Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by corey123 View Post
    Hello Nats,

Good to know. The suggestion that he would want to get caught kind of blows my mind. I understand that when a serial killer is caught, they are relieved and pysically ill, but they would do anything at all costs to keep their fantasies at play.

However, this does not play in some factors like stupidity(Neil Creme lol) or just plain rage, sort of like spree killers. Of coarse, they usually end up taking their own lives in the end as well, just another point to prove that killers don't want to be caught.

Ok, my rant is over.
    Actually there is a tiny subgroup of serial killers who turn themselves in. Most notably Edmund Kemper.
    Like 2 %.
    The reasons are varied.

aaaaaannnnd FIGHT!
    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• Hello Errata,

And it is obvious that this killer wasn't amung that group.
      Washington Irving:

"To a homeless man, who has no spot on this wide world which he can truly call his own, there is a momentary feeling of something like independence and territorial consequence, when, after a weary day's travel, he kicks off his boots, thrusts his feet into slippers, and stretches himself before an inn fire. Let the world without go as it may; let kingdoms rise and fall, so long as he has the wherewithal to pay his bills, he is, for the time being, the very monarch of all he surveys. The arm chair in his throne; the poker his sceptre, and the little parlour of some twelve feet square, his undisputed empire. "

Stratford-on-Avon

Comment

• There is an old "B" feature called (I think) The Old Man Who Cried Wolf, starring Lewis Stone (better recalled as Judge Hardy in the "Andy Hardy" series) where someone planning a killing purposely became a repeating confessor to crimes, so that when the actual crime he commits is uncovered and he "confesses" the police refuse to consider him more than a mental case or crank after publicity. I don't know if the Ripper ever "confessed" like that, but it could have been done in 1888. Fake confessions follow almost any well known criminal (for example after the Black Dahlia case). Recently there was an example in the Jon Benet Ramsay Case where a criminal in prison in Asia was shipped to Colorado when he hinted he was the killer (the authorities later had to let him go when his "evidence" of self-guilt seemed to collapse.

As for Chapman's comments - he certainly had a sadistic, sick sense of humor, but some of his comments are typical of many killers. Thomas Griffiths Wainewright, while in Newgate Prison awaiting transporting to Australia, was visited by friends and acquaintances. Wainewright knew he was lucky to not be tried for killing three people with poison, and that policemen in the prison may have been listening to him at the time. Suddenly one of the visitors berated him for poisoning the lovely Helen Abercrombie, his sister-in-law, and asked what would make him do that. He looked at this fool, realizing that the idiot was expecting him to make a confessing remark that could lead to his hanging. "I don't know," Wainewright shot back, "Maybe her ankles were too thick." Wainewright was quoting an old Greek line of poetry, "I don't like women with thick ankles."

Jeff

Comment

• David Berkowitz, the infamous Son of Sam, is typically pictured as walking around New York burrough streets at night with a pistol in hand looking to pop couples necking in their cars. To a large extent, this is true of his murders - but his first attempt, against a woman named Michelle Forman (she survived, but was put in the hospital), was with a knife, and she was in her home and not her car. That switch - from a personalized kniving to a far less intimate shooting - is just as dramatic as that between a knife and poison.

I have no problem at all reconciling Klosowski's later murders with the possibility that he was also Jack the Ripper. Look at it this way: his motive in those killers would have been completely different from the far more impulsive, far rasher state of mind he'd have been in. Which isn't to say that Chapman is the Ripper - he probably isn't - but he is to my mind by far the most viable of the named suspects.

What we need with this suspect is someone with the mindless zeal of a Patricia Cornwell who has money to spare investigating him. In particular I would say that the old White Heart pub needs to be totally ransacked to look for his 'disappeared' Polish wife. We know, roughly, the places he lived whilst in Whitechapel. If anyone were legitimately interested in him as a killer they could begin by conducting a far more sweeping investigation of Klosowski than has previously been given him.

Comment

• Hi defective detective,Mayerling, Corey 123 ,Errata,Pablito!

The old White Heart pub needs to be totally ransacked to look for his 'disappeared' Polish wife.
            Well there could be just a muddle over the "disappeared" Polish wife.
            At the conference , September last , Gareth Williams [Sam Flynn] spoke on Chapman.
            Gareth said that according to the murder trial transcripts of 1903 regarding Severin Klosowski ,the witness Ethel Radin had testified that 15 years previously ,Klosowski had worked for five months in their barbers shop at 70 West India Dock Road .She also said he had gone there with his wife.Well 15 years previously means that this was in the year 1888.If this was when he arrived at Mrs Radin"s barber shop with "his wife" then that "wife" did disappear and I think Mrs Radin implied that she was Polish.
            However, if this person was the Polish born Lucy Baderski,she and Klosowski were married at the end of October 1889 and they both went to live immediately after the ceremony at Severin"s address at 126 Cable Street where he leased it in 1888----probably sometime in the Autumn /Winter of 1888 because it made it into the Post Office Directory for January 1889 . Lucy"s brother also testified that Klosowski had been living at 126 Cable Street before his marriage to Lucy.
            So its a mystery.The only time Mrs Radin and her husband ran a barber shop at 70 West India Dock Road,according to the Post Office Directory was during the year 1888 ie for the previous twelve months to the Cable Street period.But this West India Dock Road address needs to be double checked regarding his timeline.
            Clearly,if he was at Mrs Radin"s in 1888 he wasnt with his Polish wife Lucy Baderski who he didn"t meet until August 1889 .
            I wrote a long article on Severin Klosowski for Ripperologist and it is now here on Casebook under "Dissertations".Its entitled ."The Cable Street Dandy".
            I would be interested to discuss it with anyone who might be interested in Klosowski as a suspect!
            Best Wishes,
            Norma
            Last edited by Natalie Severn; 11-01-2010, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X