overkill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• military record

Hello. Thanks, Mike. This goes along with your violent thug thesis.

Did Bury serve in the military? Any military friends?

LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello. Thanks, Mike. This goes along with your violent thug thesis.

Did Bury serve in the military? Any military friends?

LC
      Good question Lynn, I dont know. I do know that his wife was a prostitute that had accumulated some shares near todays equivalent of 20,000L as of April 1888, that in February 1889 it appears he choked his wife, stabbed her, and also mutilated her abdomen apparently more severely than Mary Ann Nichols was....and that he had chalk writing on the door leading to his flat and on the staircase that said Jack the Ripper lived there.

If we could find a military connection I feel he is a good suspect for the pen knife half of the murder duo that kills Martha,... hes already a fair prospect for the Ripper himself.

Comment

• money

Hello. So if he were the slayer of Nichols and Chapman, it would fit, perhaps, with your organ harvesting thesis. Obviously, money was a motivator to him, and if a doctor (Dr. T) were to offer enough money for "spare parts"?

Best Rgds

LC

Comment

Hello. So if he were the slayer of Nichols and Chapman, it would fit, perhaps, with your organ harvesting thesis. Obviously, money was a motivator to him, and if a doctor (Dr. T) were to offer enough money for "spare parts"?

Best Rgds

LC
          Certainly the potential is there.....however he did kill his wife after the Ripper murders and may have mutilated her abdomen after being influenced by reading about those crimes.

I think for me he is a good prospect for Martha.....but as you know, I see 2 men for Marthas killers, a new one for Polly and Annie, a different one again for Liz, possibly the same single killer for Kate that killed Polly and Annie, and a new killer for Mary Jane.

"New" meaning that they hadnt killed a Canonical previously.

In that group of men I can see one Ripper, 2 ex lovers, and a pair of soldiers. Martha-soldiers, Polly/Annie-Ripper, Liz-probably Kidney, Kate-possibly Jack, Mary Jane-probably Barnett, both Barnetts, or Fleming.

Cheers LC

Comment

• Sherlock Holmes

Hello. The evidence does suggest much of that you say.

I had another look (for the umpteenth time) at the Eddowes' post mortem. Much resembles Polly and Annie EXCEPT those facial mutilations. And that still bothers me. I remember a line from an old Sherlock Holmes (Basil Rathbone) movie. It was something like: "Lloyd Brandon was strangled. The blow to the back of his head was administered post mortem and was, therefore, vicious."

Indeed! If the motive were to get that organ and go, why run such a risk spending an extra valuable minute to cut her face?

Oops! I'd better leave that for another thread!

All the best!

LC

Comment

Hello. The evidence does suggest much of that you say.

I had another look (for the umpteenth time) at the Eddowes' post mortem. Much resembles Polly and Annie EXCEPT those facial mutilations. And that still bothers me. I remember a line from an old Sherlock Holmes (Basil Rathbone) movie. It was something like: "Lloyd Brandon was strangled. The blow to the back of his head was administered post mortem and was, therefore, vicious."

Indeed! If the motive were to get that organ and go, why run such a risk spending an extra valuable minute to cut her face?

Oops! I'd better leave that for another thread!

All the best!

LC
              One guess I have about the above in bold is that these issues are some of the real problems with having Kate as a sure Ripper victim. Her uterus was almost removed completely, and she was attacked in virtually the same manner and using the same methods as were used with Polly and Annie. The facial mutilations might be his ego...showing that he was so good at this now he even had time for small details..including the 2 foot section of colon and the apron section. Or the facial wounds might be a warning....perhaps to keep noses out of other peoples business.

Maybe the kidney was to "dis-inform" police... about his real targets....the uterus theory had hit the streets already after the investigation of Annie, maybe the kidney was to throw them off. Maybe it was the real target with Kate....that however wouldnt have the organ story and street value to act as a foundation for what would amount to a murder/theft.

It seems like the killer went through some pockets....stole Annies rings....is that an indicator that the main occupation of this man was traditionally robbery?

Cheers Lynn.

Comment

• Eddowes' thread

Hello. I'd really like to get into this topic as it seems to me most urgent.

Is there a good Kate thread where we could bat this around?

LC

Comment

• not only would you have replied Properly to my last but one post
                  How does one go about responding "properly" to an hysterical post that accuses me of talking "utter shite", despite your failure to articulate the nature of your criticism? No, I have never once smeared the name of any "forensic psychologist", as my posts to this thread will bear out. The fact that you were previously banned would suggest that you're not worthy of even my ire, and that's saying something!

Comment

Working...
                  X