a consideration of Behavior's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
    But Mylett would only move forward the start-date Klosowski's "sabbatical" by one month, Dave. That would still leave a period from December 1888 to December 1897 unaccounted-for.

Does he, like some prototype Wile E Coyote, therefore try out ever more weird and wonderful techniques for getting his "fix"? Did he tire of ripping and stealing organs, before having a go at garroting, graduating to dropping anvils off tall buildings onto unsuspecting passers-by? To be fair, there's not much of a leap from "streetwalker" to "roadrunner", but I can't see it somehow.

It's the putative "winding-down" after Kelly, and the advent of a much more "genteel" pathology, that's so puzzling.
    It could also be that he found Kelly gratifying and continued to escalate. Liz Jackson is certainly an escalation. We have no way of discerning his feedback from each crime. We do not/cannot know with any certainty. Like so much else in this case, it is subjective.
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
      I have not found anything like an external motivator or even voices. I rather expect he did not have symptoms of that nature. The motive would be obscure, the only place the behavior is likely to make sense is in his head. We only have shallow approximations, and can identify likely triggers.His response like his motive would likely not have a presence discernable to an outside observer. It is entirely probable that his contemoraries would not spot any anomalies. Look at his mentors as a case and point. Severin's triggers were likely to be external to himself but on the order of interpersonal interactions. We could be looking at victims that all had haircuts from this guy and just smarted off, it could literally be that small in scale. Respectfully Dave
      Well first of all it doesnt have to be voices exactly and I agree the behaviour might only make sense in his head----which is what I have always believed to be the case with the Goulston St graffiti.It makes no sense but it may have done to him.
      Regarding the haircuts.I think they were mostly male barber shops---the one in the basement of the White Hart pub was a barber shop.
      When you say,"look at his mentors" who do you mean,Dave?
      Certainly he had a very short fuse and this is confirmed by a number of people who knew him.
      Best
      Nats

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
        Well first of all it doesnt have to be voices exactly and I agree the behaviour might only make sense in his head----which is what I have always believed to be the case with the Goulston St graffiti.It makes no sense but it may have done to him.
        Regarding the haircuts.I think they were mostly male barber shops---the one in the basement of the White Hart pub was a barber shop.
        When you say,"look at his mentors" who do you mean,Dave?
        Certainly he had a very short fuse and this is confirmed by a number of people who knew him.
        Best
        Nats
        Wout exception they rave? Clearly his performance professionaly was good, not the mark of an unhinged individual. Look how long it took to catch him. He could maintain normalcy as far as most external observers were concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
          Wout exception they rave? Clearly his performance professionaly was good, not the mark of an unhinged individual. Look how long it took to catch him. He could maintain normalcy as far as most external observers were concerned.
          Well Dave, his behaviour with Mary Spink was quite eccentric and odd.At their barber shop in Hastings she lathered while he shaved.Then she went on the piano and everybody joined in a sing-a-long.Bit of a strange carry on really !
          Then you have to remember his work record was very chequered,He was never in one place of work,or living space or with one woman for more than two years and often for less than that.Miss Chapman told of how after a few months he invited a third woman into their bogus "marriage' and insisted she stayed in this menage a trois.She became very unhappy with it and left him.
          He obeyed only his own rules by the sound of things.

Comment

Well Dave, his behaviour with Mary Spink was quite eccentric and odd.At their barber shop in Hastings she lathered while he shaved.Then she went on the piano and everybody joined in a sing-a-long.Bit of a strange carry on really !
            Then you have to remember his work record was very chequered,He was never in one place of work,or living space or with one woman for more than two years and often for less than that.Miss Chapman told of how after a few months he invited a third woman into their bogus "marriage' and insisted she stayed in this menage a trois.She became very unhappy with it and left him.
            Of that there can be no doubt!

Comment

Hi Nats,

Indeed - and yet 'profilers' make up their own rules for serial killer behaviour and think the buggers are in general going to play along and obey them.

In their dreams, I'm afraid.

Love,

Caz
              X
              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

It is not that profilers expect SK's to fit statistical averages. Profilers have an understanding of how world views become fatal pathologies. It is knowing which behaviors are preferred by an individual and having some measure of the decision making process killers use.

Comment

Working...
                X