No announcement yet.

Rancid Gallbladder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Guys. It is a great name for a Thrash Metal Band I think I'll start one.

The rancid Gallbladder has produced a prolific quantity of stones so the whole lot as well as the Gallbladder have to come out. It will be keyhole surgery apparently.
    I'm not keen on surgery but Gallbladder pain is horrendous

I was told that Gallstones are quite shiny like crystals and somebody they knew had theirs put on a Necklace

If I've produced any gem quality stones I'm going to sell them on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by belinda View Post
      I was told that Gallstones are quite shiny like crystals and somebody they knew had theirs put on a Necklace

Oh me! me me! I'll buy one!!! and if you want a perfect trash name for your band I suggest you add something related to death or the devil in the name, cause just "rancid gallblader" sounds more like crust punkish

Comment

My Girlfriend got hers out a couple of months ago, never looked back since.
        My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Hi Belinda.

Even if your gall-stones aren't quite 'gem' quality you can sell them like hotcakes- just get a celebrity spokesperson to hawk them on TV for you. What a gripping infomercial that would be!

Or better yet, get the gall-stones FROM a celebrity- I mean, a necklace composed of Elvis's kingly gall-stones...now that would be investment-quality jewelry!

Have you had your surgery yet? Please keep us posted. Hope you're feeling well.

Cheers,
          Archaic

Hey, I just remembered something... I had my tonsils out when I was about 7, and I had great plans to look at them under my microscope, then take them to school in a jar for show-and-tell. I was pretty excited about the prospect of seeing them.
          But when I asked for them from my hospital bed, I got told they were the property of the hospital!! MY dang tonsils!!! Can you believe it? I'm still annoyed about that!

>>Belinda, better tie a string to your gall-stones just in case, or it will be the hospital hawking them on Ebay!
          Last edited by Archaic; 09-12-2011, 01:57 AM.

Comment

That's kidney stones, I believe.

Gallstones are green, sludgy and rounded.

I here you on the pain though--while you're waiting for the surgery, a glass of apple or pear juice with a tablespoon of cider vinegar and a splash of lemon juice will calm attacks.
            “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Belinda..you are going to be fine..infact, it's outpatient surgry now, you'll be out that evening trust me, if they have an appointment made for you then it was discovered early...I wasnt so lucky just a few months back, i couldnt sleep due to a very *very* bad pain, tossed and turned for about 5 hours before I decided to go to hospital (which I had not been to in 20 years) walked in, went to the er, got three shots of pain killers and nothing helped .. some tests were done and it was discovered that my gallbladder had begun to break apart inside me, I had multiple gall stones (all larger than golf balls so I was told) had multiple ulcers and already had peritonitis due to the fact that it was falling apart....I was rushed into emergancy surgery and was stuck in hospital for 4 days (because of the infection) and here I am just a few months removed and I feel great...so I had what was the worst case scenario and I feel great now... you will be up and about and yourself in a matter of days ..

The only downside is now there are certain food and drinks I can't handle anymore, soda's make me a bit sick, as do green peppers and anything really spicy... but thats different for everyone....Let us know how it goes

and if you have any questions at all, please feel free to ask.

Steadmund Brand
              "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

It's gone. Two weeks now since they removed it.More pain than I expected but it could be worse.

Steadmund that's awful.

I got two souvenirs that look like mutant brown rice bubbles

Comment

Steadmund and Belinda, live long and prosper.

BTW after reading these messages, there are a number of foods and drinks I can't handle - which is, just about everything...

Comment

It's gone. Two weeks now since they removed it.More pain than I expected but it could be worse.

Steadmund that's awful.

I got two souvenirs that look like mutant brown rice bubbles
                    Thank goodness it's over, Belinda. You suffered a long time with it. I'm happy to hear it's gone and that you're on the recovery road. Flamenco time!

Steadmund, I'm glad you're free of the problem. I'm so glad mine was also removed. It landed me in the hospital for awhile! I can relate to your feeling of freedom.
                    Last edited by Celesta; 12-18-2011, 08:20 PM.
                    "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

BTW the title of this thread would be a great name for a pop band - Rancid Gallbladder and the Stones.

Comment

Hello Belinda!!! I'm so glad everything went well... yeah the pain is no fun, I didn't want to tell you about that part..but it goes away fast as well...again, you will feel like yourself in notime *hug* Still thinking of selling them on Ebay

Steadmund Brand
                        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Working...
                        X