X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O` Dear

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
    Trevor

Personal insults now, I do not do so to you.
    However those who cannot argue often resort to insults.

And to do so is certainly not humorous.

However the statement is incorrect, while I have no idea of your intellectual capacity, the content of your posts is wanting much of the time, both in terms of accuracy and source analysis.
    Repeating something not supported by the sources over and over again does not make it real.

Why would I be reading on how to untie knots, my arguments are not convoluted, and are based on the sources.

For information my current reading is:

1. Current Research in Egyptology 2016

2. Asiatics in Middle Kingdom Egypt by Phyllis Saretta

What's yours?

The Sun newspaper !

Steve

Comment

bingo

Hello Jon.

"Much of the 'Jack the Ripper' mystery is created by modern day students and authors of the case making incorrect assumptions."

Bingo.

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

O` Dear

Trevor

We wonder why, people avoid the forums and why Ripperology is held in such low regard by the public, the media and serious historians?
        That fatuous reply exemplifies exactly why.

Steve
        Last edited by Elamarna; 07-01-2016, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
          For information my current reading is:

1. Current Research in Egyptology 2016

2. Asiatics in Middle Kingdom Egypt by Phyllis Saretta

Steve
          Off topic....
          I only recently concluded a rather heated debate on the potential for an 'Exodus' in the Middle Kingdom, and who precisely those 'Hyksos' were.
          Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
            Off topic....
            I only recently concluded a rather heated debate on the potential for an 'Exodus' in the Middle Kingdom, and who precisely those 'Hyksos' were.
            Hi Jon

very good question?

I go for one at the very beginning of new kingdom, but an earlier one is certainly possible.

perhaps we should start a thread on it in pub talk.

steve

Comment

Originally posted by Barrister View Post
              I am sure this has been addressed in the past, but I missed it and hope you will indulge me. How in the world was the Ripper able to remove select organs from the victims in complete darkness of the type that existed in Whitechapel in the LVP? I can't even debone a chicken breast in the dark and, if I tried, my hands would be sliced to pieces. If he carried a lantern, he almost certain would have called so much attention to himself that he would have been caught. I just can't imagine that kind of skillful surgery under such conditions and I am not convinced JtR had any medical experience. Let me know your thoughts.
              Hi Barrister
              I would agree with Davids and wickermans assessment.
              I also think he probably had some kind of medical experience, or at least familiarity with cutting up bodies, animal or otherwise.

Comment

Trevor's challenge is if the killer didn't take the organs why were organs taken out and placed over the shoulders of the victims?

Columbo

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
                  Is it a coincidence that the only two victims who were found to be missing organs were the two victims that had their abdomens ripped open in such a way that those open abdomens would make it easier for someone later to remove them?
                  This is what's known as a circular argument or an argument from self.

The only two victims who had organs missing were the only two victims where incisions had been made which were sufficient for organ removal. Those incisions would make it easier for someone to remove them later as you say, but equally they would make it easier for the person making the original incisions to do so at the scene.
                  I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                    Your question is your first problem, in no case did the killer operate in "complete darkness".

With Chapman, the killer operated as dawn was breaking, and in the Eddowes case Dr. Sequeira said: "Where the murder was committed was probably the darkest part of the square, but there was sufficient light to enable the miscreant to perpetrate the deed."
                    We have no opinion with the Nichols murder, except the comment that there was a streetlamp at the end of the row.

Much of the 'Jack the Ripper' mystery is created by modern day students and authors of the case making incorrect assumptions.
                    I agree. We are talking about murders committed in the late summer / early autumn in the heart of (then) the largest city on earth. Yes, parts of the area would be darker than others, but how many external sites would be in pitch darkness? I would suggest that the only Ripper-style murder committed in complete darkness in 1888 was that of Jane Beetmoor on Birtley Fell.
                    I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                      The only two victims who had organs missing were the only two victims where incisions had been made which were sufficient for organ removal. Those incisions would make it easier for someone to remove them later as you say, but equally they would make it easier for the person making the original incisions to do so at the scene.
                      It's obvious this was part of the Ripper's plan from the outset - do all the groundwork on the streets under the cover of darkness, then pop round to the mortuary later were he could easily whip out whatever organs took his fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                        This is surely a monumental faux pass;- You've inadvertantly acknowledged that the killer of Nichols wasn't trying to take her organs. Yet your whole C5/Jack the ripper mystery narrative depends on this notion for validating the 'interrupted jack the ripper murder' concept.

So which one is it?
                        Ripperology) Nichols killer was trying to remove her uterus and was prevented from doing this due to an interruption
                        Reality) Nichols killer wasn't trying to steal her uterus, as demonstrated by the evidence
                        Last edited by Mr Lucky; 07-02-2016, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X