A Study in Red, The Secret Journal of Jack the ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A meteoric rise

'A Study in Red' has this morning reached the heady heights of #16 in the Amazon.co.uk JTR bestselling listings, it's highest position yet. Yesterday it was at #41, so I'm pleased to say the least that my fictional account is doing so well at the moment, especially in such auspicious company.

I'm delighted and amazed at such a sudden surge in interest in the novel. I know my publisher will be pleased.

For the latest placings please see http://www.amazon.co.uk/jack-ripper-...0ripper&page=2
    Mike, at least you lived to tell the tale. You never know what may have been lurking in the background.

Best regards

Brian
    I say again, sleep, fair citizens, while you can, for there will be...a next time! From A Study in Red - The Secret Journal of Jack the Ripper, by Brian L Porter

Comment

Well done Brian, I have not bought a ripper book in the last couple of days, though I doubt my buying habits will effect placing's too much.

Congrats
      Regards Mike

Comment

Another review - A Study in Red

Here's the latest review to appear on the Amazon.com (US) site. I particularly appreciate this lady's words as she appears to be something of a Ripper student who normally doesn't read fictional works on the subject. I read her other reviews of a number of ripper books and four stars appears to be her top rating for many of them

Regards to all

Brian

Worth it...., May 14, 2008
        By Deborah K. Dobbins "Saucy" (Indianapolis, IN) - See all my reviews

I usually don't like Jack the Ripper fiction works, but I found "A Study In Red: The Secret Journal of Jack the Ripper" very different, yet sickeningly fascinating. I was unable to order my copy when it was first released so as you can imagine, I was very excited to order this work. Filled with illusion, I began reading and found a very exciting, suspenseful thriller. Dr. Cavendish speaks in the first person of a his fright filled days reading a journal handed down to him after his fathers passing. Dr. Cavendish soon realizes this is the journal of none other than Jack the Ripper himself.

As pointed out by another reviewer, it did seem to drag out... Especially some of Dr. Cavendish's ramblings between reading journal entries. I also found the over use of exclamation points a bit annoying, but that's just me. The entire storyline of John Terrance Ross could have been omitted and did little to fuel the already thrilling work. I didn't really care for who JtR turned out to be, but that aside, the story itself was very intriguing.

Overall, this was a GREAT book and a quick read as you will NOT want to put it down. Like Dr. Cavendish, I found myself unable to sleep peacefully until I was finished reading. I highly recommend "A Study In Red" and give Mr. Porter 4 stars on a job well done! I will be looking forward to Mr. Porter's next work, hopefully another tale about Jack.
        Last edited by Rescuedog; 05-14-2008, 02:39 PM.
        I say again, sleep, fair citizens, while you can, for there will be...a next time! From A Study in Red - The Secret Journal of Jack the Ripper, by Brian L Porter

Comment

Another good review

The readers of A Study in Red continue to give it some very good reviews. This short one just appeared on the Amazon UK site.

I'm delighted that people seem to be enjoying the book so much

Regards to all

Brian

Fantastic read, 15 May 2008
          By Mrs. Doreen E. Oakley - See all my reviews

I could not put this book down, riveting and so well researched.Well done Brian I am on the lookout for more of your work.
          Thanks
          Doreen E Oakley

Comment

I am glad it is going so well Brian, great news on the good reviews!!
            Regards Mike

Comment

Highest Amazon Position so Far

'A Study in Red - The Secret Journal of Jack the Ripper' today reached number 13 in the Amazon UK bestselling Jack the Ripper book listings.

I'm delighted that the book continues to do so well and that the readers are enjoying it so much that they continue to add such great customer reviews to the sites of both Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk

For the latest listing please see http://www.amazon.co.uk/jack-ripper-...0ripper&page=2

Regards

Brian

Comment

Congrats Brian, once again another achievement.

Won't be long before you get the key to the city of Donnie!
                Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                  Congrats Brian, once again another achievement.

Won't be long before you get the key to the city of Donnie!
                  Thanks for the congrats Mike. I am quite proud of how the book's doing but as for the keys to this place, I think they threw away the keys to the asylum a long time ago!

