X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitechapel Society Journal - Dec 2008

Hi gang,

Yes, it is now on sale and it is great!

The December edition of the WSJ is out and about - and I'm not talking about the 'Wall Street Journal'. We are talking about the Whitechapel Society Journal.

"What is in it?" I hear you cry.

Well we have an obituary for the late lamented ALBERT JOHNSON written by Christopher Jones.
    I had problems getting this done as I originally approached a commentator on the 'diary' who refused to do an obituary on dear old Albert. Rather childish I thought as they claimed to 'know' Albert very well!
    Anyway, Christopher Jones was on hand to kindly provide one for us.

Then we have the brilliant write up on Ms. Siviter's talk concerning the 'Jack the Ripper' Michael Caine film from 1988.

The brilliant writer Joe Chetcuti provides an exceptional article on
    Frank Froest a detective employed partially on the Ripper case.

We have a review of a recent event at the Museum of Docklands that went under the title of Jack the Ripper and Popular Culture. This event included a talk given by Professor ChristopherFrayling and it was a great success. You can read the full account here only!

We have another article researched by Nick Connell and Jon Ogan concerning further crimes and murders in Miller's Court over the years.

Then there are the letters, the news and views in the Central News Agency section plus our regular OFF THE WALL piece by Robin Odell. All this can not be missed!!!

And finally, we have Sir Charles Warren on the front cover reading the WSJ!!!
    Fear not, this was not some dodgy psychic experiment, this was the actor Hugh Fraser indulging in a copy of the WSJ recently. Apparently, he is a big fan!

What's not to like.

Subscribe now. If you are a member/subscriber, then enjoy!

ADRIAN.
    (EDITOR: [I]WSJ[I]: Whitechapel Society Journal)
    Hello

What have you got to lose?

Nothing, that's what.
    Hello

Comment

We have a review of a recent event at the Museum of Docklands that went under the title of Jack the Ripper and Popular Culture. This event included a talk given by Professor ChristopherFrayling and it was a great success. You can read the full account here only!--Adrian

I enjoyed the lengthy article on the Docklands presentation by Prof. Frayling and the other individuals who participated. Thanks for including it in this month's issue,sor...

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it Howard.
        Hello

Comment

Yes Adrian,
          I read your articles and enjoyed them.All the speakers were first rate but Chrispopher Frayling"s film together with his presentation of it was superb-it really was!
          Norma

Comment

Having read the review of the Frayling talk, I kick myself for not going.

Comment

Don't kick yourself too hard John.

It was just as well The Journal did go as we produced a full account for all you readers out there.

The next edition of The Journal will have a full review of the recent exhibition at the Docklands Museum.
              I thought that would excite you!

ADRIAN.
              (Editor: WSJ)
              Hello

Comment

Has there been an exhibition, Adrian?

PHILIP
                Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

It probably passed you by Philip - or is it philiph these days?

The exhibition was concerned with a bloke who went around the Victorian East End killing people. Wait..I think I've just let the cat out of the bag!!!
                  Drat!

ADRIAN.
                  Hello

Comment

I remember that one. It had a stuffed doggie in it.

Comment

The bag that the cat was let out of had a stuffed doggie in it?

PHILIP

Comment

What ever the dog did to deserve that I can only imagine.

The fact will still be that we will be producing a full account of the exhibition but elsewhere in The Journal there will be a few surprises and an interview that might make a few Ripperologists go "och!"

ADRIAN.
                        Hello

Comment

Och or Ouch???
                          'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post

What's not to like.

Subscribe now. ADRIAN.

(EDITOR: [I]WSJ[I]: Whitechapel Society Journal)
                            Hi Adrian

Couldn't you go on PayPal and up the subscription price a bit. That sending a personal cheque business is so unwieldy, especially, I imagine, for non-UK folks. I just subscribed to Ripperologist via PayPal and it took about 10 seconds

Plus your yearly subscription price is ridiculously cheap for what you get.

3 pints or 2 Big Mac Meals vs. Whitechapel 1888 Magazine for a year?

No contest.
                            allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Video of the last meeting's lecture uploaded here :

PHILIP

Comment

Working...
                              X