DEATHSPLOITATION: PETA Wants the Amityville Horror House

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEATHSPLOITATION: PETA Wants the Amityville Horror House

Hard to believe this article is true...The infamous 'Amityville Horror House' is up for sale again and PETA wants to use it as a "House of Horror" to scare people off meat!

I'm all for the humane treatment of animals and humane farming practices, but who in the world came up with this bizarre concept???

I find it incredibly inappropriate and offensive to exploit the home where an entire family was murdered by turning it into a blatantly commercial
    'Theme Park/Haunted House'- especially one pushing a particular socio-political agenda.

I know it was exploited before for the book & the movies, but this seems like going way too far....What do the rest of you think?

Best regards,
    Archaic
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Archaic; 06-04-2010, 05:55 AM.

Hi, I think PETA could probably score some of that Fed stimulus money to effect the hostile takeover of the mansion. It would create jobs.

The scary acting troupe

The scary orchestra

The scary publicity department

Sounds like a winner.

Roy
    Sink the Bismark

Comment

Hi Roy.

The terrible thing is that there really are people who would gladly pay admission to get into the 'Amityville-PETA Horror'...

Just think how that it would appeal to someone like that killer from Bradford.

Scary.

Best regards,
      Archaic

Comment

a tacky concept, indeed.

Comment

Hello you all!

Well, I personally find both Amityville and PETA a bit dishonest...

(With the latter one the main reason is an episode from "Penn & Teller: Bullshit" )

All the best
          Jukka
          "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

I think they don't advance their cause by doing these weird promotions and acting like extremist kooks. I rank animal abusers way down in the pond scum with child rapers, so I understand why PETA exists. However I wonder if PETA does more harm than good. I'll go with the other animal advocate societies instead.
            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Everytime PETA starts with their juvenile antics, I swear I get the urge to club a seal, just to **** them off.
              “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

It is incredibly gauche. But what is to be expected of a whole group of people who seem to place animal life above human life.

Comment

Working...
                X