RIP Sir George

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Sir George

Just heard Sir George Martin passed away aged 90.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

A true loss for the world.....a man who really made the Beatles THE BEATLES....a producer of such genius who not only allowed a little rock band from Liverpool grow and experiment...but encouraged it.....most producers find a formula that works and wont deviate....where as Sir George said " ok boys show me what ya got".....I cant imagine a world without the Beatles and if not for George Martin, they may have been just another band from the 60's who had a few hits then vanished......

Thank you Sir George for being the architect of the soundtrack of my life....

RIP

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

I'm sure he contributed much more musically to the Beatles than he ever took credit for. And then of course he wasn't just a Beatles producer - he did other major acts as well.

Comment

Several "Beatles" related facts were mentioned on the news reports this morning. Sir George convinced the group to replace the drummer, so that it was Ringo who became the famous fourth member of the "Beatles". Also, in the recording of "Yesterday", he suggested the use of strings in the orchestration.

Jeff

Comment

That was when Paul is supposed to have said, "We don't want any of that Mantovani stuff."

Apparently he started out producing comedy records, and he probably produced this one :

Peter Sellers performs 'A Hard Day's Night' by The Beatles, in the style of Laurence Olivier's interpretation of Richard III.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            I'm sure he contributed much more musically to the Beatles than he ever took credit for.
            Indeed, his Swanee-whistle solo on She's Leaving Home is the stuff of legend.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

But a bit too heavy on the banjos in 'Eleanor Rigby.'

Comment

A highly accomplished pianist in his own right too.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

This is Ringo's Tweet:

"#RingoStarr ‏@ringostarrmusic 16h16 hours ago
                  Thank you for all your love and kindness George peace and love xx��✌️����"

Martin was indeed the Fifth Beatle. His music performed along with them and was as great a contribution as Lennon/McCartney.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Beowulf; 03-09-2016, 01:30 PM. Reason: quotations marks needed

Comment

A truly great man, and one without whom the world would have been much poorer.
                    - Ginger

Comment

Working...
                    X