Macnaghten as a suspect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post

Jeff's just desperate to try to prove me wrong despite the fact that he can never find anything real to complain about it. You might remember Stewart, Ally, Judy, Lyn, Mike and others catching him in making up lies about what was said in the Cornwell thread in order to try to save face. He's just a pathetic, obsessed nobody who wants attention and can only get it by insulting people. Ignore him and he'll wander off and leave us alone for a while just like the last couple of times he tried this nonsense.
    Ah!! Then you are reading my posts Norder!!!

Which must means I'm NOT on 'ignore'...

Lets remind everyone what the Oxford English Dictionary says about 'LIE'

and I quote: LIE: An Intensionally false statement.

You claiming that you have me on 'Ignore' clearly must have been..

'An Intensionally false Statement'

I have just proved that you...are a LIAR..

You however have provided no evidence to support your claim against me..

It looks like I've again out witted the Norder..infact thats twice in one day..

Pirate allows himself a master criminal chuckle

Infact I've got a much better idea for the Casebook forum than the 'Ignore' button..

How about a 'theme tune button' that way everytime Norder makes a post casebook plays the theme tune to 'Dads Army'

"Dont tell 'im PIke"

Norder the Captain Mannering of Casebook

or perhaps Hodges.."get that light out"

Sorry just muy sense of humour...

I win again..

Pirate

Comment

I've only just rejoined these forums after a big hiatus (and then I found out that there was a database crash and my account died) and I've been reading these threads. Man, but is She Strong agressive. I can understand standing up for a point of view, but you completely lose your public when you start insulting those around you...

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
        And this time Sophie Herfort comes back slyly under an alias, "She Strong", which is a pathetic pun (She=more or less "her", Strong=fort), and she tells us she's a Cypriote citizen...
        Bonjour David,

Je ne sais pas si She Strong est vraiment Sophie Herfort, mais je pense que son pseudonyme, She Fort, veut dire "Elle es forte", c'est à dire, Mme Herfort connait son sujet. Qu'elle soit Chypriote, bon, ça m'étonnerait. En tout cas, elle m'a déjà dit que je ne connais pas le français. Peut-être je n'ai rien compris de ce qu'elle a écrit!

À plus,
        Capitaine Crochet
        Asante Mungu leo ni Ijumaa.
        Old Swahili Proverb

Comment

Salut Crochet,
          il me semble que tu as très bien compris ses divagations, et ton français est bien meilleur que son anglais.
          J'espère franchement que "She Strong" est bien Herfort, sinon ce serait encore plus triste pour "She Strong".
          Tout le monde a bien vu qu'elle n'envoyait des posts qu'à propos de son livre-bêtisier et se désintéressait complètement des autres discussions (où pourtant elle pourrait continuer à nous faire rire).
          En fait, je crois qu'elle aimerait que son Macnaghten soit classé parmi les suspects, qu'il atteigne ce statut aux côtés des Druitt, etc.
          Et elle tente désespérément d'attirer l'attention sur son oeuvrette.

Amitiés,
          David

Comment

Originally posted by Iain Wilson View Post
            I've only just rejoined these forums after a big hiatus (and then I found out that there was a database crash and my account died) and I've been reading these threads. Man, but is She Strong agressive. I can understand standing up for a point of view, but you completely lose your public when you start insulting those around you...
            She's waiting for me in Cyprus (sur-Moselle) for a fight!
            What a joke...
            You can't imagine how much I shiver!
            After all, I'm just an insane Corsican who lived in peaceful places like Ethiopia and Somalia for years...

Amitiés,
            David

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
              Ah!! Then you are reading my posts Norder!!!
              If that's the sort of evidence that proves things for you then it's quite easy to see why the odd mad folks pop up insisting that Macnaghten did it.

Especially when post #49 says this...

But what if someone quotes your response, Pirate?
              Last edited by Victor; 08-06-2008, 07:57 PM.
              Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
              Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                Damon,

There is a history of a small group of French speakers, Sophie Herfort (sp?) being one of them, who come on this website only to promote some idea, or "new" piece of writing. Historically, they have been pleasant at first, and then have taken the abusive route when doubted or questioned. I'm certain it is the same group over and over again. It happens perhaps every 8 or 9 months. Obviously they are not representative of the majority of Francophones. Yet, it is sad that they are the majority of those who post here. DVV, or David is the more correct example of the educated French speaker who is here to learn and to help.

Cheers,

Mike

Yes, Mike. I was just about to post similar remarks. It does seem to follow the same pattern. The first one was someone calling himself Georges Hodel and even though he was asked if he was Sophie, he denied it. It turned out that they were the same person. She, in the persona of Georges, denied being Sophie at least twice when I asked her. That tends to make me reticent to read the book. Georges aka Sophie did not speak, or at least write, English as well as Strong, so I don't think this is Sophie but one of her pals. Stephen had to shut the thread down. I would have been happy to read Sophie's book, but this kind of behavior puts me off. Also, this person should not be threatening people.

