Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
    Carol
    I think you were right first time this is a bad taste thread.
    Hello John,
    Thank you.
    Carol
    Last edited by Carol; 04-13-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• for a more respectful and accurate portrayal of the the victims in a song ,, check out the "Jack the ripper song by Chris Bolister" on you tube .

Comment

• @Carol: I agree with you, giving "themes" to the victims could be a tad insensitive, and I don't think that was the point of this thread since it's called "Jack's favorite songs". So, for future posters, just try to stay on topic?

I originally thought this thread was about songs that were inspired by Jack, so I did some research and I found a bunch. I apologize if some of these have already been mentioned:

Judas Priest - The Ripper
        A.F.I. - Jack the Ripper (Morrisey Cover)
        Motorhead - Jack the Ripper
        Short Stock - Jack the Ripper
        My Chemical Romance - Jack the Ripper (Another cover of Morrisey)
        The Servant - Jack the Ripper
        The Horrors - Jack the Ripper
        Dive Bella Dive - Jack the Ripper (I actually liked this one)
        Nick Cave - Jack the Ripper

On another note, I don't think these bands' intention was to glorify Jack (well, some of they might have had that in mind), but I see it in the way that Jack has created a strange fascination in people for over a hundred years. I mean, that's part of the reason we're all here, right?

Comment

• For Mary Jane & Astrakhan Man;

Sharp dressed man : ZZTop
          Midnight Rambler : The Rolling Stones
          Eyes without a face : Billy Idol
          When i saw you standing there : The Beatles
          Bring it on home : Led Zeppelin
          SCORPIO

Comment

• Rip her to shreds - Blondie
            Screaming Bloody Murder - Sum 41
            Stab My Back - The All-American Rejects
            This is the end (for you my friend) - Anti-flag
            Don't Fear The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
            We Still Kill The Old Way - Lostprophets
            Murder - Within Temptation

Comment

• Blood Red Sandman by Lordi.

"They call me the leather apron, they call me smiling Jack.
              They prayed to the heavens above that I would never ever come back."

First two lines of the song.

Comment

• I'm too late to edit my post, but I just want to clarify that my contribution wasn't supposed to be in bad taste. It was another song that was influenced by the killings.

It actually took me about 3 listens before I understood what he had said at the start of the song (he has a hell of a gravelly voice) and put 2 and 2 together on it. The rest of the song makes no sense to the JtR killings, though. It was probably just shoved in as a reference for the hell of it. The next 2 lines are, "Can you hear how the children weep. / Chills of fear like a sawblade cutting deep." Nothing to do with JtR at all.

Comment

• Just came across this

Read every post and noticed no one listed Jack The Ripper by The White Stripes. I think it captures the essence spot on. "Walkin down the street, late at night. Jack The Ripper. Jack The Ripper." Wicked song.
                  Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

• I wonder how many tunes have been nominated?.
                    Perhaps enough for a top 40 ?.
                    SCORPIO

Comment

• Song for Annie Chapman.

Comment

• For any of the suspects: Another One Bites the Dust

Also: I Just Want to Be Mad for a While

In the City (a Eagles hit

maybe Two Doors Down

possibly She Thinks I Still Care if JtR is Joseph Barrett

and possibly Standing on the Edge of Goodbye
                        And the questions always linger, no real answer in sight

Comment

• This covers the Suspect List on Casebook. The songs have been chosen for title alone, not lyrics. Using suspect’s data file. Fun!

