verification of the photo. Her find not only gives us the full text but dates. It cuts dead the speculation of photoshop and tampering.

Her find should not be overlooked, and is equally significant to the photo in our eyes.

Monty
          Monty

Comment

where was it found and when ?

Comment

coincidence

Hello Neil. Thanks. You anticipated my thinking. I could not help but notice that 27 was the day when the "Dear Boss" arrived at CNA.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

September romance

Hello Rob. Thanks. I thought the same--but September would have been SO interesting--not to say romantic.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

We've got heart!

Hello Colin. Eat your heart out! Better still, eat haggis--same thing. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

I would like to say, at this stage, a massive thanks to all who helped however I feel one person requires a special mention. If it wasn't for Debs Arif we would not have had the verification of the photo. Her find not only gives us the full text but dates. It cuts dead the speculation of photoshop and tampering.
                    All thoughtful people here are well aware of Debra's worth to us.

Comment

Hi Jason,

The name 'Jack the Ripper' first came to the publics knowledge early October 88. The report Debs found, in which the writing is mention is headed as
                      "Reports of Meetings and Discussions held in London 10th -17th August 1891" so is really anytime between those dates. However due to the fact the Police did photograph it we feel it was earlier rather than later.

The location is unknown but we know, again thanks to the Report, it was found on some Artizan Buildings. As the photo was located in the City Police archives, its logical to assume it was found on Artizan building within the City, which could be one of around 14. However there is a report of White locating writing on Kings block, in Stoney Lane, which was an Artizan building. That said, the text of that writing doesn't match the find. So we really aren't certain.

Monty
                      Monty

Comment

Hi Jason,

The name 'Jack the Ripper' first came to the publics knowledge early October 88. The report Debs found, in which the writing is mention is headed as
                        "Reports of Meetings and Discussions held in London 10th -17th August 1891" so is really anytime between those dates. However due to the fact the Police did photograph it we feel it was earlier rather than later.

The location is unknown but we know, again thanks to the Report, it was found on some Artizan Buildings. As the photo was located in the City Police archives, its logical to assume it was found on Artizan building within the City, which could be one of around 14. However there is a report of White locating writing on Kings block, in Stoney Lane, which was an Artizan building. That said, the text of that writing doesn't match the find. So we really aren't certain.

Monty
                        sounds great, thanks Monty !!

Comment

That said, the text of that writing doesn't match the find. So we really aren't certain.

Monty
                          I don't really understand what you mean by that? Can you elucidate?

Ripperologist is what cocaine was to Sherlock Holmes. I feel myself succumbing to the rush and it is fast becoming an addiction.

Debra outdid herself. This is significant.

Lynn, I agree with you, September would've been romantic. It happens I have been listening to this lovely old song this morning 'September in the rain' before I ever read this and your comment resonated with me.

Other than that, I'm speechless.

Comment

Originally posted by Beowulf View Post
                            Ripperologist is what cocaine was to Sherlock Holmes. I feel myself succumbing to the rush and it is fast becoming an addiction.
                            Thanks Beowulf, I think this might have to be our Quote for the Month next issue!

Best wishes
                            Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                              Very interesting article, Neil and Rob. The message included "signed" as part of the message. I don't know how common it was to do this. I'm wondering if it was influenced by the Lusk letter.
                              Thank you Stephen,

There is one slight error, which Rob wishes to address when he returns later this evening. It doesn't effect the article much, if at all, but it does need to be clarified.

Yes, the photo was cropped and alongside a photo of Eddowes. It is obviously a copy.

The original? We do not know where that is.

Her find should not be overlooked, and is equally significant to the photo in our eyes.

Monty
                              Just to clarify. The actual chalk message may not, and in our opinion unlikely to have, included the word 'signed', that was what was included in the transcription from "Reports of Meetings and Discussions held in London 10th -17th August 1891" that we quoted from.
                              It is our opinion that it was not part of the original message and we should have made a note of that fact in the article and should have been noticed by us.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by AdamNeilWood View Post
                                Thanks Beowulf, I think this might have to be our Quote for the Month next issue!

Best wishes
                                Adam
                                LOL! Love it to be so!

Comment

Working...
                                X