No announcement yet.

Child Given Herbal Remedy for Meningitis Dies: Anti-Vaccine Parents on Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Given Herbal Remedy for Meningitis Dies: Anti-Vaccine Parents on Trial

c.d.

Damn hippies...

Comment

What should be done to these people is beyond my level of wisdom and requires the wisdom of Solomon ten times over. I am not sure that the punishment of the law serves any purpose as they have already lost their child. Still.... .

c.d.

Comment

Surely something like this should count as child neglect, cd? And thus the custody of their remaining children should be thrown into question?

Comment

Hello Harry,

I think it comes down to intent. It is not like they completely ignored the child's symptoms. They did attempt to address them but unfortunately in a completely inappropriate way. But you are right that the court should have some concern for the remaining children.

Do you think they should go to jail?

c.d.

Comment

I've read a few articles about this and my biggest problem is I can't shake the feeling that they were avoiding getting actual medical attention as long as possible so they could slap a "Cures Meningitis!" sticker on one of their scam supplements. Just a completely gut feeling. I have personal reasons for hating that family and the idiots who buy their ****. So my reading isn't exactly free of emotion and knee jerk hate. Feel awful for the poor kids though.
            I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

I have incredibly strong feelings on the subjects of homeopathy and 'anti-vaxxers'. I'm sorry, but I genuinely believe that, at the very least, the remaining children need to be removed for their own safety.

There was a sentence in that report... I believe the father said 'who else gets arrested for having a child with meningitis?'. If, at this point, he still fails to grasp that is *not* what he is being arrested for, then I think there has to be serious concern for the safety of the other children.

That poor child.

Comment

The parents talked to a nurse friend who told them to see a doctor. Then they drove him to an osteopath (his body so rigid he couldn't be put in his car seat so they put him loose on a mattress placed in the car) who told them to go to the ER. Three days after that they finally go scared enough to take him to a hospital, where he died.

Yeah those other kids need to be taken away. It's not that they didn't know he needed immediate medical attention. It's that they decided not to provide it.
                The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Oh, yeah. Most assuredly they shouldn't have custody over any more children. No matter how good their intentions were, they made a completely stupid decision, and acted against the advice of two professionals, and one kid is dead because of it. Don't give them a crack at another.
                  - Ginger

Comment

Poor little tyke. Yes I agree that even a prison sentence for both parents is hardly sufficient, but what is? The other children have to be protected from both parents (and their idiot relatives) as well.

Comment

The trouble with cases like this is that there are people, who believe anything they read or hear on the net or from friends.

People still think if something does not have some substance to it , it would not be published. naivety off the scale.

The parents need to be held to account, that is for sure. one hopes that at some stage they will realise just what their actions have done. if so that will be a far worse punishment, than anything a court hands out as punishment

However people who for what ever reason post articles saying vaccines are dangerous, with no real evidence, are the real villains here. unfortunately at present they seem to be untouchable

And while in this case, the family obviously have their own ideas, and seem to not be directly influenced by the net, one does wonder where these originated
                      so very sad

Steve
                      Last edited by Elamarna; 03-20-2016, 12:31 PM.

Comment

I thought the background account was very strange, that the man's first wife committed suicide due to being bi-polar, and the fellow had started his herbal remedy company to help with her condition.
                        I'm also unhappy that people seem to be donating to these people for their legal costs.
                        Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                        ---------------
                        Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                        ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                          What should be done to these people is beyond my level of wisdom and requires the wisdom of Solomon ten times over. I am not sure that the punishment of the law serves any purpose as they have already lost their child. Still.... .

c.d.
                          I do. Manslaughter.

Jail time, at least 5 years, and lose custody of other children.

Morons. Dangerous morons.
                          Last edited by Abby Normal; 03-20-2016, 12:47 PM.
                          "Is all that we see or seem
                          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                            I do. Manslaughter.

Jail time, at least 5 years, and lose custody of other children.

Morons. Dangerous morons.
                            When you toss your toddler loose on a mattress in the car because his spine is so rife with infection that he literally cannot bend and get into the car seat, you have plainly gone past reasonable doubt. Both for the parents to insist that they didn't know how sick he was, and for the jury.
                            The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Working...
                            X