And you are right, David is a fine member of the Casebook, who is knowledgable and pleasant.

Also, the guy who found the body thought at first it looked like a tarp and discovered it wasn't.

Cel
                Last edited by Celesta; 08-06-2008, 08:30 PM.
                "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

After all, I'm just an insane Corsican who lived in peaceful places like Ethiopia and Somalia for years...
                  Qu'est-ce que tu faisais en Éthiopie et Somalie, David? Je ne connais pas la Somalie, mais je suis allé plusieurs fois en Éthiopie.

À plus,
                  Crochet
                  Asante Mungu leo ni Ijumaa.
                  Old Swahili Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by Victor View Post

If that's the sort of evidence that proves things for you then it's quite easy to see why the odd mad folks pop up insisting that Macnaghten did it.

Especially when post #49 says this..
                    Come on Victor

The Norder was clearly responding to my post which demonstrates that he was peeking at them..

He was cault with his pants down, fair and square...I have provided the evidence that Dan Norder is a liar..

I challenge him to provide the evidence that I am a liar..

Something he can not do. Because I am NOT.

The Norder is clearly throwing around more unsubstantiated opinion that he can not back up with proof..

Where as I just did.

Pirate

"who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler"

Comment

I highly recommend putting the complete and utter nutjobs into your personal ignore list.

It makes all the insane ranting and raving turn into this:

[ATTACH]2850[/ATTACH]

Dan Norder
                      Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
                      Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

I highly recommend putting the complete and utter nutjobs into your personal ignore list.

[ATTACH]2850[/ATTACH]

And Norder responded again!!!!!!!

Yes..what more proof do you need...

He waggles around these boards like Captain Manoring pionting out everybody elses errors....

But when it comes to the TRUTH, Dan Norder wouldnt recognise it if it jumped up a bit him on the....

Now he's telling everyone else to use their 'Ignore buttons" dispite the fact that he doesnt seem to follow his own advice..

Just digging his grave deeper and deeper..

Priceless stuff..you are great entertainment

Pirate

Comment

And this time Sophie Herfort comes back slyly under an alias, "She Strong", which is a pathetic pun (She=more or less "her", Strong=fort), and she tells us she's a Cypriote citizen...
                          Bwahahah! I didn't spot that! Well done David for spotting it, and to Sophie / Strong / whoever for coming up with it

B. (Always respectful of a good pun, and even more so of a bad one)
                          Bailey
                          Wellington, New Zealand
                          hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
                          www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Originally posted by Septic Blue View Post

If we do not take the progressive route, and refer to people, places and events in accordance with recent discoveries; then we will remain stagnant and go nowhere in our quest.

Also; if we show blatant disregard for the work of Michael Connor and Chris Scott, and allow it - like Derek Osborne's - to fade into obscurity, then this whole saga will be repeated in seven-or-eight years, when someone else 'discovers' Charles Lechmere, of 22 Doveton Street, Mile End Old Town.

Colin
                            Colin,

A very fair point, with which I do not disagree, and so I stand corrected. However I also agree with the comment elsewhere that using "Cross" would prevent people having to scurry away and look up Lechmere to figure out who we were talking about. From the argument you make, I guess this would in fact be a good thing - perhaps we would all do well to continue to update our references to keep up with discoveries.

HOWEVER, Colin, I don't think I'm unreasonable in saying you came on a little strong there? A lot of bolds and triple exclamation marks (refer Terry Pratchett for his comments on the sanity of those who indulge in gratuitous punctuation abuse) all added up to me feeling rather like I was being abused, which I don't especially care for. I see that you also tend to appear regulalrly in conflict with Mr Norder - Dan, seems you have a knack for getting up people's noses - which is between yourselves, but I don't see any need to leap all over someone who expresses an opinion which coincides with Dan's so hastily.

B.
                            Bailey
                            Wellington, New Zealand
                            hoodoo@xtra.co.nz

Comment

[ATTACH]2850[/ATTACH]
                              With all due respect, Dan, that's a much less fun version of what I'm seeing.

B.
                              Bailey
                              Wellington, New Zealand
                              hoodoo@xtra.co.nz

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Jack View Post
                                And Norder responded again!!!!!!!

Yes..what more proof do you need...

Pirate
                                Actually, Jeff, I don't think you've got anything there, dude. He isn't quoting you, he's quoting the icon that blocks your post. I'm giving that point to Dan. Be careful of looking silly...

B.
                                Bailey
                                Wellington, New Zealand
                                hoodoo@xtra.co.nz

Comment

Working...
                                X