Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John Bennett Photo discussion (moved thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The murder was outside the front door of the Hewitts, which does not necessarily mean it was outside their balcony. You would think at least one contemporary report would have held the information that Tabram was killed on an outside balcony.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Okay, Tom, the balcony was inside, and it had a chimney which you could sweep from the sky.
      And so I'm assuming that the objections you are raising against this image are exactly the same objections that I was raising against the other image?
      Sort of caught you with pants down there in church.

Comment

I have no problems with the image at all. I'm talking about where a body was found. Unless you mean to say that you think Stride's body was found two streets away from Dutfield's Yard. Show me one contemporary report, official or press, that says Tabram was found on a balcony or outdoor landing.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Tom, excuse me, but you are directly questioning the honest research carried out by two of the most trusted and respected posters on this site; and you have no evidential or material information to support your allegations that what they have reported is false or misleading information.
          But nonetheless you cast their findings and accuracy into genuine doubt, based only on your uninformed opinion.
          At the very least, when I question something, my opinion is well informed.

Comment

You have me dead to rights, AP. John Bennett is Satan.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

So Tom, you are disputing the fact that Martha Tabram was murdered on an outside balcony or landing, despite the fact that two highly respected posters on this site have provided documentary and visual evidence to show that she was?
              And you have offered nothing to counter their well-researched evidence apart from your opinion?
              I have several holes available, which one would you like to climb into?
              Deepest would be best.

Comment

Keep yer head down AP....Im reloading.

Monty
                Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                  The murder was outside the front door of the Hewitts, which does not necessarily mean it was outside their balcony. You would think at least one contemporary report would have held the information that Tabram was killed on an outside balcony.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
                  I agree. I think people have been too quick to assume that Tabram's body was found outside on the balcony since this picture came to light. I think some report would have mentioned a balcony and we still do not know the real layout of George Yard Buildings' interior.

It's all still a bit of a grey area, in my opinion..

Comment

I don't get this either. At least one of the witnesses said that people were in the habit of sleeping on the stairway. Why the heck would they sleep there if it were open to the elements? I'm confused.

Comment

I apologize in advance if this is an idiotic point... I have not re-read the thread in question. But surely there must have been a landing indoors, right? Given the alternating directions of the stairs (toward the back balcony, then towards the front of the building) it seems only logical that there must have been landings both in the back (i.e outdoors) and in the front (i.e. indoors)....

?

But perhaps no one is debating this? I am a bit lost what actually is being debated to be honest.

RH
                      Attached Files

Comment

Moreover (and again, I apologize if this is another inane point), but what about this photo of the kid... is that the balcony railing behind his head? It is hard to tell from this photo but it seems likely that the stairs go down about 3 steps, then there is a landing just below where the kid is standing, then you turn and continue down... again toward the back of the building...

Clearly, this landing is indoors, no?

?

RH
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Jack View Post
                          Tom, excuse me, but you are directly questioning the honest research carried out by two of the most trusted and respected posters on this site; and you have no evidential or material information to support your allegations that what they have reported is false or misleading information.
                          But nonetheless you cast their findings and accuracy into genuine doubt, based only on your uninformed opinion.
                          At the very least, when I question something, my opinion is well informed.
                          The difference being, he didn't accuse John Bennett of hoaxing the photo in question. Are you still attempting to claim that it is only your disagreement on the location of the photo that has gotten you in trouble? And not your unsupported accusation of fraud?

Still attempting to lie about the situation AP?

Let all Oz be agreed;
                          I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by robhouse View Post
                            Clearly, this landing is indoors, no?
                            Makes good sense to me. Thanks, Rob.

Comment

So the kid in the is at George Yard? I pictured that kind of landing for Tabram's murder. Very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Septic Blue View Post
                                If the floor-plan of the adjacent St. George's House was designed with that of the older George Yard Buildings in mind, …

… then each of the doors in John's photograph, opened into a suite of three-to-four apartments: Some being in the back of the structure, … others being in the front, and overlooking George Yard, itself.

Such a floor plan would neither require, nor accommodate and additional stairway, in a building that had a depth of only ~24 feet.
                                I cannot fathom a design that would accommodate ten apartments per floor; while cramming an additional flight of stairs and hallway onto each such level!

Again; the building had a depth of only ~24 feet!

---

Originally posted by robhouse View Post
                                ... surely there must have been a landing indoors, right? Given the alternating directions of the stairs (toward the back balcony, then towards the front of the building) ...
                                I have already addressed that issue, Rob; …

Because Tabram's body was discovered by John Reeves, as he descended the stairway; it is reasonably safe to assume that she was on an actual landing, as opposed to having been some distance along the first-floor ('second-floor' in North America) balcony.

But, which landing?

'First-Floor'; being an outdoor landing?

Or …

'Half-Floor'; being a sort of indoor/outdoor landing?

I would venture to guess the former; … because of the fact that Francis Hewitt described the body as having been twelve feet from his door.
                                … by way of my reference to what I have termed the 'half-floor' landing; which specifically in the case of St. George's House, provided access to all of the bathrooms, on a level that was between the ground-floor and the first-floor.

---

I think age-old visions die hard!

I certainly do not presume to know that John's discovery depicts the only stairway, to have been found in George Yard Buildings; but I am very confident that it does!

Comment

Working...
                                X