Joseph Barnett—He Stopped Loving Her Today by George Jones

Alferd Naiper Blanchard—Suspicions by Eddie Rabbit

WH Bury—Emotion by Bee Gees

Prince Albert Victor—Sombody’s Knocking by Terri Gibbs

Louis Carroll—Dream On by The Oak Ridge Boys

Dr Thomas Neill Cream—They’re Hanging Me Tonight by Marty Robbins

Francis Deeming—Mama Knows by Shenandoah

Carl Feigenbaum—Who Am I? by Kris Kristopherson

Fogelma—Strangers In the Night by Frank Sinatra

Hyam Hyams—Welcome to My Nightmare by Alice Cooper

Jill the Ripper—You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin

George Chapman—Tragedy by Bee Gees

Aaron Kosminski—Windmills of the Mind by Dusty Springfield

The Lodger—Stop, Children, What’s That Sound by Buffalo Springfield

James Maybrick—Diary of a Madman by Gravediggaz

Dr. Alexander Pedachenko—Just What the Doctor Ordered by Ted Nugent

Royal Conspiracy—Queen and Country by Jethro Tull

James Kenneth—Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider

Roslyn D’Onston—A Watcher’s Point of View by PM Dawn

Francis Thompson—Poetic Justice by Kendrick Lamar

Francis Tumblety—Only In America by Brooks and Dunn

Alferd Napier Blanchard—Confessions by Patty Page

David Cohen—Mistaken Identity by Snow

Montague John Druitt—Down In the River to Pray by Alison Krauss

Georhe Hunchinson—Tell Me a Tale by Michael Kiwauka

James Kelly—Meet the Source of the Problem by Bare Knuckles

Jacob Levy—You Done Me Wrong by Ray Price

Leather Apron—Apron Strings by Everybody But the Girl

Michael Ostrog—Mad Hatter by Lynard Skynard

Walter Sickert—Paint It Black by Rolling Stones

Alois Szemerady—Same $&!%, Different Day by Young Gunz

Nikolay Vasiliev—From Russia With Love by John Berry

Doctor John Williams—The Pure Conjecture by The Throat

Last edited by RavenDarkendale; 05-15-2013, 01:34 PM.
                          And the questions always linger, no real answer in sight

Comment

• My song for Jack...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Peggy Lee-Why Don't you do Right

Comment

• The 'Lords' trademark tune, produced by Joe Meek. Perfect for his shock-rock stage show. For some reason, no radio stations wanted to go near this!

Jack was sutch a conceited bastard! Plus, the running & screaming in the beginning of the song always gave him a big laugh, for he knew better. He also was kind of cocky. And he didn’t like the White Stripes.
                              Headcoates rule ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenDarkendale View Post

This covers the Suspect List on Casebook. The songs have been chosen for title alone, not lyrics. Using suspect’s data file. Fun!

Joseph Barnett—He Stopped Loving Her Today by George Jones

Alferd Naiper Blanchard—Suspicions by Eddie Rabbit

WH Bury—Emotion by Bee Gees

Prince Albert Victor—Sombody’s Knocking by Terri Gibbs

Louis Carroll—Dream On by The Oak Ridge Boys

Dr Thomas Neill Cream—They’re Hanging Me Tonight by Marty Robbins

Francis Deeming—Mama Knows by Shenandoah

Carl Feigenbaum—Who Am I? by Kris Kristopherson

Fogelma—Strangers In the Night by Frank Sinatra

Hyam Hyams—Welcome to My Nightmare by Alice Cooper

Jill the Ripper—You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin

George Chapman—Tragedy by Bee Gees

Aaron Kosminski—Windmills of the Mind by Dusty Springfield

The Lodger—Stop, Children, What’s That Sound by Buffalo Springfield

James Maybrick—Diary of a Madman by Gravediggaz

Dr. Alexander Pedachenko—Just What the Doctor Ordered by Ted Nugent

Royal Conspiracy—Queen and Country by Jethro Tull

James Kenneth—Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider

Roslyn D’Onston—A Watcher’s Point of View by PM Dawn

Francis Thompson—Poetic Justice by Kendrick Lamar

Francis Tumblety—Only In America by Brooks and Dunn

Alferd Napier Blanchard—Confessions by Patty Page

David Cohen—Mistaken Identity by Snow

Montague John Druitt—Down In the River to Pray by Alison Krauss

Georhe Hunchinson—Tell Me a Tale by Michael Kiwauka

James Kelly—Meet the Source of the Problem by Bare Knuckles

Jacob Levy—You Done Me Wrong by Ray Price

Leather Apron—Apron Strings by Everybody But the Girl

Michael Ostrog—Mad Hatter by Lynard Skynard

Walter Sickert—Paint It Black by Rolling Stones

Alois Szemerady—Same $&!%, Different Day by Young Gunz

Nikolay Vasiliev—From Russia With Love by John Berry

Doctor John Williams—The Pure Conjecture by The Throat

...and lets not forget Charles Lechmere - "The Final Countdown" by Europe.

Fisherman

Comment

Working...
                                X