Best regards

Brian

Comment

Cover Art Design award - A Study in Red

There is now just one week left for voting in the Authors Lounge Cover Art Design Awards, May 2008.

I'm flattered that the cover of my novel 'A Study in Red - The Secret Journal of ~Jack the Ripper' received a nomination for the award, and wondered if I might ask my friends if they feel so inclined, to place a vote for my book on the voting page at http://www.talauthors.com/TAL/RomanceandMoreAwards.htm

Simply check the box next to my title and click on vote at the bottom of the voting box, and it's done!

The stunning (I think) artwork was by Deron Douglas at Double Dragon Publishing, who deserves so much praise for his brilliant graphic design, which I believe really captures the essence of the book.

Thanks in advance for those who feel like supporting my humble effort.

Best regards

Brian

Comment

A Study In Red Wins Award!

A Study in Red has won the Authors Lounge Best Cover Art design for May 2008. See http://www.talauthors.com/TAL/BestCoverArt.htm

I'm obvioulsy delighted that the book has received this small accolade, and i'm especially delighted for Deron Douglas at Double Dragon Publishing who created the superb cover for me.

I want to say a VERY BIG thankyou to all of those here at the Casebook and elsewere who voted for the book. Your support has been essential in making this happen, and I am so grateful to eveyone.

Another of my book covers, that of 'Purple Death' has been nominated for the June award, and if anyone would like to place a vote for that one, the link is at http://www.talauthors.com/TAL/RomanceandMoreAwards.htm

Thanks again and best regards

Brian

Comment

Well done Brian, Very proud of you my friend.
                        Regards Mike

Comment

The Journal of the Whitechapel Society

I was delighted to see Coral Kelly's excellent review of the book in thie current issue of the journal. In addition, my short article 'Whodunnit?... I dunno' was included and it was quite strange to see my story of the novel's genesis laid bare in black and white.

Regards to all

Brian

Comment

Well done Brian.
                            Regards Mike

Comment

It's been a while since any new reviews of 'A Study in Red' appeared on the Amazon.com website. I was pleased therefore to find the following review placed there yesterday. I'm pleased that people are still enjoying the book.

Best regards

Brian

"WOW", July 15, 2008
                              By L. Tincher "Author" (Louisville, Kentucky)

The word "WOW" doesn't even begin to describe the feeling correctly. I picked the book up, headed out to sit by the pool, started reading and did not put it down until I was finished. I must say, I'm glad I read it outside in the broad daylight. Brian does a fantastic job transporting you into the sick mind of a serial killer. Jack became as real to me as if I had met him in person. (I am very thankful that did not happen!) I highly recommend this book to the thriller lovers out there. It is definately not one for the faint hearted. I think this would make a "killer" movie. (Ok, bad pun)
                              Last edited by Rescuedog; 07-16-2008, 03:41 PM.

Comment

A Chance to Win a copy of 'A Study in Red'

The cover design of 'A Study in Red - The Secret Journal of Jack the Ripper' has been nominated for 'Erin Aisliin's Book Cover of the Month', for July 2008. Voting takes place through August. One voter will win a copy of the winning nomination. In order to win a copy of the e-book version of 'A Study in Red' it is of course necessary that the book is the winner as the winning voter receives a copy of the winning book. Please support my nomination by going to http://www.erinaislinn.com/BookCoveroftheMonth.htm and click on 'Vote for a Study in Red'. You will then see a blank email page appear, and just press 'send' and your vote will be registered. No purchase is necessary and the winner will be notified by email of how to claim their prize.

At the same time can I please ask all my friends once more to vote for 'Glastonbury' in The Authors Lounge Best Cover Illlustration Award for August . To place a vote for this one simply visit the voting page at http://www.talauthors.com/TAL/RomanceandMoreAwards.htm and check the box next to the title and trhen click on 'vote' at teh bottom of the box.

Thanks again to everyone, and good luck to those who enter the contest to win 'A Study in Red' Remember, the winner of the draw gets a copy of the winning book, so please vote for 'A Study in Red' for the chance to own a copy.

Brian

Comment

Working...
                                X